User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Default general poll - how many athiest INTP Buddhist weekend warriors are here?

Really not a personal add. I am trying to see if my long term quest for a man is an impossible dream. Do men like this even exist?

Also, to make it extra fun, also have to want an open relationship (2 way), be fit, and travel.

Most important though is the Ne Ti combo and Buddhism as common spiritual understanding is key. Can actually be agnostic.

What are the odds?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Why INTP? Seems like a pretty odd match for an ENTP to look specifically for.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Probably to do with pattern matching - I click most with intp men - infj generally too feminine for me

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by stormyapril View Post
    Really not a personal add. I am trying to see if my long term quest for a man is an impossible dream. Do men like this even exist?

Also, to make it extra fun, also have to want an open relationship (2 way), be fit, and travel.

Most important though is the Ne Ti combo and Buddhism as common spiritual understanding is key. Can actually be agnostic.

What are the odds?
    How does Buddhism mesh with open relationshisp?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I would describe myself as not an atheist, but someone who sees god as being an explanation for what people didnt know back in the days(and today for stuff like what caused big bang) and partly an projection. Also i cant say that some religious books(koran, bible or what ever) cant be right, its just highly improbable that they would be right.

Buddhism is imo the closest thing to the truth and there are loads of valuable teachings in buddhism.

I think im relatively fit, but i dont really travel(mostly because everyone i know are so boring that its impossible to get them to go anywhere) and open relationship is a big no no.

gl finding an INTP like you described near you
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    How does Buddhism mesh with open relationshisp?
    Not directly correlated, but in general, being in a healthy open relationship requires both people to be very centered and self contained. I see this fitting with Ti most consistently as it relates to personality and tangential to Buddhism - where in relationships people don't fill a void, but are seen as two complete individuals sharing their paths.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I think Buddhism is great for centering yourself with nature and the universe, can help us to reach a higher state of vision and freedom.

He also has that good philosophy of detachment, to be able to let go of things and move on with the flux of life towards the eternal.

Einstein himself was also fond of Buddhism, and said that it's the best religion out there for having a cosmic experience.

Lastly, you should know the @superunknown has integrated Buddhist views into his philosophy more than I have, and he's self-typed as ISTP, pretty dang close to INTP.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    I sees god as being an explanation for what people didnt know back in the days(and today for stuff like what caused big bang) and partly an projection

Buddhism is imo the closest thing to the truth and there are loads of valuable teachings in buddhism.

open relationship is a big no no.

gl finding an INTP like you described near you
    Your reply us EXACTLY why I want to hug the few intp men I meet

Your explanation of how god and by extension religion fit and can be helpful is beautiful - about budhism - exactly!

Is the open relationship a no no because of the social culture where you are at, or more of a personal need? Don't need details, this is just about the concept :-)

Agreed on finding any intp at your low rates in the population - I live in a tech town, so concentration is higher, but this combo is odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Why INTP? Seems like a pretty odd match for an ENTP to look specifically for.
    I was thinking why buddhist?

Anyway, what's weekend warrior mean in this context? Territorial army?

MBTI
    INTp

I also don't get the Buddhist angle, but if it's something you are into, it wouldn't bother me. Buddhism is strikes me as the least offensive of the big religious sects.

Open realtionships, OTOH, are an absolute show stopper. I'm of the opinion people just aren't wired for them in general, and I would say INTPs are especially not wired for them. I've argued ad nauseum (over at INTPc when it's up) that no man with any self-respect will tolerate an OR (especially with another man involved, but even another women is sketchy) and any man who says he is OK with it, is simply bullshitting you for the sex. He's not serious about the relationship.