User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you find the video funny or creepy?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Creepy, absolutely. Nothing funny about it.

1 11.11%
  • I thought it was funny and creepy.

5 55.56%
  • I thought it was funny. No harm done.

3 33.33%
  • I thought it was funny at first.. but now I think it's creepy.

0 0%
12 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Default Funny or creepy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dgy3...&feature=share

I don't want a big crisis on whether it's sexism, male entitlement, just jokes with people that have no humor, etc. There are plenty of threads with that already.

I just want to know if YOU, personally, feel any bit of this video is funny in any way. If you do, please explain why, but if anyone replies to the explanation and degrades this into an "Omg you're an awful person for laughing at this" moment, I'll just have the thread deleted.

If you found it creepy, you can post why and explain, or concur with people, or ask questions, etc. But don't attack the views others have, because I actually want responses plz.

(Back story: A friend posted this on facebook, and while he thought it was amusing TWICE... I thought it was absolutely creepy. Like, it startled me watching it.. and then the way she looked after made me cringe. And I thought.. If one of my friends had done this to me, I would have laughed it off.. but a stranger? I would have punched the guy. I couldn't understand the humor in it at all. No one was laughing..)
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Okay, I'm hunched over laughing in my seat. It's just the unexpectedness of it that's funny, as well as the easy recognition of Jack Sparrow as being a sort of crude, hypersexualized, mischievous but well-intentioned and ultimately good-hearted character. The incongruity of him in a reporting stint on Breaking Bad fans is amusing. Obviously he got uncomfortably close, but that's part of the typical behavior of the character, and no further harm was threatened. It's just someone in a costume being silly. And yelling "parley" when he gets pulled away is funny too because of the usage in the movies. It's also sort of amusing that she just goes right back into the reporting persona. Like... clearly the 4th wall has been broken. There's not really any purpose in finishing up the script at that point. It's also sort of funny that she's reporting on something pretty trivial and is pretty uptight about the whole situation.

It's fake, anyway.

Brooks is actually actor Kristin Sargent and the video was made by Jess Weber of Weberz Way.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I laughed for sure. Harder the second time.

I totally think if it happened to me I'd feel instantly creeped out, but looking back I'm sure I'd find it hilarious.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

The guy was playing the character without malicious intent, but the timing was bad and an approach from behind was a terrible idea.

Neither funny nor creepy, I just found it awkward. I suppose one can get a schadenfreude feeling out of watching the inoportune guy getting kicked out of the scene. A mild poetic justice, if you will.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I should mention I failed on the poll and meant to have 6 results for "neither" and "creepy, then funny"..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i didn't think it was either really. :/

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Hilarious, actually.

And Hollywood Blvd is full of costumed characters like that, so given the context, it makes sense. This guy probably really likes to stay in character.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Stansmith

Dumb.

Boring
    I really like cats and food.