User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    However you look at it extremes never work out, from one degree to another.
    This might be worthy of a thread all by itself.

Why do you think that is? That extremes never work out?

I have my own view of why that may be but I'll state it after hearing others.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Extremists seizing power is not exceptional; it's the rule.

The best lack all conviction, while the worst / Are full of passionate intensity

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    This is utter nonsense. I lived in Norway for the best part of a year. I have no idea what you are talking about. Nor would Anders Breivik recognise your vision of that country. He waged a one man war on that nation's youth because he was disgusted by the tolerance of his own countrymen. Much like the OP.
    The far-right populist anti-immigration Fremskrittspartiet has just won the elections in Norway, and will form a government in alliance with the conservatives.

Breivik was a member of the FrP during ten years.

So it's a proof that:

(1) Yes, there is an issue with nationalism in Norway, and a big one I'd say...

(2) Women can be as vicious, ruthless and hateful than men, since the FrP and the conservative party are dominated by women leaders in Norway. While curiously, men tend rather to side with the left. Strange as it seems.

Other times, other manners...
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    The far-right populist anti-immigration Fremskrittspartiet has just won the elections in Norway, and will form a government in alliance with the conservatives.

Breivik was a member of the FrP during ten years.

So it's a proof that:

(1) Yes, there is an issue with nationalism in Norway, and a big one I'd say...

(2) Women can be as vicious, ruthless and hateful than men, since the FrP and the conservative party are dominated by women leaders in Norway. While curiously, men tend rather to side with the left. Strange as it seems.
    Don't forget Margaret Thatcher!

Maybe we can have Sarah Palin be our first woman president.

How's that for ideological framework scrambling?
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Don't forget Margaret Thatcher!

Maybe we can have Sarah Palin be our first woman president.

How's that for ideological framework scrambling?
    And even if Hayek was the main actor in Thatcher's thinking Rand does a good line in the pseudo-fascism too.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Why would you lie about something so easily refuted? After calling someone else out for making exactly the same kind of bullshit claim? Tsk tsk.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24014551

(2) Women can be as vicious, ruthless and hateful than men,
    well, duh
    Not sure what that has to do with the price of fish though...
    Try to stay focused on the topic.

Meanwhile, wtf is happening in Athens?

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Seems OP had been eating monkey brainz.
    What dafuk does that mean, lol?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    My ideal of government is something along the lines of a more tradional aristocracy. Aristcoracy is the opposite of democracy, in that leaders simply are not elected but attain government positions through birthright, or divine right.
    Unless you are a member of the aristocracy, why would you support that system of government? Do you not like to think for yourself and make your own decisions?

The problem with divine right is that it's always enforced with arms. Rarely do you see a family's dynasty last even 200 years, it's always overthrown by force by a more powerful faction. Then that faction claims divine right, but it's always maintained by force acquired in the temporal sphere, kind of contradicting the idea of divine right.

The truth is, under certain conditions ALL forms of government can become totalitarian. It's not simply a problem with democracy.
    "In Heaven, everything is fine." - The Lady in the Radiator

Quote Originally Posted by taylord View Post
    Unless you are a member of the aristocracy, why would you support that system of government? Do you not like to think for yourself and make your own decisions?
    I think that even under aristocracy, the poor are probably better off than in democracy. At least in some cases. Would you rather be a member of the poor class in 19th century England, during the industrial revolution, or the lower class of ancient Japan whch consisted of merchants!

The problem with divine right is that it's always enforced with arms. Rarely do you see a family's dynasty last even 200 years, it's always overthrown by force by a more powerful faction. Then that faction claims divine right, but it's always maintained by force acquired in the temporal sphere, kind of contradicting the idea of divine right.
    I never said I suupported divine right. I said I was in favor of Aristocracy, which can - but isnt always - based on divine right.

The truth is, under certain conditions ALL forms of government can become totalitarian. It's not simply a problem with democracy.
    Thats true, but alot of people think it cant happen under democracy.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Any government system provides an open door to totalitarianism in some way under at least some circumstances. It's just a matter of if those circumstances arise and people allow/ encourage totalitarianism.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug