• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Philosopher Do You Dislike the Most?

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Plato. It's about time someone finally put him on the scrap heap of history.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
There are many who claim to be philosophers, son, philosophy is the basic language of wise people, and no it's not about having different ideas or your stupid self made, unreasonable, meaningless opinions that are so blurry and inaccurate because only you think so.

And no art is not about saying a word that everyone has a different explanation of it, simply because it's not true.

There are many people who claim to be philosophers, many even popular, like albert camus and paulo coelho.. etc

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This may sound slightly off-topic,

I see philosophy as a thinker's way of art. So when you try to find a philosopher you dislike, just what are you trying to say exactly about this person? When he describes this is how the universe is? (Metaphysics) What offends you? Lol

You were made out of stars. WTF? You think I'm bright? No! I'm dull as dust. But dust is ma-NO. GOD NO PLEASE NO. You mentioned Go-STOP IT. Silence.

When someone discusses morality, do you think any philosopher is going to support murder in any circumstance possible? Nooo, so nothing to fear about. The situations are just merely imaginative exercises. Even if it is for the greater good, you gotta wait on tons of people's opinions to pass.

When discussing about epistemology? Did they really change your view of how you know things? You compare what you know to what they know so that you know that they know how to know.

Phenomenology? Is your subjective experience altered because of one other man's experience? This is pink. No that is salmon. Nah. Oh it is salmon.

Deep thoughts my friends, deep thoughts.

Less hate, more love. :heart:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Descartes. Great mathematician. Very Crappy philosopher.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
This may sound slightly off-topic,

I see philosophy as a thinker's way of art. So when you try to find a philosopher you dislike, just what are you trying to say exactly about this person? When he describes this is how the universe is? (Metaphysics) What offends you? Lol

You were made out of stars. WTF? You think I'm bright? No! I'm dull as dust. But dust is ma-NO. GOD NO PLEASE NO. You mentioned Go-STOP IT. Silence.

When someone discusses morality, do you think any philosopher is going to support murder in any circumstance possible? Nooo, so nothing to fear about. The situations are just merely imaginative exercises. Even if it is for the greater good, you gotta wait on tons of people's opinions to pass.

When discussing about epistemology? Did they really change your view of how you know things? You compare what you know to what they know so that you know that they know how to know.

Phenomenology? Is your subjective experience altered because of one other man's experience? This is pink. No that is salmon. Nah. Oh it is salmon.

Deep thoughts my friends, deep thoughts.

Less hate, more love. :heart:

Oh god. the colors
MY EYES

a99176f17f98d40c567bce80a2707a-54a8c35be3a5d.jpg

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know man, it switched my eyes to black and white. I'll let you know when colors start returning.

Well enjoy enneatype 4 mode lol.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Well enjoy enneatype 4 mode lol.
I think we should get back to the important topic of how sucky a philosopher Descartes is. Kids to save, and all that.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think we should get back to the important topic of how sucky a philosopher Descartes is. Kids to save, and all that.

Descartes was doing his thing though. He started modern philosophy. I dig the guy

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And that's why he should be erased from history.

:( There'd be no Kant, there'd be No Schopenhauer. There'd be no Nietzsche. THERE'D BE NO ALBERT CAMUS.

CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW THE WORLD WOULD BE WITHOUT CAMUS?

Yeah nothing.

6f2562d54c51ac4b5d7a858dea692fc4.jpg

Wouldn't that be absurd?

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Descartes was doing his thing though. He started modern philosophy. I dig the guy

I'm sorry. Have you read his rational for dualism? It's ridiculous. You just have to. well. do about ANYTHING to a person to make dualism dubious. It's like 'are you hungry? How does that make you feel? GOT YOU DESCARTES! YOU SUCKS'

ok I'm grossly simplifying but going through his philosophy in details about a decade ago I remember rolling my eyes so much people around me started getting offended.
His LOGIC is good, but he cherry picks and creates a little system he likes. then he says this system is 'reality'. It's not. Anyone can make up an imaginary situation and say that it's how the world works. The thing is his arguments when looked at from 'outside' with some skepticism tend to show so many flaws it's crazy.
He's a great mathematician. Issue is the world is not mathematics, you can't just make up stuff, get your conclusion and call it truth.

The reason why I dislike him as a philosopher is especially because he wrote so much on epistemiology etc. Yet, to me, had such a small 'scope'. It's like a very clever blind man describing trying to describe a painting without touching it.