• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It's hopeless...:(

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There is nothing but pain, misery, sadness, and suffering in the world. In all honesty, and I can say this after observation, things will never improve--rather, they will worsen. Life has no meaning, and there is no reason to pursue meaning. All that man endeavors to do is futile in the eyes of the universe. Man toils all day in the hot sun, just to return to dust the following night. The universe will eventually end, and there will be no record of any of us.

Does anybody care about any of this?

They don't.

Humans would rather be cruel to each other and injure each other than aid each other. This planet is nothing but a boiling cesspool of crime and villainy, there are no redeeming qualities. All that awaits humankind is a black pit of nothingness. Why even care about anything?

I have spent my life in so much pain, and I am truly aware that it has been in vain.

All hope is lost...

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Hmm...

I can relate to all that you wrote.
But...

Sometimes
You see something so ineffably beautiful, it makes you stop and catch your breath
Or you meet someone who feels right to you, and your soul feels healed, if only for a moment
Or someone does something nice when you expected to be kicked in the face and you’re so touched you feel reborn
Sometimes you see a child and remember that they are not cynical or jaded
And you feel a need to protect that in them and yourself
Sometimes feeling deep despair can be a gift if it lets you see the contrasts in their pure form
So hang in there.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

There is nothing but pain, misery, sadness, and suffering in the world.

So you've NEVER been happy in your life?

In all honesty, and I can say this after observation, things will never improve--rather, they will worsen.

You don't know that.

Life has no meaning

Make up your own meaning. It's not hard.

There is no reason to pursue meaning.

Sure there is.

All that man endeavors to do is futile in the eyes of the universe. Man toils all day in the hot sun, just to return to dust the following night.

It's the ride that is important, not the destination. : )

The universe will eventually end, and there will be no record of any of us.

So what?

Does anybody care about any of this?

They don't.

They do.

Humans would rather be cruel to each other and injure each other than aid each other.

As a whole it may seem that way. But it's not true for every. Single. Human. Come on man.

This planet is nothing but a boiling cesspool of crime and villainy, there are no redeeming qualities.

You're showing some redeeming qualities right now brah.

All that awaits humankind is a black pit of nothingness. Why even care about anything?

For teh lulz?

I have spent my life in so much pain, and I am truly aware that it has been in vain.

All hope is lost...

Don't kill yourself brah.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
So you've NEVER been happy in your life?

You don't know that.

Make up your own meaning. It's not hard.

Sure there is.

It's the ride that is important, not the destination. : )

So what?

They do.

As a whole it may seem that way. But it's not true for every. Single. Human. Come on man.

You're showing some redeeming qualities right now brah.

For teh lulz?

Don't kill yourself brah.
Preach, brother.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmm...

I can relate to all that you wrote.
But...

Sometimes
You see something so ineffably beautiful, it makes you stop and catch your breath
Or you meet someone who feels right to you, and your soul feels healed, if only for a moment
Or someone does something nice when you expected to be kicked in the face and you’re so touched you feel reborn
Sometimes you see a child and remember that they are not cynical or jaded
And you feel a need to protect that in them and yourself
Sometimes feeling deep despair can be a gift if it lets you see the contrasts in their pure form
So hang in there.

:sorry:
I suppose you are right, but I've heard that general message so many times...
I've often wondered if it is really true...

I fear death and endings, though I have experienced many of them over the course of just a few years.
Knowledge is a horrible curse that I would not wish on anybody, and I will agree that ignorance is bliss.
I wish I didn't know as much as I do, it ruins plenty of things.

Happiness appears to be a result of ignorance. A society on the brink of unavoidable collapse would be best off without knowledge of their own doom, wouldn't you agree?

It's been a long time since I've been happy. I am usually either numb or in pain. I've been this way for several years.
The closest thing I've felt to happiness was a couple weeks ago when I left my house and spent a little time with a girl from school I've been speaking with. That was closer to a day of contentment, though...numbness mixed with a glint of what may have been happiness...

It doesn't take long to sink back deep into the deep dark pit of depression, though...

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think happiness requires ignorance at all. Illumination can bring happiness. Illumination is the opposite of ignorance. I I actually don't feel that the universe is meaningless. There is an order to the universe, even if none of us can ever see all the parts.

