User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 65

  1. #1
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,265

    Default It's hopeless...:(

    There is nothing but pain, misery, sadness, and suffering in the world. In all honesty, and I can say this after observation, things will never improve--rather, they will worsen. Life has no meaning, and there is no reason to pursue meaning. All that man endeavors to do is futile in the eyes of the universe. Man toils all day in the hot sun, just to return to dust the following night. The universe will eventually end, and there will be no record of any of us.

    Does anybody care about any of this?

    They don't.

    Humans would rather be cruel to each other and injure each other than aid each other. This planet is nothing but a boiling cesspool of crime and villainy, there are no redeeming qualities. All that awaits humankind is a black pit of nothingness. Why even care about anything?

    I have spent my life in so much pain, and I am truly aware that it has been in vain.

    All hope is lost...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan

  2. #2
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,859

    Default

    Hmm...

    I can relate to all that you wrote.
    But...

    Sometimes
    You see something so ineffably beautiful, it makes you stop and catch your breath
    Or you meet someone who feels right to you, and your soul feels healed, if only for a moment
    Or someone does something nice when you expected to be kicked in the face and you’re so touched you feel reborn
    Sometimes you see a child and remember that they are not cynical or jaded
    And you feel a need to protect that in them and yourself
    Sometimes feeling deep despair can be a gift if it lets you see the contrasts in their pure form
    So hang in there.

  3. #3
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    There is nothing but pain, misery, sadness, and suffering in the world.
    So you've NEVER been happy in your life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    In all honesty, and I can say this after observation, things will never improve--rather, they will worsen.
    You don't know that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Life has no meaning
    Make up your own meaning. It's not hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    There is no reason to pursue meaning.
    Sure there is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    All that man endeavors to do is futile in the eyes of the universe. Man toils all day in the hot sun, just to return to dust the following night.
    It's the ride that is important, not the destination. : )

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    The universe will eventually end, and there will be no record of any of us.
    So what?


    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Does anybody care about any of this?

    They don't.
    They do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Humans would rather be cruel to each other and injure each other than aid each other.
    As a whole it may seem that way. But it's not true for every. Single. Human. Come on man.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    This planet is nothing but a boiling cesspool of crime and villainy, there are no redeeming qualities.
    You're showing some redeeming qualities right now brah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    All that awaits humankind is a black pit of nothingness. Why even care about anything?
    For teh lulz?

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I have spent my life in so much pain, and I am truly aware that it has been in vain.

    All hope is lost...
    Don't kill yourself brah.

  4. #4
    girl with a pretty smile Honor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    So you've NEVER been happy in your life?



    You don't know that.



    Make up your own meaning. It's not hard.



    Sure there is.



    It's the ride that is important, not the destination. : )



    So what?




    They do.



    As a whole it may seem that way. But it's not true for every. Single. Human. Come on man.



    You're showing some redeeming qualities right now brah.



    For teh lulz?



    Don't kill yourself brah.
    Preach, brother.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

    thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

  5. #5
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    Hmm...

    I can relate to all that you wrote.
    But...

    Sometimes
    You see something so ineffably beautiful, it makes you stop and catch your breath
    Or you meet someone who feels right to you, and your soul feels healed, if only for a moment
    Or someone does something nice when you expected to be kicked in the face and you’re so touched you feel reborn
    Sometimes you see a child and remember that they are not cynical or jaded
    And you feel a need to protect that in them and yourself
    Sometimes feeling deep despair can be a gift if it lets you see the contrasts in their pure form
    So hang in there.

    I suppose you are right, but I've heard that general message so many times...
    I've often wondered if it is really true...

    I fear death and endings, though I have experienced many of them over the course of just a few years.
    Knowledge is a horrible curse that I would not wish on anybody, and I will agree that ignorance is bliss.
    I wish I didn't know as much as I do, it ruins plenty of things.

    Happiness appears to be a result of ignorance. A society on the brink of unavoidable collapse would be best off without knowledge of their own doom, wouldn't you agree?

    It's been a long time since I've been happy. I am usually either numb or in pain. I've been this way for several years.
    The closest thing I've felt to happiness was a couple weeks ago when I left my house and spent a little time with a girl from school I've been speaking with. That was closer to a day of contentment, though...numbness mixed with a glint of what may have been happiness...

    It doesn't take long to sink back deep into the deep dark pit of depression, though...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan

  6. #6
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,028

    Default

    I don't think happiness requires ignorance at all. Illumination can bring happiness. Illumination is the opposite of ignorance. I I actually don't feel that the universe is meaningless. There is an order to the universe, even if none of us can ever see all the parts.

    I'm also glad my life ends. It's a reminder that I gotta make things count. As for global disaster, well, that remains to be seen, although I know what you are getting at. But I also bear in mind that the world has been ending for millenia, now. And even if people aren't off, perhaps it's not a collapse, but a transformation.

    Also, there's humor. Why must everything be taken so seriously? Hint... it doesn't have to be.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  7. #7
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Why must everything be taken so seriously? Hint... it doesn't have to be.

  8. #8
    Infinite Bubble
    Guest

    Default


    When I come across a problem, I like to say to myself, "it's only life", and try to get on with it. If you strip back its entire essence, you figure out that the only logical thing to do is enjoy yourself. Demote its importance a little.

    And never forget that it's all in the mind. Emotions are just chemicals, and they're inside your brain. You can take control.

  9. #9
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post

    When I come across a problem, I like to say to myself, "it's only life", and try to get on with it. If you strip back its entire essence, you figure out that the only logical thing to do is enjoy yourself. Demote its importance a little.

    And never forget that it's all in the mind. Emotions are just chemicals, and they're inside your brain. You can take control.
    That has felt depressing to me, too...

    If we are only chemicals, what is our significance?
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan

  10. #10
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,771

    Default

    there is no known significance

Similar Threads

  1. Can I please have help? I'm hopeless when it comes to typing
    By RooibosKrayfish in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2017, 09:16 AM
  2. it's just li'l ol' me
    By Ivy in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-05-2016, 09:01 PM
  3. It's about damn time!
    By Rajah in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 03:12 AM
  4. It's Tara
    By targobelle in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 11:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO