User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: What is life?

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Ah there you are, grand, that other post made me think of you.
    Yes, I saw that. I think Bubble has similar interests, goes very much into detail like I do. His/her posts though on the whole seem very well outlined, whereas mine are a bit more random.

  2. #22

    Default

    Of the people who said it was a journey etc. what is the destination? Is it a means to an end or an end in itself? How do you know these things or how have you reached those conclusions? Is there a concept of transcendence involved or linked to life? Either personal/spiritual or cultural, religious or entirely materialistic?

    I mean is life a manner or matter of being a "link in a chain" between past and future? Does life progress or regress or follow any pattern (like the seasons or a linear progressive growth)? Do you think of it in an individual, collective/community or species, eco-systemic or cosmic sense?

    (that's all before the question of necrophilious vs. biophilious thinking, psychology, typology or philosophy enters into it)

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Yes, I saw that. I think Bubble has similar interests, goes very much into detail like I do. His/her posts though on the whole seem very well outlined, whereas mine are a bit more random.
    The devil's in the detail I suppose

  4. #24
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    You're not funny, you're just rude.

    And maybe your depression will kill you.

  5. #25
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Of the people who said it was a journey etc. what is the destination? Is it a means to an end or an end in itself? How do you know these things or how have you reached those conclusions? Is there a concept of transcendence involved or linked to life? Either personal/spiritual or cultural, religious or entirely materialistic?

    I mean is life a manner or matter of being a "link in a chain" between past and future? Does life progress or regress or follow any pattern (like the seasons or a linear progressive growth)? Do you think of it in an individual, collective/community or species, eco-systemic or cosmic sense?

    (that's all before the question of necrophilious vs. biophilious thinking, psychology, typology or philosophy enters into it)
    You never get it all done. We all die with stuff in our inbox. It's not about the end. It's about the process.

    You are eternal.

    It is eternal.

    There is no end.

    Expansion never ends.

    The light and the vessel never cease.

    I have experienced this, therefore know this to be true for me, through meditation and raising my conciousness.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

    Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

  6. #26
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I agree very much with this quote - the journey is an exploration of being, especially of its nature, depth, variety, and possibilities. The vision, inspired by poetic imagination and established in logic, was as if that of a new world!
    Yea, I think I have read some of your stuff... and remember thinking the same thing.

    I think I had a different belief in God though than what you had written, so I didn't delve too much into it. I'll have to read some more to make sure it was you.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

    Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

  7. #27
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    I see life as an adventure and an opportunity to foster love. I don't really know where life came from or where it's going, though I enjoy speculating from time to time. I find joy and meaning in warmth and caring and helping others stoke their inner fires, so that's what I try to devote my time and energy to, even though I stray sometimes. I try to take care of the people who have helped me grow and prosper and who have formed loving bonds with me. I try to greet new discoveries with excitement and I cherish my memories of what I have loved that has passed away with time.

    Maybe a surprisingly simplistic answer for a Ne dom, devoid of great swathes of cosmic thought. I enjoy thinking about the universe that way but the truth is that I do not know the truth.

    I do think all life has many, many cyclical patterns within it, but I also think that is just the nature of everything. All is order and chaos. Though also... I think our perception of timespace is probably quite limited. I am hoping that with death comes a retention of consciousness and a broadening of perspective.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    Yea, I think I have read some of your stuff... and remember thinking the same thing.

    I think I had a different belief in God though than what you had written, so I didn't delve too much into it. I'll have to read some more to make sure it was you.
    I don't really "believe" anything about God - that's an infinite question. Still, it's good to see a widespread interest in the ideologies I have promoted.

  9. #29
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529
    Life is DNA and is four billion years old.

  10. #30
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I don't really "believe" anything about God - that's an infinite question. Still, it's good to see a widespread interest in the ideologies I have promoted.


    I couldn't remember which one of those in your signature I started to read. But I looked at it and it's under "The universe as best as Ene can currently understand them"

    But what I shoulda said before was when I started to read Ene's description...I fully agreed with everything until I got to the part about The Beautiful One. That's where I kinda go in a different direction.



    What do you mean "I don't really "believe" anything about God - that's an infinite question."??

    I'd like to clarify as well...my definition of God is more along the lines of Source. In the sense that...it's like an ocean...everything comes from it and goes back into it kinda thing
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

    Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Similar Threads

  1. What is life, really?
    By ThaumaturgicTheorist in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-05-2016, 11:06 AM
  2. What is life?
    By NewEra in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 07:24 PM
  3. What is Life to you?
    By Nonsensical in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 05:02 AM
  4. What is the definition of life?
    By Qre:us in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-21-2009, 08:49 AM
  5. The Story of Your Life: What is the Title?
    By Synarch in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 05:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO