User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: feminism

Permabanned

Default feminism

What does having hairy arm pits and hairy legs have to do with feminism I fail to see this.

MBTI
    yupp

it expresses freedom. that is all.i prefer smooth skin on myself personally, but it's about the option to choose.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    What does having hairy arm pits and hairy legs have to do with feminism I fail to see this.
    I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume it's a simple, nonverbal statement combating standards of beauty imposed upon women.
    Perhaps these women never liked the time it takes to remove body hair, or people's negative reactions when they refused to conform. Staying hairy might be more comfortable for them, & an opportunity to say 'fuck you' to those who find it offensive.

(personally I always hated body hair on myself, but if hippies or feminists [or whoever] wanna be fuzzy, good for them)

My hippie friend doesn't shave (she trims sometimes, apparently). She's a lazy INTP; it's not for a cause, or anything. She's happy that way, & her boyfriend doesn't care (she wouldn't care if he did).

I found it extremely amusing when we went to an amusement park last summer, & these teenage boys in line were overtly checking her out.. she was oblivious, just talking, etc. She did a big stretch upward with her arms at one point, displaying her tufts- & the boys went from horny to horrified in seconds.
    I could imagine other people getting a kick out of that^ sort of shock value, in of itself, & being motivated to grow their own, ha.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INTJ

I think if you'd put forth your understanding of what does qualify as feminism we'd have a way easier time of this.

But to answer your question:

The expectation of women to shave their arms and legs while men are expected not to betrays an unrealistic understanding of femininity. In other words the standards for women as demonstrated by those norms are not derived from the natural state of a woman. Instead, they're drawn from some other ideal which while it may be desirable for any number of reasons (pedophilia) is not a natural human female.

Now you might say men are expected to shave their beards but it's certainly not considered contrary to masculinity to grow a beard. However when a woman allows her body to do its thing she's considered less of what she is a living example of.
    wails from the crypt.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    it expresses freedom. that is all.i prefer smooth skin on myself personally, but it's about the option to choose.
    There is no direct link to having hairy pits and legs to women's freedom it's silly to think you are leading or promoting feminism by not shaving.

MBTI
    yupp

There is no direct link to having hairy pits and legs to women's freedom it's silly to think you are leading or promoting feminism by not shaving.
    actually you are. think about it, in the 50s and before the husband controlled what his wife looked like or at least was more common back then. so it's going fuck you to men, i'm not gonna shave. because men don't have to shave their faces, the look nicer. but society isn't barfing on themselves, because what we've perceived as disgusting, is a natural part of a woman's body. we're actually going against evolution.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTJ

is jixmix a guy or a girl?

not that I (obviously) don't think men should be able to talk about this stuff I just want to know if she/he is trying to keep the hair off her legs or off his quarry's.
    wails from the crypt.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    is jixmix a guy or a girl?

not that I (obviously) don't think men should be able to talk about this stuff I just want to know if she/he is trying to keep the hair off her legs or off his quarry's.
    Obviously male. Or at least giving a very good impression of (a sexist) one. To answer the op, fer real? do you not understand symbolism?

Also...
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    actually you are. think about it, in the 50s and before the husband controlled what his wife looked like or at least was more common back then. so it's going fuck you to men, i'm not gonna shave. because men don't have to shave their faces, the look nicer. but society isn't barfing on themselves, because what we've perceived as disgusting, is a natural part of a woman's body. we're actually going against evolution.
    Would you like a guy with a hairy back or chest? Isn't the trend now days for both men and women to shave? I don't think real feminism comes from not shaving I think the real feminists out there are the ones who push themselves out of stereotypical roles. Like being pioneers in math and science, joining the military, being a CEO for a major corporation etc. IMO These are the true feminists, not some dumbo who decides to not shave their armpits and their legs and thinks they are starting a feminist movement.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Obviously male. Or at least giving a very good impression of (a sexist) one. To answer the op, fer real? do you not understand symbolism?

Also...
    God I love how stupid your assumptions are, it makes me cry(laugh).