User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    It's not just you, Eck. That's precisely why his view of the world unacceptable.

Because Descartes' methodology narrows one's view of the world to the mode of seeing it merely as the present-at-hand.
    Well of course it's 'acceptable' people can have their opinions and views. Mine is that while certainly a smart etc. man from his other work. I don't think his view is 'right'. And i do agree with you that he promotes quite a narrow view. What annoyed me when reading him is that he's be preaching some concept and not seem to apply it to himself. Well he did but again in those small imaginary worlds of his. I guess that his dualist views were not a 'one off' they show that we deal with a man who seem to start with conclusions. And to be fair most people do that, but most people are idiots. So. Yeah.

*shrugs* Too dogmatic / narrow for me I guess.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE
    Likes Evee liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Hey. CALM YO'SELF.
    Dang so the LeVeyan Satanic church was for me. & MOAR. (haha they're not evil but they sure as hell ain't Jesus Lovers)
    When you say jesus lovers I'm picturing a bunch of movie-cliche rednecks getting it on with south park Jesus
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    When you say jesus lovers I'm picturing a bunch of movie-cliche rednecks getting it on with south park Jesus

I'm kidding about joining any church though.

I got to tell you that was pretty convincing picture, you caught me in the act.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

How can anyone dislike Nietzsche?
    How can anyone like Nietzsche? The man was a proto-Nazi asshole who argued that some arbitrary definition of superiority is enough to render half of humanity subservient for selfish, arrogant purposes of the "strong". His theories, if put into practice, would completely undermine some of the very foundations of civilization and society.

And I'm a libertarian. When a libertarian says a theory is dangerous to society, you know it's pretty fucking bad.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by tkae. View Post
    How can anyone like Nietzsche? The man was a proto-Nazi asshole who argued that some arbitrary definition of superiority is enough to render half of humanity subservient for selfish, arrogant purposes of the "strong". His theories, if put into practice, would completely undermine some of the very foundations of civilization and society.

And I'm a libertarian. When a libertarian says a theory is dangerous to society, you know it's pretty fucking bad.
    Have you READ Nietszche or are you just repeating something you've heard some idiot who hadn't read him either said ?

... In theory.

Likes Evee, Ursa liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    infj None

If Marxism is immature and childish, then I guess Ayn Rand and capitalism are like it's demented coke addled brother.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Not sure if richard dawkins can be seen as a philosopher, i mean he kinda tried to do that, but fails so horrible that he seems like a 5 year old when it comes to his logic and reasoning..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read
    Likes Evee, Kas, berenj liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Have you READ Nietszche or are you just repeating something you've heard some idiot who hadn't read him either said ?
    Of course I've read him.

I'm sorry if you disagree that his claim of Jews coming to power through the perversion of society's strength-as-value order via the corruption of language isn't proto-Nazi.

I'm not saying he wasn't smart, I'm not saying he wasn't a very skilled philologist. I am saying that based on the foundational core of his works he was an asshole who tried to apply Darwinian theory to civilized society based on some crackhead idea he had about Jews and the meaning of words from thousands of years ago:

As an artistic triumph in psychological corruption … the Gospels, in fact, stand alone … Here we are among Jews: this is the first thing to be borne in mind if we are not to lose the thread of the matter. This positive genius for conjuring up a delusion of personal "holiness" unmatched anywhere else, either in books or by men; this elevation of fraud in word and attitude to the level of an art — all this is not an accident due to the chance talents of an individual, or to any violation of nature. The thing responsible is race.
    What follows, then? That one had better put on gloves before reading the New Testament. The presence of so much filth makes it very advisable. One would as little choose early Christians for companions as Polish Jews: not that one need seek out an objection to them — neither has a pleasant smell.
    There is only nobility of birth, only nobility of blood. When one speaks of "aristocrats of the spirit," reasons are usually not lacking for concealing something. As is well known, it is a favorite term among ambitious Jews. For spirit alone does not make noble. Rather, there must be something to ennoble the spirit. What then is required? Blood.
    Please, I defy you to find an interpretation of that quote that isn't backwards and anti-Semitic.

If Nietzsche had his way, you would not be on a computer. Science and intelligence has no place in a world where strength matters. Art doesn't matter, so your music is out. Good food would be unavailable.

Also, you wouldn't be on this forum because Nietzsche is incompatible with Jungian theory. If it were up to Nietzsche, Jung and every other religious man would be shot.

But it's not like I've read him or anything.
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by tkae. View Post
    If Nietzsche had his way, you would not be on a computer. Science and intelligence has no place in a world where strength matters. Art doesn't matter, so your music is out.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

]
    Cute.

Funny that you didn't find something that contradicts his hatred of Jews, disbelief in societal stability, or anti-Jungian beliefs.

But good thing he has two quotes for art! That's great prioritization.
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good