User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

Results 151 to 160 of 192

  1. #151
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    You still are not answering my question. Why, subjectively, would you choose to fight against Hitler rather than fight for him or do nothing?
    That's easy, I don't like what Hitler did to my people in Poland. I subjectively believe he deserves brutal torture and a gruesome death for what he has done.

  2. #152
    Senior Member entpersonal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    You still are not answering my question. Why, subjectively, would you choose to fight against Hitler rather than fight for him or do nothing?
    One could oppose Hitler simply because his policies disrupted domestic life.

  3. #153
    Senior Member zago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entpersonal View Post
    One could oppose Hitler simply because his policies disrupted domestic life.
    Woah there, entpersonal. What is worth defending about domestic life? It is just your opinion that domestic life has any value. Try again!

  4. #154
    Senior Member zago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    That's easy, I don't like what Hitler did to my people in Poland. I subjectively believe he deserves brutal torture and a gruesome death for what he has done.
    That's just your opinion, though. You have already told me that you don't believe one is better than the other. In choosing to fight against Hitler you are taking a stance based on one opinion being better than another, which you have already said is impossible to prove.

  5. #155
    Senior Member zago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    I'm gonna go ahead and spoil the ending for you guys. I'm just going to keep asking you to explain yourselves until you have to admit there is one universal: you like feeling good, and so does everyone. Good is good. Bad is bad. They exist. They are fundamental. Rocks don't know them, but we do. You can't reason about humans from the standpoint of a rock. The end.

  6. #156
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    That's just your opinion, though. You have already told me that you don't believe one is better than the other. In choosing to fight against Hitler you are taking a stance based on one opinion being better than another, which you have already said is impossible to prove.
    I know that's my opinion, hence me mentioning its subjectivity. You mistake Objectivism for majority approval, when it is not. Objectivism is universal Logos. I'm not arguing about opinionation, I'm arguing about the terms you are using. It's impossible to objectively say one is better than the other morally or emotionally (but you can in terms of logical efficiency and reasoning), it is entirely possible to subjectively say one is better than the other.

  7. #157
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and spoil the ending for you guys. I'm just going to keep asking you to explain yourselves until you have to admit there is one universal: you like feeling good, and so does everyone. Good is good. Bad is bad. They exist. They are fundamental. Rocks don't know them, but we do. You can't reason about humans from the standpoint of a rock. The end.
    Good and Bad only exist subjectively. Everyone likes feeling good, but good is a matter of opinion. Morality is subjective. Emotions are subjective. Opinions are the core of subjection.

    There is no good or bad. There are only facts. What we do with those facts determines whether or not something is "good" or "bad".

  8. #158
    Senior Member zago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    I know that's my opinion, hence me mentioning its subjectivity. You mistake Objectivism for majority approval, when it is not. Objectivism is universal Logos. I'm not arguing about opinionation, I'm arguing about the terms you are using. It's impossible to objectively say one is better than the other morally or emotionally (but you can in terms of logical efficiency and reasoning), it is entirely possible to subjectively say one is better than the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Good and Bad only exist subjectively. Everyone likes feeling good, but good is a matter of opinion. Morality is subjective. Emotions are subjective. Opinions are the core of subjection.

    There is no good or bad. There are only facts. What we do with those facts determines whether or not something is "good" or "bad".
    I can't reply to these right now. I will have to do it later. I am too busy laughing over the post highlander made which I linked to in my signature.

  9. #159
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    I can't reply to these right now. I will have to do it later. I am too busy laughing over the post highlander made which I linked to in my signature.
    lol, alrighty then. Good debate by the way. I'm going to go check out that thread now.

  10. #160
    Senior Member entpersonal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    Woah there, entpersonal. What is worth defending about domestic life? It is just your opinion that domestic life has any value. Try again!
    I didn't say worth defending. A random person might just oppose Hitler because it disrupted his routine and not really care about the ethical issues.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-27-2014, 12:54 AM
  2. [ESFP] Why isn't there any threads on ESFP's?
    By Eiddy in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 12:30 AM
  3. Why isn't Intuition more widely known?
    By Quinlan in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 07:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO