First 1234 Last

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by human101 View Post
    This describes some of the things I see but, those who do it at least in my experience were popular and well adjusted what do they have to lose by not treating someone like this I wonder
    I suspect they're annoyed by people who don't think they are the most awesome thing in the world, and just treat them like anyone else. They spent a lot of work building up that status, so they get annoyed by someone who is indifferent to it. They wonder why the usual tricks they have don't work, and that makes them uncomfortable. They expect more respect from others, and when they get mere indifference, this is threatening. Some people just don't know how to handle being treated as anything other than the most interesting, important person in the room.

That's what I've been able to figure out.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Infinite Bubble

Makes them feel better about themselves. That they're not the one who is "defective". If they are not defective, that means their genes are valuable for the continuation of the species.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

It reassures their fear that they aren't the vulnerable one. It is evidence of a fractured sense of self.

This is one of a couple of things that can send me into a purely instinctual rage.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This describes some of the things I see but, those who do it at least in my experience were popular and well adjusted what do they have to lose by not treating someone like this I wonder
    I think enneagram 3 and 8 when immature or less healthy will bully people despite their own popularity. Why? To exhibit dominance or reassurance to themselves that they exist. Im pretty sure low level eights push people around because they aren't evolved enough to be a mature leader and unhealthy threes believe that they are their image, so if pathetic will do anything to reinforce the image of social winning, even if it's childish or at the expense of others. Threes can be quite cold and calculating for a heart type.

But whether one bullies out of being a victim or a narcissistic scum bag, it's because of what fia says. She's right about them having a fractured or buried sense of self. They are insecure.

People laugh along out of fear usually, even if its just the fear that if they don't they will be the next outcast.

However I will totally admit that probably because of my gut fix being eight, I take a certain sadistic pleasure seeing people get what they deserve.

I hate seeing the weak or innocent abused and my counterphobic six self will go try to beat up the bully. So to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    Bullies often feel justified because they were bullied too. And on it goes...
    I think that not "accepting" such behavior as ok is part of breaking the cycle. Too many teachers as well as kids tell people who have been bullied to just suck it up and deal with it. Thats what creates the problem, the cycle if you will, of unnacceptable behaviors.

Definitely, is this a part of humanity that just has to be accepted I struggle to acknowledge it without some sadness.
    Understandeably so. Im not suggesting you accept this in any moral sense if thats what you mean, but perhaps at a scientific level we can see things objectively, in that case, in a detached manner, without sadness. But it doesnt mean we should accept it in our daily lives or in someone else's. Its like we have a scientific explanation for what causes the flu, which doesnt mean should do nothing about treating it when we get the flu.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    I think that not "accepting" such behavior as ok is part of breaking the cycle. Too many teachers as well as kids tell people who have been bullied to just suck it up and deal with it. Thats what creates the problem, the cycle if you will, of unnacceptable behaviors.
    A lot of people who throw their weight around like that are used to it working. It seems as though in these situations, there's one person initating the behavior, and then there's a group that's falling in line out of fear. It does seem as though a neutral party challenging the initiator can make a big difference, because suddenly the initiator doesn't seem to have so much social power. The followers see him or her as someone who doesn't have as much scary mysterious social power as they thought. Fear recedes.

It's all very tribal and primate-like, looked at this way.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Because it helps us escape from our own weaknesses and we were probably jealous of that persons potential success or in the here in now success

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I do not enjoy the suffering of others, and I loathe that people do, in particular if they flaunt that.

I enjoy it when justice is served, and when things are fair. That is immensely satisfying, but reveling the suffering part, no not at all.

I think people enjoy it because of the eye-for-an-eye mentality, and I just don't relate to it.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes yama liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

I don't when i see someone being bullied or made fun of i often feel powerless and will leave if i can because i want nothing to do with it. if i'm able to step in with out making it worse i will, but generally it makes me feel sick to see it. so i don't participate unless i hate the person and they've done it to me in the past. but most of the time i can't justify it.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISFP

I don't at all ... mostly for selfish reasons lmao. The happier people r around me, the easier and happier my life becomes, happy people r easier to interact with ... therefore, I want everyone around me to be absurdly happy with lives going as close to perfection as possible. But meh ... I also feel like if I can help someone I will try to help regardless of how I feel towards them, it's always like this feeling that ugh someone has to help, I don't know how to describe it ... but all bets are off if any of the above interferes with my nap or snack time.
    "My comrades and my beloved, upon your way you shall meet men with hoofs; give them your wings. And men with horns; give them wreaths of laurel. And men with claws; give them petals for fingers. And men with forked tongues; give them honey words." --Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet
    Likes Opal liked this post