User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 89

  1. #51
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Christianity specifically teaches that Jesus is God, in fact the Second Person of the Trinity.

    While Islam specifically teaches that Jesus is not God.

    This is an irreconcilable conflict that cannot be resolved by evidence and inductive reason.
    Yes. For a little while, Jesus was God in human form. He was truly a human being made a little lower than the angels. He came to earth as man for man, so that by the grace of God he might taste the suffering of death on a cross for every man.

  2. #52
    deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,953

    Default

    Stupid people create conflict and since they exist everywhere, there will be conflict everywhere.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

  3. #53
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,541

    Default

    To oversimplify: religion leads to conflict, while spirituality leads to unity. Spirituality is individual, and at the same time more connected to the universal whole. Religion, by creating a group, necessarily creates another "us" to be contrasted with "them", as several others have mentioned. Even if a key tenet of "us" is to help "them", the division is still there. Even the Bahai's aren't exempt. Yes, there is overlap because some people do in fact find spiritual growth through a religious group, but it is not required.

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    People are just nasty, greedy, violent primates that will justify their actions in whatever way is most convenient. If religion is handy, they'll use that. If not, they'll find something else. So six of one, half a dozen of the other, IMO.
    This, too. A group of fervent believers is a potent weapon in the hands of a dictator, demagogue, or outright nut. A distribution of individually spiritual people? Using them would be like herding cats.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  4. #54
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    To oversimplify: religion leads to conflict, while spirituality leads to unity. Spirituality is individual, and at the same time more connected to the universal whole. Religion, by creating a group, necessarily creates another "us" to be contrasted with "them", as several others have mentioned. Even if a key tenet of "us" is to help "them", the division is still there. Even the Bahai's aren't exempt. Yes, there is overlap because some people do in fact find spiritual growth through a religious group, but it is not required.


    This, too. A group of fervent believers is a potent weapon in the hands of a dictator, demagogue, or outright nut. A distribution of individually spiritual people? Using them would be like herding cats.
    +1

    Well said. Spirituality being equated with religion is one of the most dangerous misconceptions, IMO. I understand that it's hard for people to make the distinction, since religion is so much easier to understand, but the difference is crucial. Your point illustrates that difference nicely.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

  5. #55
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A window to the soul View Post
    Yes. For a little while, Jesus was God in human form. He was truly a human being made a little lower than the angels. He came to earth as man for man, so that by the grace of God he might taste the suffering of death on a cross for every man.
    This is boilerplate propaganda.

    It is an insult to those engaging in conversation in good faith.

    And so it is a public act of bad faith.

    It is an act of bad faith in the community of Typology Central.

  6. #56
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    This is boilerplate propaganda.

    It is an insult to those engaging in conversation in good faith.

    And so it is a public act of bad faith.

    It is an act of bad faith in the community of Typology Central.
    When you talk to me that way, I just feel small.

    I forgive you. Next time, when I share what's on my heart, if you don't understand it, I want you to be respectfully kind, or walk away.

    Blessings.

  7. #57
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A window to the soul View Post
    When you talk to me that way, I just feel small.

    I forgive you. Next time, when I share what's on my heart, if you don't understand it, I want you to be respectfully kind, or walk away.

    Blessings.
    Great Caesar's Ghost, I have not the slightest intention of being respectfully kind or walking away. I do though have a horror of being boring so I would never write boilerplate to you, rather I hope to amuse, to tickle your fancy.

    Of course it could have been worse, instead of commanding me to be respectfully kind or walk away, you could have enjoined me, in the American way, to be sincere.

    And as I am never tired of pointing out to Americans, sincere begins with sin.

    And only can God save us from sin.

  8. #58
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Great Caesar's Ghost, I have not the slightest intention of being respectfully kind or walking away. I do though have a horror of being boring so I would never write boilerplate to you, rather I hope to amuse, to tickle your fancy.

    Of course it could have been worse, instead of commanding me to be respectfully kind or walk away, you could have enjoined me, in the American way, to be sincere.

    And as I am never tired of pointing out to Americans, sincere begins with sin.

    And only can God save us from sin.
    No problem. I have plenty of 'respect' and 'walking away' power; enough for the both of us.

    Thank you Jesus!



    p.s., OH, I almost forgot... Jesus loves you. Bye! (:


  9. #59
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,541

    Default

    If only every fundamentalist were as willing to demonstrate respect and walk away. Blessed be.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  10. #60
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    If only every believer stopped boring us and started amusing us.

    But the striking thing about sacred texts from the Bible, the Koran, the Analects of Confucius, to the Bagavad Gita, is their lack of a sense of humour.

    This is perfectly understandable because these sacred texts were written in a trance and are meant to be read in a trance, where the critical mind is asleep. And as a sense of humour is part of the critical mind, naturally these sacred texts have no sense of humour.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] How does an FJ "grow" or "change"?
    By sculpting in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-31-2011, 09:45 PM
  2. Does social typology enlighten or obscure?
    By BlueScreen in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-04-2010, 10:45 AM
  3. Creating circumstances or created by them
    By Chris_in_Orbit in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 09:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO