MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Default Freud or Jung?

Well? Pick your dead guy!
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Ditto.

Whenever I create a poll, I abstain from voting at first because I do not want to influence the votes.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I voted for Freud - the guy is a lot more radical and challenging with his presentations, rather than his more moderate and holistic counterpart in Jung.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I like Jung. My understanding of Freud is that he reduced everything to sex, which irritates me. Would I be mistaken in this assumption? I think there's more to us than that.

Visit my Johari:

Enneagram
    9w8

Freud and I have never gotten along well. I keep his corpse in my basement wall, and his brain in a jar, but I tell you the anatomy's all wrong and I haven't learned a decent thing from him in years. Jung on the other hand, he had some funky stuff going on and his dissection is always a great discovery. I have a sarcophagus for him and some conopic jars.

disclaimer: if you take me literally, you have obviously never been to my basement.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I actually like Jung more for his intensive introspection and insights centered on the many dimensions of being; I just wanted to vote for something less popular. If it weren't for Jung, we might not even be on this forum!

I dont want to vote yet. I want to think about it a little, because I can see pros and cons to both thinkers; Freuds methods were heavily flawed, and Jung was the more liked of the two for pleasing his audience, which I think may have an unscientific streak to it(I got my flame suit on). On the other hand, I think Jung was more open minded as a person and less categorical. Freud was concerned with a more "clinical" approach which also has it merits.

Infinite Bubble

Freud always made more sense to me, regardless of Jung's typology and the cognitive functions, which I have adopted as a purely intellectual interest rather than considering it as a theory accurately representing the reality of the human mind.

Ok, I voted.

I think that all in all, Freud wins to me because his ideas are just more contraversial, despite him appealing that they werent meant to be, which makes me think he may have been sincere. Not that Jung was insincere. Just his ideas rock the boat a bit less, especially on a typology forum :p