User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    You still are not answering my question. Why, subjectively, would you choose to fight against Hitler rather than fight for him or do nothing?
    That's easy, I don't like what Hitler did to my people in Poland. I subjectively believe he deserves brutal torture and a gruesome death for what he has done.

You still are not answering my question. Why, subjectively, would you choose to fight against Hitler rather than fight for him or do nothing?
    One could oppose Hitler simply because his policies disrupted domestic life.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by entpersonal View Post
    One could oppose Hitler simply because his policies disrupted domestic life.
    Woah there, entpersonal. What is worth defending about domestic life? It is just your opinion that domestic life has any value. Try again!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    That's easy, I don't like what Hitler did to my people in Poland. I subjectively believe he deserves brutal torture and a gruesome death for what he has done.
    That's just your opinion, though. You have already told me that you don't believe one is better than the other. In choosing to fight against Hitler you are taking a stance based on one opinion being better than another, which you have already said is impossible to prove.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm gonna go ahead and spoil the ending for you guys. I'm just going to keep asking you to explain yourselves until you have to admit there is one universal: you like feeling good, and so does everyone. Good is good. Bad is bad. They exist. They are fundamental. Rocks don't know them, but we do. You can't reason about humans from the standpoint of a rock. The end.

Socionics
    ILI

That's just your opinion, though. You have already told me that you don't believe one is better than the other. In choosing to fight against Hitler you are taking a stance based on one opinion being better than another, which you have already said is impossible to prove.
    I know that's my opinion, hence me mentioning its subjectivity. You mistake Objectivism for majority approval, when it is not. Objectivism is universal Logos. I'm not arguing about opinionation, I'm arguing about the terms you are using. It's impossible to objectively say one is better than the other morally or emotionally (but you can in terms of logical efficiency and reasoning), it is entirely possible to subjectively say one is better than the other.

Socionics
    ILI

I'm gonna go ahead and spoil the ending for you guys. I'm just going to keep asking you to explain yourselves until you have to admit there is one universal: you like feeling good, and so does everyone. Good is good. Bad is bad. They exist. They are fundamental. Rocks don't know them, but we do. You can't reason about humans from the standpoint of a rock. The end.
    Good and Bad only exist subjectively. Everyone likes feeling good, but good is a matter of opinion. Morality is subjective. Emotions are subjective. Opinions are the core of subjection.

There is no good or bad. There are only facts. What we do with those facts determines whether or not something is "good" or "bad".

MBTI
    INTP

I know that's my opinion, hence me mentioning its subjectivity. You mistake Objectivism for majority approval, when it is not. Objectivism is universal Logos. I'm not arguing about opinionation, I'm arguing about the terms you are using. It's impossible to objectively say one is better than the other morally or emotionally (but you can in terms of logical efficiency and reasoning), it is entirely possible to subjectively say one is better than the other.
    Good and Bad only exist subjectively. Everyone likes feeling good, but good is a matter of opinion. Morality is subjective. Emotions are subjective. Opinions are the core of subjection.

There is no good or bad. There are only facts. What we do with those facts determines whether or not something is "good" or "bad".
    I can't reply to these right now. I will have to do it later. I am too busy laughing over the post highlander made which I linked to in my signature.

Socionics
    ILI

I can't reply to these right now. I will have to do it later. I am too busy laughing over the post highlander made which I linked to in my signature.
    lol, alrighty then. Good debate by the way. I'm going to go check out that thread now.

Woah there, entpersonal. What is worth defending about domestic life? It is just your opinion that domestic life has any value. Try again!
    I didn't say worth defending. A random person might just oppose Hitler because it disrupted his routine and not really care about the ethical issues.