User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where do you keep your mind? Existential thoughts.

5w4 sx

some awesome panel discussions about many stuff including philosophy here:
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar
    We don't keep our mind in our pocket, or our briefcase, and we don't even keep it in our brain, for our mind is not a 'where' but set of relationships.

It makes sense to ask where are the items between the relationship, but the relationship is nowhere, it is a no thing, the only things are those which are related. But the relationship is not a thing and so has no 'where'.
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.
    Click on

And to understand the internet click on

Enter the Maelstrom with Marshall McLuhan by clicking on

Banned Array
    5w6 sx/so

Just check out the epicly awesome links in my amazing signature to see what kinds of grand adventures occupy my supermind!

"In God are present: power, which is the source of everything; knowledge, which contains the details of the ideas; and, finally, will, which changes or produces things in accordance with the principle of the greatest good. To these correspond in the created monad, the subject or basis, the faculty of perception, and the faculty of appetition. In God these attributes are absolutely infinite or perfect, while in the created monads or in the entelechies, they are imitations approaching him in proportion to the perfection." - Gottfried Leibniz

I've alternated between dualism and monism a couple of times. It seems like there's a materialistic sort of monism in which consciousness is more-or-less assumed to be an illusion and is therefore completely forgotten, and a non-materialistic monism in which consciousness and reality are one in the same. In both forms of monism, philosophical distinctions between objects of "differing" substances cease to exist. The end goal of existentialism, regardless of the particular preferences of the individual, is to engage life fully and to relinquish the philosophical distinctions that prevent you from experiencing existence. In order to be a monist, in the truest sense of the term, you would also have to be an existentialist at one point or another.

Everywhere, contained within

I am infinite