The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SoraMayhem View Post
    I don't believe there are facts about the afterlife, or at least ones that are known to humanity. Maybe some day they might be, but I kinda doubt it.

I personally believe reincarnation is impossible, except maybe tangentially in the form of atoms that were once mine becomng part of others (which is, and is beautiful).
    I suppose it is…

I guess that the thing I'm missing most right now that I really need is passion…

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by SoraMayhem View Post
    I don't believe there are facts about the afterlife, or at least ones that are known to humanity. Maybe some day they might be, but I kinda doubt it.

I personally believe reincarnation is impossible, except maybe tangentially in the form of atoms that were once mine becomng part of others (which is, and is beautiful).
    all the "theories" that I am familiar with dealing with reincarnation deal with it as a non-physical or beyond-the-physical thing. The Tibetans "track" the souls of various of their highly spiritual leaders across the "death states" [bardo] to locate their where they physically reincarnate. The Tibetan Book of the Dead [Bardo Thodrol] deals in detail with these various after-death-states.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    T

I personally put VERY little credibility in hypnotic-like state past life recall. past life memories wouldn't be in the brain because you have a new physical body each time. One would have to access some "reincarnationally deep" portion of one's being. Thats not something some psychotherapist is going to pull out fo you in 30 minutes lying on a couch.
    Finally, somebody said it. I am skeptical of people who claim they can help you remember past lives. Seems like a ploy for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I guess that sounds reasonable…
    I just thought that it was plausible that such a thing could happen…

The more spiritual side of me wants meaning, but the more rational side of me keeps swatting things down. The way I was raised, reincarnation wasn't a thing. I just am trying to explore and develop something I can really put stock in.

I need to know something comforting, that I can also back up logically.

Otherwise, I just have a bunch of possibilities with equal value.

I guess I need something that I can defend with evidence if I get challenged. I guess I need facts and examples to ground an idea and make it more than a simple concept.

I guess I am looking for true metaphysical principles that I can champion and spread throughout the world.
    I dont know if you're on the right track. You could start, for example, by seeing beauty and wonder in little things. Thats the first step to spirituality right there.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Finally, somebody said it. I am skeptical of people who claim they can help you remember past lives. Seems like a ploy for money.

I dont know if you're on the right track. You could start, for example, by seeing beauty and wonder in little things. Thats the first step to spirituality right there.
    Thank you…

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

My Kundalini yoga instructor says he has lived millions of lives...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    My Kundalini yoga instructor says he has lived millions of lives...
    millions?? that's insane yo
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Read the Tibetan Book of the Dead.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Default example/evidence of reincarnation process:

The death/rebirth of Buck Bundy.

03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

There is no evidence for reincarnation or astrology or mbti. However we do have evidence there are the gullible who believe in reincarntion, astrology and mbti. And we do have evidence there are manipulators and manipulative institutions who take advantage of the gullible.

Mbti attracts the unhappy, the gullible and the lonely - where do we all come from?

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    There is no evidence for reincarnation or astrology or mbti. However we do have evidence there are the gullible who believe in reincarntion, astrology and mbti. And we do have evidence there are manipulators and manipulative institutions who take advantage of the gullible.

Mbti attracts the unhappy, the gullible and the lonely - where do we all come from?
    We come from Penny Lane my dear Mole.