User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 105

  1. #61
    Male johnnyyukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExNinjaTropPervertie View Post
    It may be their nature as you say, but we are not leaving into a jungle (or only in a metaphorical way), so that is why strict rules must be enforced in our societies.
    If you are evil, one day or another you'll feel guilty. Hitler has committed suicide, even if his own demons were not in touch with reason since a long time.

    I must admit I would have killed my ex boss if laws were not they are

    I am the 1st one who will raise both hands for much more humanity and freedom.
    A society can only feel safe and free with rules that protect it from dangers.

    Being for freedom and not giving a damn about justice would be totally senseless.
    Karma may also be part of a very idealist philosophy to believe in justice, a diamond into a so disappointing world.
    ha, who doesn't wanna kill a boss?

    Agree with most, but to play devil's advocate,

    The bold, not so sure about that. A LOT of serial killers are not sorry. Richard Kuklinski for one, serial killer turned mafia hitman with over 200 murders on his hand, admits in several interviews (can watch on youtube) that he never felt bad. Felt nothing. The ONLY thing he felt bad about was when his family found out and how it hurt them (the guy managed to keep it secret).

    And Hitler killed himself because the alternative was to be captured, NOT because of guilt.

    Just sayin'
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

    Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

  2. #62
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    The bold, not so sure about that. A LOT of serial killers are not sorry. Richard Kuklinski for one, serial killer turned mafia hitman with over 200 murders on his hand, admits in several interviews (can watch on youtube) that he never felt bad. Felt nothing. The ONLY thing he felt bad about was when his family found out and how it hurt them (the guy managed to keep it secret).

    And Hitler killed himself because the alternative was to be captured, NOT because of guilt.

    Just sayin'
    Very true. I'm not sure why people always think guilt eventually happens. The most studied serial killers also say they never had any guilt and would repeat their actions, if freed.

    If there actually was karma and it actually did it's job, you wouldn't see any of these...

    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

  3. #63
    Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    ..........200 murders on his hand, admits in several interviews (can watch on youtube) that he never felt bad. Felt nothing. The ONLY thing he felt bad about was when his family found out and how it hurt them (the guy managed to keep it secret).
    And Hitler killed himself because the alternative was to be captured, NOT because of guilt.
    Just sayin'
    That's why I'm for death sentence. Karma or not ! But Egalité Fraternité and all that shit makes people blind and tolerant about things we normally should not discuss of but act on.

    I know what you say is fucking true !! But no way, I'm not gonna look at serial killers on youtube(*) ! I must kill my time with Life matters, not those anti-heroes that become heroes

    just because of that stupid fact : they can shock HUMAN beings and this suffering is part of their enjoyment, if not what gives them orgasms !


    (*)I passed the machiavel test (shit test), I'm not a serial killer.
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

  4. #64
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Well some people do do bad, very bad naughty things and gain a lot of power, money, and influence. Are they happy? I dunno. But ask a cannibal warlord in Liberia. Such as General Butt Naked and no I'm not joking, that's a real dude in Liberia that slaughtered hundreds of people, including children. I'm not even going to post the shit, as it's too graphic. But the documentary linked is one the most disturbing I've ever seen. The "General" is a preacher now.


    My other thought was that perhaps some people are just born evil, or it's just a part of their nature. A lion doesn't get punished for "murdering" defenseless, cute little antelope on a weekly basis, because that's it's nature. Maybe karma escapes some naturally evil people. Sure, a lot get caught and then there's ones that don't that maybe are tortured by their own demons, and some that are A OK with casually lopping off the head of some random pedestrian and never get caught.

    And I'm sure some people don't kill because of the SEVERE consequences of getting caught. There may be some higher knowing of what is "Right" and "Wrong" but even then, it would be relative to the situation. Hard to say, interesting discussion.
    The fact that wrongdoing is significant at all is because of karma. When people get slaughtered and their families and the world are in despair, that is karma. Cause and effect.

    It has nothing to do with bad people getting away with things. It has to do with bad people doing bad things and being able to effect others.

    Karma is not punishment tokens and has NOTHING to do with punishment, and very little to do with actual morality, other than if you do bad things somebody is going to be sad. Maybe you'll get away with it. Or maybe because the world is sad, you will be next.

    Doesn't do any good to say this though because nobody listens. The fact that people STILL don't know what karma really is should be testament to that.

  5. #65
    Male johnnyyukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Doesn't do any good to say this though because nobody listens. The fact that people STILL don't know what karma really is should be testament to that.
    Enlighten us.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

    Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

  6. #66
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Enlighten us.
    I just did.

  7. #67
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Enlighten us.
    Or put another way, let's use your example of the general slaughtering people. Every time the general slaughters a person, that informs the behavior of the world towards the general. Will he be punished? Not necessarily. Does the world treat him differently than if he were a nice man instead? ABSOLUTELY YES.

    That is karma by definition.

  8. #68
    Male johnnyyukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Or put another way, let's use your example of the general slaughtering people. Every time the general slaughters a person, that informs the behavior of the world towards the general. Will he be punished? Not necessarily. Does the world treat him differently than if he were a nice man instead? ABSOLUTELY YES.

    That is karma by definition.
    I don't know about the world, but in the documentary, everyone in the Church Congregation loves him. Up there preaching the good word, and the crowd loving it.

    So, I'm still not clear. But I'm half asleep.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

    Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

  9. #69
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Well some people do do bad, very bad naughty things and gain a lot of power, money, and influence. Are they happy? I dunno. But ask a cannibal warlord in Liberia. Such as General Butt Naked and no I'm not joking, that's a real dude in Liberia that slaughtered hundreds of people, including children. I'm not even going to post the shit, as it's too graphic. But the documentary linked is one the most disturbing I've ever seen. The "General" is a preacher now.


    My other thought was that perhaps some people are just born evil, or it's just a part of their nature. A lion doesn't get punished for "murdering" defenseless, cute little antelope on a weekly basis, because that's it's nature. Maybe karma escapes some naturally evil people. Sure, a lot get caught and then there's ones that don't that maybe are tortured by their own demons, and some that are A OK with casually lopping off the head of some random pedestrian and never get caught.

    And I'm sure some people don't kill because of the SEVERE consequences of getting caught. There may be some higher knowing of what is "Right" and "Wrong" but even then, it would be relative to the situation. Hard to say, interesting discussion.
    I will look at that eventually.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan

  10. #70
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Very true. I'm not sure why people always think guilt eventually happens. The most studied serial killers also say they never had any guilt and would repeat their actions, if freed.

    If there actually was karma and it actually did it's job, you wouldn't see any of these...

    Exactly.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan

Similar Threads

  1. Time: Real or Illusory?
    By Mal12345 in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 08-12-2015, 12:06 AM
  2. Hoverboard - REAL or HOAX?
    By Mal12345 in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-05-2014, 07:05 PM
  3. Dom/Tert Loops: Real or Fake?
    By RaptorWizard in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-11-2013, 04:53 PM
  4. Real or Fake? Headphones for Cats
    By Mal12345 in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-03-2012, 10:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO