• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Reincarnation: What is it?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Discuss.

Many cultures have records of rebirth and spirits. If anybody has had experiences they would like to share, please do so…

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whys your post so crazy? I mean all the space? Is it to allow us time to think until we get down to the words at the bottom? Haha

And that's funny you started this thread after our conversation haha

But you know what reincarnation is. What are you really meaning to ask?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Whys your post so crazy? I mean all the space? Is it to allow us time to think until we get down to the words at the bottom? Haha

And that's funny you started this thread after our conversation haha

But you know what reincarnation is. What are you really meaning to ask?

I was meaning to ask others about their experiences, then, once I knew I had a captive audience, get some methods for self-regression. I was hoping that if I knew some real memories from others, I could better understand the process myself.

I'm not at the 101 reincarnation level, but I could say I'm learning reincarnation 150…

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was meaning to ask others about their experiences, then, once I knew I had a captive audience, get some methods for self-regression. I was hoping that if I knew some real memories from others, I could better understand the process myself.

I'm not at the 101 reincarnation level, but I could say I'm learning reincarnation 150…
I don't know how likely it is that you can do it on your own. I think you're supposed to be in some sort if hypnotic state where you're disconnected from your present ego state.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know how likely it is that you can do it on your own. I think you're supposed to be in some sort if hypnotic state where you're disconnected from your present ego state.

Darn…
I guess I have to wait until I move out of the house in a few years…

At least I can have a pen pal until then…
I'm still amazed at how much we have in common, except you ended up a little happier and with less death…

I was brought up Hindu and we do believe in reincarnation based on karma. I remember my mom asking my to get her a glass of water once and I made a kind of groaning noise because I didn't want to do it and she scowled at me and told me I'd be reborn as a lizard in my next life and be doomed never to be able to drink because of my unkindness. It was such a terrible image and she said it in the most dire way you can imagine.

Anyway, I don't know if I believe in actual reincarnation. I had a dream once where I died and my spirit gradually became a part of everything in the universe. I woke up once I no longer had any consciousness left of me being me. I like to believe that's what will happen when I die, but honestly, I have no clue what will actually happen.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
There are other threads on this topic and some of its details that you discuss.

I personally put VERY little credibility in hypnotic-like state past life recall. past life memories wouldn't be in the brain because you have a new physical body each time. One would have to access some "reincarnationally deep" portion of one's being. Thats not something some psychotherapist is going to pull out fo you in 30 minutes lying on a couch.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There are other threads on this topic and some of its details that you discuss.

I personally put VERY little credibility in hypnotic-like state past life recall. past life memories wouldn't be in the brain because you have a new physical body each time. One would have to access some "reincarnationally deep" portion of one's being. Thats not something some psychotherapist is going to pull out fo you in 30 minutes lying on a couch.

I guess that sounds reasonable…
I just thought that it was plausible that such a thing could happen…

The more spiritual side of me wants meaning, but the more rational side of me keeps swatting things down. The way I was raised, reincarnation wasn't a thing. I just am trying to explore and develop something I can really put stock in.

I need to know something comforting, that I can also back up logically.

Otherwise, I just have a bunch of possibilities with equal value.

I guess I need something that I can defend with evidence if I get challenged. I guess I need facts and examples to ground an idea and make it more than a simple concept.

I guess I am looking for true metaphysical principles that I can champion and spread throughout the world.

R

Riva

Good point.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't believe there are facts about the afterlife, or at least ones that are known to humanity. Maybe some day they might be, but I kinda doubt it.

I personally believe reincarnation is impossible, except maybe tangentially in the form of atoms that were once mine becomng part of others (which is, and is beautiful).

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't believe there are facts about the afterlife, or at least ones that are known to humanity. Maybe some day they might be, but I kinda doubt it.

I personally believe reincarnation is impossible, except maybe tangentially in the form of atoms that were once mine becomng part of others (which is, and is beautiful).

I suppose it is…

I guess that the thing I'm missing most right now that I really need is passion…

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

all the "theories" that I am familiar with dealing with reincarnation deal with it as a non-physical or beyond-the-physical thing. The Tibetans "track" the souls of various of their highly spiritual leaders across the "death states" [bardo] to locate their where they physically reincarnate. The Tibetan Book of the Dead [Bardo Thodrol] deals in detail with these various after-death-states.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
T

Finally, somebody said it. I am skeptical of people who claim they can help you remember past lives. Seems like a ploy for money.

I guess that sounds reasonable…
I just thought that it was plausible that such a thing could happen…

The more spiritual side of me wants meaning, but the more rational side of me keeps swatting things down. The way I was raised, reincarnation wasn't a thing. I just am trying to explore and develop something I can really put stock in.

I need to know something comforting, that I can also back up logically.

Otherwise, I just have a bunch of possibilities with equal value.

I guess I need something that I can defend with evidence if I get challenged. I guess I need facts and examples to ground an idea and make it more than a simple concept.

I guess I am looking for true metaphysical principles that I can champion and spread throughout the world.

I dont know if you're on the right track. You could start, for example, by seeing beauty and wonder in little things. Thats the first step to spirituality right there:).

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Finally, somebody said it. I am skeptical of people who claim they can help you remember past lives. Seems like a ploy for money.

I dont know if you're on the right track. You could start, for example, by seeing beauty and wonder in little things. Thats the first step to spirituality right there:).

Thank you…
:)

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
example/evidence of reincarnation process:

The death/rebirth of Buck Bundy.

Mole

Permabanned
There is no evidence for reincarnation or astrology or mbti. However we do have evidence there are the gullible who believe in reincarntion, astrology and mbti. And we do have evidence there are manipulators and manipulative institutions who take advantage of the gullible.

Mbti attracts the unhappy, the gullible and the lonely - where do we all come from?

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

There is no evidence for reincarnation or astrology or mbti. However we do have evidence there are the gullible who believe in reincarntion, astrology and mbti. And we do have evidence there are manipulators and manipulative institutions who take advantage of the gullible.

Mbti attracts the unhappy, the gullible and the lonely - where do we all come from?

We come from Penny Lane my dear Mole.