User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: My Corruption

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I think I have a tendency to assume, because of the kind of language that you use, that you are inviting intellectual discussion.
    What I like is a contribution. It may be a creative contribution or it may be an intellectual contribution.

So it's like I put something on the table and you put something on the table.

I have been corrupted in the same way Adam and Eve, the first man and woman, were corrupted.

Adam and Eve spoke simply for pleasure until they were corrupted and forced to speak for a purpose.

Or another way of seeing it is that Adam and Eve each lived in a bicameral mind where there was no 'I' and a voice, the voice of God, told them what to do, which they did without thinking.

But once they disobeyed the voice of God, they started to think for themselves and became an 'I' and so became corrupted.

So when I write for a purpose I am writing from an 'I'. But when i am writing for pleasure the words write me, and 'I' disappears and I just write down what I hear.

Or another way of putting it is that I hallucinate the voice and the words, and immediately without thinking, write them down.

Often this 'I' part of me doesn't like to be shunted aside by a mysterious voice, and becomes afraid of disappearing for ever, and so resists listening to the voice.

But fortunately I can enter my bicameral mind, enjoy myself, then return to my anxious 'I'.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Maybe it's senile dementia?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I liked your old language, Mole (though I will always think of you as Victor).
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Its interesting to think of language as something which can be personal. I never looked at it that way. I always thought language served a purpose of communication between people. Im not quiet sure how language can be seen as someting solely personal. But I understand how, to you, it is art, and adapting language to make yourself easier(quicker?) to understand is perceived by yourself as selling out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    I liked your old language, Mole (though I will always think of you as Victor).
    Yes, poor old Victor, he was insignificant. Why just the other day my friend Mr Toad called me the international Mole, surely a significant name even for a Mole.

Victor told me you keep two angels at your feet, and I suggested we give them a ring and have a chat - indeed an international chat with the international Mole. How could they refuse? But I thought I should mention it to you first - after all you don't want to run up a huge phone bill that you would have a hard time explaining as canine to Mole communication - I mean who would believe you?

Victor is dead, long live Mole.

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Its interesting to think of language as something which can be personal. I never looked at it that way. I always thought language served a purpose of communication between people. Im not quiet sure how language can be seen as someting solely personal. But I understand how, to you, it is art, and adapting language to make yourself easier(quicker?) to understand is perceived by yourself as selling out.
    It's more I have two ways of writing. There is writing from 'I' for a purpose, and there is writing from the bicameral mind.

To write in the bicameral mind the 'I' must not know what to write and become anxious and afraid, and at that point the bicameral mind steps in to save me.

So the bicameral mind speaks and I immediately without thinking or hesitation write it down.

And when 'I' read it back I can understand it quite well, and usually a small number also understand it, but the majority find it incomprehensible.

When I write from 'I', it comes out as pedestrian, but when I write from my bicameral mind, it comes as a pleasant surprise.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    What I like is a contribution. It may be a creative contribution or it may be an intellectual contribution.

So it's like I put something on the table and you put something on the table.
    I think you've identified the problem. After each person puts something on the table the process has really just started. If you abandon it at that point, it was just a waste of time and it rings of confirmation bias and close mindedness

It really ought to go like this:

You put something on the table.

I acknowledge what you put on the table and I put something on the table, explaining the relationships between everything on the table.

You acknowledge what I put on the table, put something new on the table, and explain the relationship between everything on the table.

etc.

Instead I see lots of what appears to be close mindedness, bigotry and confirmation bias.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

You guys have real communication problems from the sound of it.

MBTI
    ISTP

ENTJ... 14,342 posts... trolling in the first thread I see him in... someone's a high-on-control troll.