• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The "Light" People and Karmic Cycle (Age Regression)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Edward was an etype 8.
Oh yeah? What would you say his mbti is?
I like his style if writing. It's easy for my bouncy brain to follow. Haha

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh yeah? What would you say his mbti is?
I like his style if writing. It's easy for my bouncy brain to follow. Haha

Probably ESTJ. Not enough info to go on.

W

WALMART

Let's consider this small section from WE ARE NOT THE FIRST:

The Voynich Manuscript contains well over two hundred and fifty pages about the format of the book you are reading. On most of the pages there are diagrams in colour with captions. There are also thirty-three pages of text. In the opinion of Professor Newbold, the parchment, the ink and the style of the drawings indicate the 13th century as the time of origin. Other experts think it was written around 1500.

The document is devoted to botanical, astronomical, biological and pharmaceutical subjects. There are charts depicting cross sections 0f leaves and roots which could only have been observed with a microscope, but the microscope was not invented until the 17th century. One illustration shows a spiral with eight legs, a cloudy mass with stars in the centre, and some writing in it. The legend, deciphered by Newbold, reads that the object is within a triangle formed 'by the navel of Pegasus, the girdle of Andromeda and the head of Cassiopea'. This chart, therefore may refer to the Andromeda Galaxy which is invisible as a spiral without a strong telescope.

In studying this chart during the twenties Professor Eric Doolittle of the University of Pennsylvania made a remark that 'in my opinion it unquestionably represented a nebula and that the man who drew it must have had a telescope.' But if he did not have a telescope, how could the author have observed the Andromeda Galaxy long before the invention of his instrument? And how could he have studied cross sections of plants without a microscope?​

It just so happens that The Voynich Manuscript contains random drawings from a fraud who lived during the Middle Ages. But how can you dispute the professor's opinion as such? He's not trying to represent the truth of the matter here.

I am not sure if this has any direction to it, and if it does, I'm unable to determine where it is.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you for bringing that manuscipt to my attention, as I have not heard of it, and it is very interesting. I do think there is something really interesting thing behind it, but my go-to spot is not ancient aliens. None of this "evidence" is the smoking gun it is made out to be.

I suppose that it's possible that it could mean aliens gave that information to the person who wrote the manuscript. But a lot of things are possible. Just because something is possible doesn't mean they are true. Possibilities are awesome, but they are not the same thing as facts, evidence, or logic.

I think it's more interesting if humans built the pyramids anyway.

Lark

Thank you for bringing that manuscipt to my attention, as I have not heard of it, and it is very interesting. I do think there is something really interesting thing behind it, but my go-to spot is not ancient aliens. None of this "evidence" is the smoking gun it is made out to be.

I suppose that it's possible that it could mean aliens gave that information to the person who wrote the manuscript. But a lot of things are possible. Just because something is possible doesn't mean they are true. Possibilities are awesome, but they are not the same thing as facts, evidence, or logic.

I think it's more interesting if humans built the pyramids anyway.

Probablity and likelihood being different.

Yes, I think its more interesting if they built the pyramids too, I dont think that the extraterrestrial theories or interdimensional theories are as interesting as the more mundane but still extraordinary civilisation #1 theories or even the archeological evidence for forgotten or lost technologies, such as the Greeks having created mechanical computational devices like some sort of steam punk laptops which were lost because of war.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Probablity and likelihood being different.

Yes, I think its more interesting if they built the pyramids too, I dont think that the extraterrestrial theories or interdimensional theories are as interesting as the more mundane but still extraordinary civilisation #1 theories or even the archeological evidence for forgotten or lost technologies, such as the Greeks having created mechanical computational devices like some sort of steam punk laptops which were lost because of war.

Ooooh, like the Antikythera mechanism? Yeah, it's hella lame if aliens gave that to them.

Lark

Ooooh, like the Antikythera mechanism? Yeah, it's hella lame if aliens gave that to them.

Yeah, that's a very good piece of history there, amazing too because it shows how ignorance and innovation can be combined, it is a very accurate device but assumes a geocentric cosmos and other things which only make sense really if you understand the Greek polytheist belief system. I think every age is like that but if something like this had survived and been atypical or mass produced you're looking at the possibility of the agricultural revolutions of much later epochs, even a kind of industrialism kicked off much, much in advance of when it did.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Reading the Wiki article on this: it may have taken years of painstaking construction, and then it was lost in a matter of months. :(

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hello Mal,

I thought you had shared an excerpt on a science fiction book. I've since read the posts that followed and have come to the conclusion that I was hasty. It did not occur to me that the author "believes" this to be real. I liked it better when I thought it was the prologue to a book about an alien civilization.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Probably ESTJ. Not enough info to go on.

Hey I just realized you weren't talking about the author here. I meant to ask about Bruce Goldberg.