12 Last

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Default Light at the end of the tunnel?

Agree, or disagree? /si. Is there "light at the end of the tunnel"? I'm not asking if there is God, exactly. Rather, is something looking out for us? That's not necessarily the same answer.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Lol @ jar jar binks option, every time.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Lol @ jar jar binks option, every time.

I might as well merrily run it into the ground. Well after it gets stale.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

ndovjtjcaqidthi

It will never get stale.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Scientists say that the light at the end of the tunnel is just chemicals in our brains causing us to hallucinate due to trauma; but I think that the fact that something has a scientific or biological explanation doesn't mean that it doesn't have mystical and spiritual meaning. Maybe our spirits really do go outside our bodies, and there is abnormal brain chemistry at the same time. Why not?

As for something looking after us, I think we help create our reality. Incarnation is accumulating and eliminating karma. Whether this is done by some outside force is questionable. I think it just happens because that's how things work. So yes and no.

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    ILI-

there is light at the end of the tunnel and light beyond the end of space, shamayim
    "sidere mens eadem mutato"

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

The original demiurge may possibly be benevolent, but his program has over time been hacked and corrupted by another mind, one bent upon malevolence and the law of the jungle.

Extreme actions must be taken if this treachery is to be undone, now!

The Gods as of now have settled for a contract of hyper-dimensional guidance rather than direct contact.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Scientists say that the light at the end of the tunnel is just chemicals in our brains causing us to hallucinate due to trauma; but I think that the fact that something has a scientific or biological explanation doesn't mean that it doesn't have mystical and spiritual meaning. Maybe our spirits really do go outside our bodies, and there is abnormal brain chemistry at the same time. Why not?

As for something looking after us, I think we help create our reality. Incarnation is accumulating and eliminating karma. Whether this is done by some outside force is questionable. I think it just happens because that's how things work. So yes and no.
    Like a metaphysical law?

Visit my Johari:

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Like a metaphysical law?
    Kinda, I guess. I agree with what you said in another thread that there is an underlying order to things. I think that the fundamental laws of nature are (mostly) metaphysically necessary. There are fundamental properties and accidental properties. I don't believe in strict determinism, but I don't think it's all chance either. Everything is in an infinitely intricate system, and the system has a specific way it works; this exists in balance, and balance is good for living things; but there can't be too many living things or else it will throw off the balance of the biosphere (so life is balanced by death). Nature created us, and went to a lot of trouble to do it; I doubt the process would have happened if it was all just random and pointless. That being said, that doesn't mean there is any personification controlling it or any personal attitude in it. It doesn't mean any of us are special. But we are special to ourselves, and to a lot of other people, and so we give our lives meaning. Maybe our karma gives our lives meaning too.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    The original demiurge may possibly be benevolent, but his program has over time been hacked and corrupted by another mind, one bent upon malevolence and the law of the jungle.

Extreme actions must be taken if this treachery is to be undone, now!

The Gods as of now have settled for a contract of hyper-dimensional guidance rather than direct contact.
    Actually, with this post, you helped me finally understand gnosticism. It's an answer to the issue of "if God is benevolent, then how come the world isn't a better place"?

That being said, I'd still prefer not to gamble the only life I am likely to have on something that may not be real.

Visit my Johari: