• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Everyone Has A Price"?

93JC

Disagree. Some people, people who have nothing to lose, can't be bought.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I disagree.... I mean there are things I would never do regardless.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, though not always a monetary price.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

My answer was going to be agree...but ...that is a pretty unstoppable person

One that has nothing to lose, that is...

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

My answer was going to be agree...but ...that is a pretty unstoppable person

One that has nothing to lose, that is...

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

People who have nothing to lose have everything to gain, so theyre the easiest to be bought.

93JC

People who have nothing to lose have everything to gain, so theyre the easiest to be bought.

I considered that, but I think if you truly have nothing to lose threats become empty and there comes a point where money means nothing to you.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not enough context.

Maybe an unhealthy, broken down person would find themselves in a situation doing something they normally wouldn't for a reward. Like an addict or someone who is desperate for their life or is paranoid and delusional.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I considered that, but I think if you truly have nothing to lose threats become empty and there comes a point where money means nothing to you.
why do i find this interesting? Lol

Yea i guess it can go both ways...

But the answer is still disagree..cause even if theres just one person that cant be bought because they have nothing to lose it voids the argument.

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
Disagree. Quantifying sentient beings with a price tag is dehumanizing and implies that one's worth is tied together with their salary.

So no, it's a disgusting concept.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
To do what? Humiliate yourself on national television? Murder a child?

I would say that I definitely have a price on the former (If it helps me retire comfortably 10 years earlier, of course I'd do it), and do not on the latter. I suspect most people feel the same way -- it depends on what you ask them to do.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe 90% of the population has a price. I think there are those who do not.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
It would depend on the situation and the person. Money is not all there is for 'price', as has been mentioned. If the price is friends and family being hurt that makes it much murkier indeed.. what if it is a person that 'has nothing to lose' but must do something or innocent people are killed... I think there's always some level to lose but it would depend on the skill of the manipulator as to how the game went down.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Depends what the situation is. Will I rejoin the military as a fighter pilot for $200,000? I'd rather die.