User Tag List

First 12345 Last

I definitely disagree.
    I really like cats and food.

Is a sign we live in a very cynical age that more people are agreeing than disagreeing?

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Not necessarily in term of money or stuff, but if someone they love or their own body is threatened, I think there is some point that it is human nature to break. I'm not if that is what it what the OP was talking about or not. Not everyone cares about money.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Leverage can be gained over anyone, as everyone has something they actually care about.

Find that thing and exploit it, and bingo bango, you've got acquiescence. I think a better question for the OP and thread in general would be, what won't you do for money?

Anyone would do anything to save those they care about, so that's kind of a separate thing from what would you do for money (favors, or whatever etc..)

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Leverage can be gained over anyone, as everyone has something they actually care about.

Find that thing and exploit it, and bingo bango, you've got acquiescence. I think a better question for the OP and thread in general would be, what won't you do for money?

Anyone would do anything to save those they care about, so that's kind of a separate thing from what would you do for money (favors, or whatever etc..)
    You really need to get that rusty gun of yours polished old man
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Society

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Not necessarily in term of money or stuff, but if someone they love or their own body is threatened, I think there is some point that it is human nature to break. I'm not if that is what it what the OP was talking about or not. Not everyone cares about money.
    you still depend on the context - a price for what? yes - you could probably get parents to do anything if you threatened their children - but then that "anything" isn't then likely to include harming their own children. the same can be said to any other value - people who would do anything for their country wont have a price for harming their own country, etc.

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

Disagree
    Always forward, never back!

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

My blog in regular blogs

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I disagree. Someone who has nothing to lose has everything to gain. Someone with nothing to gain has everything to lose. Assuming that these two positions apply to everyone, or something in the middle of the two apply to everyone, it would be an absolute statement. I think the people that can't be bought, monetarily or otherwise, are either those with a balanced perspective or those who just quite caring.

For instance; a parent who doesn't care about their child, wouldn't do anything to harm them or to save them, they could remain neutral. Or someone who is suicidal and values nothing in life, be it because of depression, fear, et al... Wouldn't be easily bought because they've already given up.

Another example would be something like people who subscribe to reincarnation or an ideal of an afterlife that holds them morally accountable for things done in this lifetime. They wouldn't be easily bought if something went against their belief system (and this topic denotes going against ones principles, as a person who has a neutral stance wouldn't be being bought, rather paid).

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Yes, though not always a monetary price.
    Yes. And if something exceeds that price, you opt out.
    I N V I C T U S

WhoCares

Agree. People are basically whores to something.