First 12345 Last

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Rather than psychotically projecting your pain, misery, sadness and suffering onto the world, why not find a good therapist who will listen to your personal pain, misery and suffering?
    What the hell is psychotic about it? Maybe he just makes you uncomfortable because you'd rather not think about what he's talking about at all. People having feelings other than happiness and expressing them in ways other than shitty poetry is not psychotic.

"'I'm sorry, I can't be bothered... you should tell this to someone you're paying to listen to you." That's a really shitty thing to say to someone. It's just a compassionate way of saying "Fuck off, I don't want to hear it." You're pissing on his leg and telling him it's rain.

So much for people opening up and sharing in the tribal audile-tactile world after the implosion of the Gutenberg Galaxy.

Maybe, just maybe, it's not pathologically but he's grappling with actual philosophical issues that he's going to need to find answers. Either that, or he's not doing enough satisfying things, or is pursuing something at odds with who he is. Paying someone to listen isn't going to help with any of that.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    What the hell is psychotic about it? Maybe he just makes you uncomfortable because you'd rather not think about what he's talking about at all. People having feelings other than happiness and expressing them in ways other than shitty poetry is not psychotic.

"'I'm sorry, I can't be bothered... you should tell this to someone you're paying to listen to you." That's a really shitty thing to say to someone. It's just a compassionate way of saying "Fuck off, I don't want to hear it." You're pissing on his leg and telling him it's rain.

So much for people opening up and sharing in the tribal audile-tactile world after the implosion of the Gutenberg Galaxy.

Maybe, just maybe, it's not pathologically but he's grappling with actual philosophical issues that he's going to need to find answers. Either that, or he's not doing enough satisfying things, or is pursuing something at odds with who he is. Paying someone to listen isn't going to help with any of that.
    Thank you…
    I felt that same sentiment, but was afraid to throw it out there…
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post

We've got a choice: we can continue to project or we can examine ourselves.

And a trained psychotherapist helps us to stop blaming others and to examine ourselves.

And compare what else we would spend the money on - psychotherapy comes out on top.

But of course it's not the money, it's fear of letting go of our parents and looking after ourselves.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

@Magic Qwan

You're not alone in being trapped in that pov. Many people wrestle with that feeling in their lives. Ime, it requires being at peace with being a mortal being and being at peace with the fact that we all are continuously growing. And growth often is forged through pain. Death, pain and suffering all have their very vital roles to play in the world. Without pain, we would not know that change is required. Without suffering, we would not know how to empathise and relate to others in pain and help each other overcome it. And without death, we would not feel the need to act now, seize the moment and become the most amazing individuals.

It is often in the smallest tasks that we find the most joy. It seems like you feel the despair and pressure of a man faced with an impossible mountain to climb. But no one is forcing you to climb that mountain, or do it in one go. That is the beauty of life; you choose your own mountains to climb. On top of that, NO ONE is expecting you climb that mountain perfectly, or to go for the tallest one ever. Except for yourself. You are robbing yourself of the joy of life by putting such impossible demands on yourself, as often life becomes a lot more enjoyable when you approach it with the playfulness of a child. People underestimate the seriousness of playing. There is a reason that every young animal 'plays'. There is no better substitute nor a more efficient way to learn about life. And learning is what helps us grow, helps us overcome the pain we feel.

Curiosity and an open mind are our best friends, our best tools to face the challenges life has to offer and to see them actually as challenges instead of insurmountable obstacles, and to derive pleasure and satisfaction from meeting them head on and solve those puzzles. Meanwhile, anxiety, together with despair and perfectionism (often causing the individual to put extreme performance pressure on themselves) causes nothing but analysis paralysis and get you no where. There is no need to be that hard on yourself, or take life *that* seriously. Think of one of your favorite games to play and *realize* how often you fail and redo a stage, how much fun it is to learn how to beat a stage, and how easy it is for you to figure out how to thrive in that game's world as you have no real fear of facing it; it is only a game. Now realize that life is just the same, only on a larger scale

So, stop worrying about your legacy and start smelling the roses. I guarantee you that that legacy will be built as you play along your road. Be curious about life as it is now, follow your fancies, follow your passion. Don't worry about what you 'should' still do or accomplish, just be curious and open to learn. And remember that true mastery and legacy comes from the playfulness of a child, with all the mistakes and puttering and circle running that goes with it. Relish in making mistakes as they will teach you a lot more about life than your anxiety and sadness ever could. It'll help you figure out that puzzl e of life and build that legacy, seemingly without effort, as you continue down the road to smell the roses and explore what this journey has to offer.

