First 12

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Kinda, I guess. I agree with what you said in another thread that there is an underlying order to things. I think that the fundamental laws of nature are (mostly) metaphysically necessary. There are fundamental properties and accidental properties. I don't believe in strict determinism, but I don't think it's all chance either. Everything is in an infinitely intricate system, and the system has a specific way it works; this exists in balance, and balance is good for living things; but there can't be too many living things or else it will throw off the balance of the biosphere (so life is balanced by death). Nature created us, and went to a lot of trouble to do it; I doubt the process would have happened if it was all just random and pointless. That being said, that doesn't mean there is any personification controlling it or any personal attitude in it. It doesn't mean any of us are special. But we are special to ourselves, and to a lot of other people, and so we give our lives meaning. Maybe our karma gives our lives meaning too.
    I like this. Pantheism explained better than I could. I don't feel it's entirely random and pointless, but I am suspicious of putting too much weight on a spiritual realm outside of what has any hope of being observed by us. I don't think I need to transcend reality, or any of that. I'm not against reality, even if I spend a great deal of it in my own head.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

@greenfairy if Karma is this mighty force so many "great" sages and mystics throughout the ages declare to be, then why did Tim Duncan lose to Lebron James, got all of the wrong bounces in the ending moments? James is a materialistic imbecile, and Duncan is a humble thinker. Clearly Karma (assuming its existence to be real on the fullest level) has gone for the dark side! I ain't letting no Karmic bullshit write my story - I choose to spit against the wind!

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Because bad things happen to good people, and that is as it should be. Bad and good just describe how we feel about learning our karmic lessons.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

It is the student's ultimate destiny to surpass the master.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    It is the student's ultimate destiny to surpass the master.
    Does that mean that we as students of the universe will surpass the laws of nature?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I don't know, I guess you could see it that way if we're talking in logic.
    Whether or not it can be rendered into reality, I can think of no greater life purpose than to perish in attempting the great and the impossible.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I forgot to mention that I prefer to think in terms of expansive horizons rather than confining tunnels.
    If you want to see the light, step out into the sunshine!

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Unfortunately, I sparkle in the sunshine. I'm deep and brooding, but in a totally non-threatening way.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    there is light at the end of the tunnel and light beyond the end of space, shamayim
    "shamayim"?

MBTI
    INTP

My life sucked when I thought there was someone watching out for me. Now I kind of resent the fact that I exist in a cruel, godless universe, but my life has improved drastically in just a few months. It's almost awesome.