I'm also glad my life ends. It's a reminder that I gotta make things count. As for global disaster, well, that remains to be seen, although I know what you are getting at. But I also bear in mind that the world has been ending for millenia, now. And even if people aren't off, perhaps it's not a collapse, but a transformation.

Also, there's humor. Why must everything be taken so seriously? Hint... it doesn't have to be.

I

Infinite Bubble

When I come across a problem, I like to say to myself, "it's only life", and try to get on with it. If you strip back its entire essence, you figure out that the only logical thing to do is enjoy yourself. Demote its importance a little.

And never forget that it's all in the mind. Emotions are just chemicals, and they're inside your brain. You can take control.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

When I come across a problem, I like to say to myself, "it's only life", and try to get on with it. If you strip back its entire essence, you figure out that the only logical thing to do is enjoy yourself. Demote its importance a little.

And never forget that it's all in the mind. Emotions are just chemicals, and they're inside your brain. You can take control.

That has felt depressing to me, too...

If we are only chemicals, what is our significance?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That has felt depressing to me, too...

If we are only chemicals, what is our significance?

Isn't there something amazing about that? Maybe it's typological, but there's almost something magical about that to me. Think of individual cells... they all have their own tasks, their own mission, but somehow they work together, to the extent that they create an entity called a person. To me, that almost does suggest something greater at work.

What would our significance be if we weren't chemicals, and we did actually have souls? A soul just transports all meaning to after our death, which we can't see. I prefer to create meanings I can see, or at least verify for myself. I mean, transmissions of ideas, when people communicate and actually get through to each other, that's pretty meaningful. The odds seem like they would be against it, given all the chemicals at play, and yet, it happens.

Motherfucking miracles.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Isn't there something amazing about that? Maybe it's typological, but there's almost something magical about that to me. Think of individual cells... they all have their own tasks, their own mission, but somehow they work together, to the extent that they create an entity called a person. To me, that almost does suggest something greater at work.

What would our significance be if we weren't chemicals, and we did actually have souls? A soul just transports all meaning to after our death, which we can't see. I prefer to create meanings I can see, or at least verify for myself. I mean, transmissions of ideas, when people communicate and actually get through to each other, that's pretty meaningful. The odds seem like they would be against it, given all the chemicals at play, and yet, it happens.

Motherfucking miracles.

Looking at it that way makes it seem better...
I think the only way I could feel a little better is if I became at least slightly famous for something beautiful...
I want to be mentioned in history books...
Is that vain?

Mole

Permabanned
There is nothing but pain, misery, sadness, and suffering in the world.

Rather than psychotically projecting your pain, misery, sadness and suffering onto the world, why not find a good therapist who will listen to your personal pain, misery and suffering?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Rather than psychotically projecting your pain, misery, sadness and suffering onto the world, why not find a good therapist who will listen to your personal pain, misery and suffering?

I have, but my pain is indomitable...
My core is sadness and pain...

Mole

Permabanned
I have, but my pain is indomitable...
My core is sadness and pain...

I understand you are 17 years of age and you say you have found a good therapist who has listened to your pain and suffering but it has made no difference.

Frankly, I don't find this story credible.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I understand you are 17 years of age and you say you have found a good therapist who has listened to your pain and suffering but it has made no difference.

Frankly, I don't find this story credible.

I've talked to people, social workers, the few friends I have...
But the core problem stems from being too aware of the world...
I see and hear too much and it really hurts my soul...

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Motherfucking miracles.

youre-goddamn-right-gif.gif

Mole

Permabanned
I've talked to people, social workers, the few friends I have...
But the core problem stems from being too aware of the world...
I see and hear too much and it really hurts my soul...

I myself have a high response to stimulae, and I have found a way to modulate my response.

And I found a way to modulate my high response to stimulae in a book called, "Relief Without Drugs", by Ainslie Mears.

Dr Mears teaches a form of relaxation that takes us progressively out into the world while remaining relaxed.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I myself have a high response to stimulae, and I have found a way to modulate my response.

And I found a way to modulate my high response to stimulae in a book called, "Relief Without Drugs", by Ainslie Mears.

Dr Mears teaches a form of relaxation that takes us progressively out into the world while remaining relaxed.

I'll need to try it...