And when death comes, as that is the goal for all who walk this earth, take solace in the fact that it is a destination where you will meet all your beloved ones once more. You won't be alone. Nor will you fear it after having explored all that life has to offer and after having left your footprints in the sand everywhere. You will be ready to greet Death as an old friend, there to take you on your next journey.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

quit watching the news and go do some parkour with your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    There is nothing but pain, misery, sadness, and suffering in the world. In all honesty, and I can say this after observation, things will never improve--rather, they will worsen. Life has no meaning, and there is no reason to pursue meaning. All that man endeavors to do is futile in the eyes of the universe. Man toils all day in the hot sun, just to return to dust the following night. The universe will eventually end, and there will be no record of any of us.

Does anybody care about any of this?

They don't.

Humans would rather be cruel to each other and injure each other than aid each other. This planet is nothing but a boiling cesspool of crime and villainy, there are no redeeming qualities. All that awaits humankind is a black pit of nothingness. Why even care about anything?

I have spent my life in so much pain, and I am truly aware that it has been in vain.

All hope is lost...
    I experienced the same... And these thougths gave me nothing, but pannic and anxiety disorder. It took me such a long time to get rid of the exact same thoughts as yours. But after months and months of living with these thougths and experiences new and new panic attacks, that came out from these realisations of nothigness and meaningless of everything I realise one thing. If life would be really just a suffering and nothing more, how is it possible, that others look so happy? And they are actually able to feel joy... We can see just the meaningless, or we can be happy just because the sun is shinning and weather is nice, and so if we are able too see something bad in regular things, we are also able to see the beauty of the ordinary things. Everything is just your choice, your angle of looking at bright, or the dark side. Nothing is good, or bad. Everything is bad and also good, it's your choice what side you want to see. Life is suffering and pain, life is love and joy, life is family and friends, life is enemies and idiots, life is stupid, life if ineteling... Someone die, someone get born... Life is full of opposites, it will never be perfect, but it can be wather you want it to be. Everything is in your hands...The ultimate meaning of our existence...Yeah this is the thing that from time to time give me one tinkle of panic, but then... If there is no ultimate meaning for everything at least I can create a meaning for my own self...I know I will die, everyone is going to die, but at least the time before I die I can enjoy as fuck!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

There is nothing but pain, misery, sadness, and suffering in the world. In all honesty, and I can say this after observation, things will never improve--rather, they will worsen. Life has no meaning, and there is no reason to pursue meaning. All that man endeavors to do is futile in the eyes of the universe. Man toils all day in the hot sun, just to return to dust the following night. The universe will eventually end, and there will be no record of any of us.

Does anybody care about any of this?

They don't.

Humans would rather be cruel to each other and injure each other than aid each other. This planet is nothing but a boiling cesspool of crime and villainy, there are no redeeming qualities. All that awaits humankind is a black pit of nothingness. Why even care about anything?

I have spent my life in so much pain, and I am truly aware that it has been in vain.

All hope is lost...

Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the Horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Infinite Bubble

That has felt depressing to me, too...

If we are only chemicals, what is our significance?
    Heh, I thought you may react in that way.

There is no significance. Social conditioning leads us to believe that there is. Existential despair comes from a realization that this is false, and being uncomfortable with that knowledge.

What's the big deal with being significant anyway? If we were, we'd have to live up to something - there'd always be pressure. But there isn't, so we can live a relatively peaceful existence.

And what do you mean only chemicals? It's a marvelously complex and beautiful mechanism; stars in the early universe blew up and their insides are what your very being is made of! We're all children of the stars. There's something humbling to recognise that too.

Many people feel bad for being so small and insignificant in comparison to the rest of the cosmos, but I think that comes from a disconnection between the self and the universe. But there is no disconnection - we are the universe, and the universe is us, it's all the same thing.

When I said "just chemicals", I meant it in a different context; that emotions aren't that big of a deal, just a natural bodily process, and that because of this, the result of them occurring can change, e.i the process can change merely with your very own thoughts. You can choose to see the bad in the widest expanses, or the good in the tiniest details, if you want to. You may as well pick the latter, because there's no right answer anyway.

oh! I realize one thing! Everytime when I feel extremly hopless and meaningless what always somehow chears me up is... We all 7billion people on this plenet are in this meaningless shit togther. And everyone no metter how rich, poor, important... everyone has to deal with the universe and meaning/not meaning just as much as we do. So you're not alone, I am not alone...At least we are in it with other 7 billion people

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Whenever I feel hopeless something paradoxical happens: I have this surge of joy.
    I don’t know why, but those times when I have felt totally without hope, with in a day or so, it breaks and I feel much better.
    I think the trick is not to drink or drug it when you feel down, Just feel it, all the way to the bottom. Then you float back up.
    I can’t explain it. But I wouldn't know about it if I numbed out all of the time, which I used to do (I have problems, if you must know lol).