User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    This sounds like Grey Seer Thanquol wrote it.
    I see what you're saying. I don't mind, actually kind of makes it more entertaining to read I think.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    In any case if everyone followed these "laws" we would soon be permanently at war (and I don't mean psychologically, but physically).
    I think there would be less physical war, because all of the war would be done psychologically. None of these laws ever advocate physical violence. In fact, I think they are probably quite useful in deterring physical violence.

Anyway I believe some of the "passive" ones are fine (mostly not stepping on very powerful people's shoes, but that's fairly common wisdom), the active ones imply that other people are stupid enough not to see through your act.
    They can all be practiced with varying degrees of subtlety. Could you give an example?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    Well, I don't intend to break law #9 right now, soooooooo... I appreciate your contribution to my thread! Cya around the forum.
    So full of win.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Ah, you're unemployed and reflecting about this in your basement. Then ok, everything's fine.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I think there would be less physical war, because all of the war would be done psychologically. None of these laws ever advocate physical violence. In fact, I think they are probably quite useful in deterring physical violence.
    Okay. What would then anything get done if everyone followed rule 7?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Why are INTPs such suckers for this Machiavellian crap?
    I really am genuinely interested in an answer to this question. It actually seems to be a weakness for the guys more than the girls. It's a bit like their love of PUA - in fact, Greene wrote a PUA manual before he wrote this one. I think this is perhaps why people get the idea that INTPs are amoral.

Is it just that the world of people seems so counter-intuitive and irrational that you are always looking for some system to make sense of it? Don't you have a moral core that instinctively finds this kind of thing repugnant? Do you tune it out or just not have it? (Open to anyone)

I think maybe this is the difference between INTPs with Fi and INTPs without. Other theories?

MBTI
    INTP

Okay. What would then anything get done if everyone followed rule 7?
    You can't follow all the rules all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I really am genuinely interested in an answer to this question. It actually seems to be a weakness for the guys more than the girls. It's a bit like their love of PUA - in fact, Greene wrote a PUA manual before he wrote this one. I think this is perhaps why people get the idea that INTPs are amoral.

Is it just trhat the world of people seems so counte-intuitive and irrational that you are always looking for some system to makes sense of it? Don't you have a moral core that instinctively finds this kind of thing repugnant? Do you tune it out or just not have it? (Open to anyone)

I think maybe this is the difference between INTPs with Fi and INTPs without. Other theories?
    Well, I still believe you are having an unnecessarily strong reaction to this, but the answer is out in the open if you consider what an INTP is. Our extroverted feeling is not highly conscious and we know it (or at least feel the results of it), so we attempt to ramify the situation by learning how naturals do it. I see that as a good thing; should an INTP not focus on developing better people skills? Should we not try to make sense of the world?

I mean, sure, maybe if I were an ExFx or something, I wouldn't particularly feel a need to learn how to be more successful with people. Then again, I don't mind being who I am. As a wise man once said, "the enemy of the great is the good." Having known so intimately what it is like to be lost, it leads me to find maps that could in the end, with effort and slow, steady progress, elevate me even higher than those with natural ability.

I saw it all the time in teaching. A smart-ass kid would think he was too good to do his homework, while a less intelligent one would sometimes recognize the necessity, consistently do their work, and at the end of the year know far more about science than the naturally smarter one.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

You can't follow all the rules all the time.
    Well, then it's a meaningless list, because anyone could always say "this is not the right time to follow this rule" as justification for its lack of validity in that specific context. It may be even worse than astrology in terms of forer effect.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTP

Well, then it's a meaningless list, because anyone could always say "this is not the right time to follow this rule" as justification for its lack of validity in that specific context. It may be even worse than astrology in terms of forer effect.
    Sure, they could say that, but they might be wrong. As I said above, Miley Cyrus has used rule #6 very successfully recently. The action and its result could hardly be more direct. In astrology, that is not the case. Everyone is talking about Miley Cyrus because she spanked a midget. I hit all green lights on my way home because I'm a libra and my horoscope predicted a lucky day. Big difference there. I understand where you're coming from, though, and have thought it myself. Time and continued observation, however, have convinced me that there is actually an art to knowing when and how to use these laws to get fairly predictable results.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Sure, they could say that, but they might be wrong. As I said above, Miley Cyrus has used rule #6 very successfully recently.

Just because you interpret something she did as being similar to what one of those rules say doesn't mean she "used" it. Please stop saying that unless you can quote her saying she read a book. And, it was that one. And, she applied it strategically and successfully.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery