• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

general poll - how many athiest INTP Buddhist weekend warriors are here?

stormyapril

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Really not a personal add. I am trying to see if my long term quest for a man is an impossible dream. Do men like this even exist?

Also, to make it extra fun, also have to want an open relationship (2 way), be fit, and travel.

Most important though is the Ne Ti combo and Buddhism as common spiritual understanding is key. Can actually be agnostic.

What are the odds?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why INTP? Seems like a pretty odd match for an ENTP to look specifically for.

stormyapril

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Probably to do with pattern matching - I click most with intp men - infj generally too feminine for me

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Really not a personal add. I am trying to see if my long term quest for a man is an impossible dream. Do men like this even exist?

Also, to make it extra fun, also have to want an open relationship (2 way), be fit, and travel.

Most important though is the Ne Ti combo and Buddhism as common spiritual understanding is key. Can actually be agnostic.

What are the odds?

How does Buddhism mesh with open relationshisp?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would describe myself as not an atheist, but someone who sees god as being an explanation for what people didnt know back in the days(and today for stuff like what caused big bang) and partly an projection. Also i cant say that some religious books(koran, bible or what ever) cant be right, its just highly improbable that they would be right.

Buddhism is imo the closest thing to the truth and there are loads of valuable teachings in buddhism.

I think im relatively fit, but i dont really travel(mostly because everyone i know are so boring that its impossible to get them to go anywhere) and open relationship is a big no no.

gl finding an INTP like you described near you :D

stormyapril

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
How does Buddhism mesh with open relationshisp?

Not directly correlated, but in general, being in a healthy open relationship requires both people to be very centered and self contained. I see this fitting with Ti most consistently as it relates to personality and tangential to Buddhism - where in relationships people don't fill a void, but are seen as two complete individuals sharing their paths.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think Buddhism is great for centering yourself with nature and the universe, can help us to reach a higher state of vision and freedom.

He also has that good philosophy of detachment, to be able to let go of things and move on with the flux of life towards the eternal.

Einstein himself was also fond of Buddhism, and said that it's the best religion out there for having a cosmic experience.

Lastly, you should know the [MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION] has integrated Buddhist views into his philosophy more than I have, and he's self-typed as ISTP, pretty dang close to INTP.

stormyapril

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I sees god as being an explanation for what people didnt know back in the days(and today for stuff like what caused big bang) and partly an projection

Buddhism is imo the closest thing to the truth and there are loads of valuable teachings in buddhism.

open relationship is a big no no.

gl finding an INTP like you described near you :D

Your reply us EXACTLY why I want to hug the few intp men I meet

Your explanation of how god and by extension religion fit and can be helpful is beautiful - about budhism - exactly!

Is the open relationship a no no because of the social culture where you are at, or more of a personal need? Don't need details, this is just about the concept :)

Agreed on finding any intp at your low rates in the population - I live in a tech town, so concentration is higher, but this combo is odd.

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
I also don't get the Buddhist angle, but if it's something you are into, it wouldn't bother me. Buddhism is strikes me as the least offensive of the big religious sects.

Open realtionships, OTOH, are an absolute show stopper. I'm of the opinion people just aren't wired for them in general, and I would say INTPs are especially not wired for them. I've argued ad nauseum (over at INTPc when it's up) that no man with any self-respect will tolerate an OR (especially with another man involved, but even another women is sketchy) and any man who says he is OK with it, is simply bullshitting you for the sex. He's not serious about the relationship.

stormyapril

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Anyway, what's weekend warrior mean in this context? Territorial army?

Mud runs, long distance events, camping... Anything active outside and LIKE getting dirty/drinking beer, usually at the same time. Train during the week, but not just a gym/Cross fit box groupy.

stormyapril

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm of the opinion people just aren't wired for them in general

and I would say INTPs are especially not wired for them.

I've argued ad nauseum (over at INTPc when it's up) that no man with any self-respect will tolerate an OR (especially with another man involved, but even another women is sketchy) and any man who says he is OK with it, is simply bullshitting you for the sex. He's not serious about the relationship.

For an n=1 this entp chick IS wired for it. I LOVE people I love forever. Sure, I can't maintain a daily relationship with everyone I love, but on a more cosmic level, these people are dear to me, and if they happen to be a male and we enjoy sex together - that is just an added bonus for both!(that BTW is the essence of being in an open relationship - hence you must be self centered and self fulfilled to be a partner in that relationship). Also, I am successful, fiercely independent, and would probably turn off any man who wants a cutie just too hang of their arm and look good.

Why are intp not built for it? - that us what I want to understand more about. I am pretty sure the reason I am built for it is because of a strong ti internal reference. Intp rule in this arena?

Finally - territorial men (sadly this may be all) would not work for me for many other reasons. I SUCK AT and AM NOT built to stroke egos. But from my intended innuendos, am great at other things. Why control someone, when freedom gives you options to experience many people???

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Your reply us EXACTLY why I want to hug the few intp men I meet

Your explanation of how god and by extension religion fit and can be helpful is beautiful - about budhism - exactly!

Is the open relationship a no no because of the social culture where you are at, or more of a personal need? Don't need details, this is just about the concept :)

Agreed on finding any intp at your low rates in the population - I live in a tech town, so concentration is higher, but this combo is odd.

:)

Well, the no no for open relationship is a personal thing, it seems like open relationships are quite common where i live amongst people my age. Im not sure if other INTPs can relate, but at least for me its about my imagination having its own life often. I would just start to imagine automatically and all the time those other guys fucking you(and i couldnt get that out of my head) and my interest would just fade away instantly. Or actually i would consciously throw away any interest as i would be just torturing myself all the time and it wouldnt be worth it. Also it wouldnt do me any good since i dont really care about fucking with strangers, so it would be just you who would be fucking around and me waiting for my turn.. Not to mention that it would be away from me, because im such a horny bastard, literally :D

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For an n=1 this entp chick IS wired for it. I LOVE people I love forever. Sure, I can't maintain a daily relationship with everyone I love, but on a more cosmic level, these people are dear to me, and if they happen to be a male and we enjoy sex together - that is just an added bonus for both!(that BTW is the essence of being in an open relationship - hence you must be self centered and self fulfilled to be a partner in that relationship). Also, I am successful, fiercely independent, and would probably turn off any man who wants a cutie just too hang of their arm and look good.

Why are intp not built for it? - that us what I want to understand more about. I am pretty sure the reason I am built for it is because of a strong ti internal reference. Intp rule in this arena?

Finally - territorial men (sadly this may be all) would not work for me for many other reasons. I SUCK AT and AM NOT built to stroke egos. But from my intended innuendos, am great at other things. Why control someone, when freedom gives you options to experience many people???

You don't have to be a trophy wife to be monogamous. INTP aren't social animals. When we connect it is generally very serious to us. I personally would feel very unable to be intimate with someone who was being intimate with others. It just makes it all less important and seems more about recirving than mutual exchange. I think focusing on one partner isn't about limiting your experiences but respecting that their is enough within them to satisfy you. And even then desire to focus and give to them fully.

As Ti dominant I, personally, don't think it's logical to expect the depth of emotional connection from an open relationship because your emotional resources are spread across people. (Energy, time, physical body).

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
Just so we are on the same page, I don't consider friends with benefits open realtionships. Nor playing the field a bit when you are young (even if you kinda/sorta have a steady bf/gf).

So I dispute that open relationships are common. I've never actually met anyone in real life who was in a committed relationship that was open (some of those folks screwed around, but the consequences were dire if they got caught). I'm older than average on these forums, but young people haven't changed that much. Most people are still monogamous once committed.

It's only at the MBTI forums I have bumped into a handfull of OR proponents. And they are 100% female so far.

As to INTPs specificly, it's probably just that most INTPs have their hands full with just one serious relationship. Who has the energy for more even if one had the inclination? Also, it's a full time job for most people to pull off even one serious relationship successfully, > 1 seems near impossible with all the emotional complications it would entail.

I reiterate my emphisis on serious. If you want a handful of casual relationships and can be satisfied with nothing more, I think you can pull that off. Actually, I think that's the only option for the OR proponents.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would almost sign up, but I'm not sure on my ability to handle open relationships. I'm really skeptical about them, mostly because the other person would be the one benefitting from it, not me. And that would almost certainly annoy me. If they helped send other women my way, I probably wouldn't mind, but I don't think it would work that way.

This is why I don't think I'll end up with an ENTP woman, even though I want to. Too many of them seem to be into open relationships and polyamory and things that do little for me except make things more complicated than they need to be. I'm open to considering it, but I'm really really skeptical.

If I could be convinced that I wouldn't be left for these open relationships, I might be ok with it. Hell, if it was a situation where I could "share" someone, I might even be into that.

I have some interest in Buddhism, but I'm not sure what you mean by a weekend warrior.

I usually call myself an atheist these days, although at the most literal definition, this is not strictly true. It is close enough to being true as to make little practical difference. I tend to have more in common with people who are atheist/agnostics than people who are not. I'm not talking politics, but rather priorities. I'm not really super-concerned with being a good person, I'm more concerned with not being an evil person. I regard excessive self

This is why I don't think I'll ever end up with an ENTP as much as I might want to. They all seem to want open relationships , but I'd get the raw end of that deal, unless they sent women my way. Which I doubt would happen.

Lark

Mud runs, long distance events, camping... Anything active outside and LIKE getting dirty/drinking beer, usually at the same time. Train during the week, but not just a gym/Cross fit box groupy.

Interesting, is there more to read about this? Are there links? A forum?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I think for a lot (certainly not all) INTP guys, one of the main advantages of a serious relationship is that they don't *have* to talk to new people in order to get their physical and emotional needs met, so the advantage of an open relationship would only be that they did not have to put as much effort into their primary relationship. IOW, they would be able to get their physical and emotional needs met without even having to talk to their partner quite as much and still have a harmonious relationship because someone else was helping shoulder the burden. If they are invested in the relationship, though, I think most would rather make the effort to meet their partner's needs or just muddle along on their own because they are pretty independent.