User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    Plato. It's about time someone finally put him on the scrap heap of history.
    Interesting choice.

For me his only redeeming quality is the time period in which he lived. His ideas were much too Ne and lacked coherency, but some of his ideas were ahead of his time at least. And as if knowing he pulled most of his ideas out of his proverbial ass, he rarely attributed his ideas to his name directly, that deserves some recognition as well.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

See if you can find what philosopher he likes the most.

Then once you find the philosopher, do the jig with him in joy.

(Hint: He correctly pronounces it.)

*still shaking my head at being evil*

I guess I'm the only one who has a true vision for what's best for the forum @EcK

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I love any philosopher. They are all great at teaching different points of views.
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM
    Likes Survive & Stay Free liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Descartes.
    Likes Evee liked this post

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Interesting choice.

For me his only redeeming quality is the time period in which he lived. His ideas were much too Ne and lacked coherency, but some of his ideas were ahead of his time at least. And as if knowing he pulled most of his ideas out of his proverbial ass, he rarely attributed his ideas to his name directly, that deserves some recognition as well.
    I dont know, he experienced most regimes first hand, democracy, oligarchy, dictatorship/absolute monarchy and concluded that systems are only as good as the people who make them up, hence the so called philosopher kings/guardians, it appears elitist and benevolent dictatorship validating until you know the whole story.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Descartes. Great mathematician. Very Crappy philosopher.
    Oh hell. This, yeah.

Like, you have a day job, Descartes. You should just stick with that.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Ayn Rand strikes me as someone who was reacting more to what happened in her life then someone who actually thought seriously about any of it. Nietzsche is useful to read as a critic of what was going on around him, if you can get past the fact that he's not PC at all. IIRC, both Freud and Jung were influenced by Nietzsche.
    Likes Ursa liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Monster View Post
    Hegel

If, now, consciousness hereby becomes aware in its work of the opposition between willing and performance,
    between purpose and means, and again between this inward nature, taken all together, and actual reality−−an
    opposition which as a whole shows the fortuitous character of the action of consciousness−still the unity and
    the necessity of this action are just as much present too. This latter aspect transcends the former, and
    experience of the fortuitousness of the action is itself only a fortuitous experience. The necessity of the action
    consists in this, that purpose is directly related to actuality, and the unity of these is the very notion of action:
    the act takes place because action is per se and of itself the essence of actuality. In the work there is no doubt
    comes out the fortuitousness which characterizes accomplishment when contrasted with willing and the
    process of performing; and this experience, which seems as if it must be the truth, contradicts that notion of
    the act. Still, if we look at the content of this experience taken in its completeness, that content is seen to be
    the transitory work. What persists is not the transitoriness; rather this is itself actual and is bound up with the
    work, and vanishes with it; the negative falls away along with the positive whose negation it is.

The concision is mesmerizing.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Way back when, when I went through a philosophy kick, I found the Idealist ones most perplexing/ difficult for me to relate to. Guess that would be Hegel, Schelling, Schopenhauer (I had to look their names up as I forgot names, just remembered the broad branch I didn't easily relate to)

Edit -doesn't mean they're 'bad' philosophers though
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Ayn Rand