• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do ISTP philosophers like 'breaking the rules'?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not saying I'm an ISTP, but I'm at least wondering if ISTPs would relate to the following:

God’s Existential Game is a mental hologram of his mind and since the mind is free to think any thought of its desire through sheer force of mental willpower one as powerful as God could hack the very architecture and the very codifications of the Existential Game and reorganize it into an entirely altered system of his grand design. The implications of being able to hack and manipulate the Existential Game at will are absolutely staggering. This means that one could break the very laws of creation and rewrite them anew. In essence it would be as if we are programming a computer simulation or entering cheat codes into a video game. If we are to one day achieve infinite mastery of creation then the power to program the Existential Game may be the greatest goal and the steepest step in achieving this almighty accomplishment. On the flip side perhaps we can only command nature to the extent that we first must obey her laws. We cannot however consciously obey and ultimately alter laws that we do not completely comprehend. A little more knowledge may light our way. To understand all of these laws in all of their intricate complexities would be our first footsteps to unraveling the secrets of creation.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think all good philosophers like "breaking the rules". It seems like breaking the rules is a way of challenging accepted beleifs as well as limitations that constraint us. This is true of philosophers, scientists, inventors, etc.