User Tag List

First 91011

Results 101 to 105 of 105

  1. #101
    subterfugee Xann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Opal View Post
    Uh oh. What rules govern Karma?
    The rules are intention, positive or negative, quantified and qualified depending on your input and desired output.

    There is also such a thing as a generational curse, which is common amongst those suffering from torment and discomfort, and must be lifted to live a happy life.

  2. #102
    Senior Member Opal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xann View Post
    The rules are intention, positive or negative, quantified and qualified depending on your input and desired output.

    There is also such a thing as a generational curse, which is common amongst those suffering from torment and discomfort, and must be lifted to live a happy life.
    But intention is so complex... we rationalize all sorts of things, and also fail in ironic ways.

    Do you think existentialism comes into play? Not intention, but impact? (Is this what you mean by input?)


  3. #103
    subterfugee Xann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Opal View Post
    But intention is so complex... we rationalize all sorts of things, and also fail in ironic ways.

    Do you think existentialism comes into play? Not intention, but impact? (Is this what you mean by input?)

    (lol @ generational curses... that seems unfair somehow)
    I believe the karmic checks and balances are a lot more obvious when one believes in a source of objective truth but there is a constant push and pull via karmic sources constantly forcing one to redefine the objective and subjective. As difficult as it may be to comprehend, the output is even more complex than the input (intention, rationalization) but just as easy to discern when there is intention to do so without self-deception, the goal of karma being to remove self-deception.

  4. #104
    Senior Member Opal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xann View Post
    I believe the karmic checks and balances are a lot more obvious when one believes in a source of objective truth but there is a constant push and pull via karmic sources constantly forcing one to redefine the objective and subjective. As difficult as it may be to comprehend, the output is even more complex than the input (intention, rationalization) but just as easy to discern when there is intention to do so without self-deception, the goal of karma being to remove self-deception.
    Being drawn to labyrinthine minds, I can appreciate karmic complexity. Fortunately, I do believe in objective truth, and do push for internal clarity.

    Predicting karmic responses would be an interesting exercise, though probably impossible in a concrete sense.
    Likes Xann liked this post

  5. #105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Karma is basically like chemistry, it may look different, but it is the same weight of bad or good that is going to happen to you.

Similar Threads

  1. Time: Real or Illusory?
    By Mal12345 in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 08-12-2015, 12:06 AM
  2. Hoverboard - REAL or HOAX?
    By Mal12345 in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-05-2014, 07:05 PM
  3. Dom/Tert Loops: Real or Fake?
    By RaptorWizard in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-11-2013, 04:53 PM
  4. Real or Fake? Headphones for Cats
    By Mal12345 in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-03-2012, 10:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO