• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

feminism

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
It doesn't matter if it's likely or unlikely it has nothing to do with feminism my point is you are just making mockery of feminism and what feminists both male and female stand for.

How so?

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Do you know what they might do in their spare time to support their movement, if they feel that strongly about it? It seems like you're possibly jumping to conclusions. Feminist chicks being hairy aren't all saying that quality makes them a feminist. It's just an outward nonverbal/symbolic expression of it, to some. Expression's only one dimension of how people go about challenging norms, etc. It's not meant to be looked at in such obtuse absolutes, I don't think. I'm only making guesses, here. I'd listen to the feminists here like Ivy, before making assumptions about what motivates a group of people as a whole.

I'm no feminist, and most I've known were quite extreme in their beliefs, I couldn't take them seriously (honestly I don't give a shit about their cause, at least not in the USA)- but I give the benefit of the doubt, regarding their personal drives, expression, overall competence. It almost looks like your mind is already made up, though.

True feminism is about equal rights for both men and women which I am all for. But I can go into how retarded and extreme some of these feminists think but that will start a whole other debate.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
True feminism is about equal rights for both men and women which I am all for. But I can go into how retarded and extreme some of these feminists think but that will start a whole other debate.

why do you care so much. it's not effecting you.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Seriously. What do you care what people do with their own body hair? That's sort of proving their point for them.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Seriously. What do you care what people do with their own body hair? That's sort of proving their point for them.

I don't care I'm just pointing out that there is no connection between not shaving and feminism yet many people think there is.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't care I'm just pointing out that there is no connection between not shaving and feminism yet many people think there is.

There is a connection between not giving a fuck what guys think of your leg hair and feminism, though.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Literally all we know about these people is that they claim to be feminists and they don't shave, and for some reason that matters to you.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
How am I suppose to prove to you they are feminist, they claim to be feminist what other proof do I need from them?

i meant prove that they aren't feminist, because you said they claimed to be "feminist" implying you didn't believe the

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

So I mean.. you do realize how many people get quite revolted by the idea of women having armpit hair, right?
Sure, it's superficial, it seems minor, but I guess if you really think about it- men's body hair is still more socially acceptable in general. Yeah, more men are into hair removal these days, but a lot still aren't. Men can even grow beards & go to the office.

A lot of guys (outside the hippie/dork community) have looked really grossed out by my friend when she's in sleeveless shirts. She doesn't notice, but I see the reactions. They react that way because they're accustomed to seeing women without it. They're conditioned to expect women to be hairless.

Some women take issue with that expectation, as well as others. So not feeding an expectation they don't personally buy into kinda makes sense, doesn't it?

Like I said, there are always obnoxious, kind of ignorant extremists within any group. I assume the only people who might even remotely be like MY BUSH IS HUGE F U MEN YAAAAAY FEMINISM!!!! are probably adolescents/young. In which case, who gives a fuck? Young people do lots of silly shit when trying to figure out who they are. Let it go.

I dunno, overall it seems like you're making a mountain out of a molehill. Not trying to invalidate your perspective, just saying it seems like you're making irrational sweeping judgments based on limited data.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ

Dude you really need to read a book.

It's obvious you're not going to listen to anybody.

Please don't start threads just to rant like an idiot.

What happened did you lose an argument in real life?

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Dude you really need to read a book.

It's obvious you're not going to listen to anybody.

Please don't start threads just to rant like an idiot.

What happened did you lose an argument in real life?
You're just mad that all feminists don't look like Chubacca.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have you guys ever been to Europe? lots of non feminists women don't shave are you serious? and you call me closed minded?

It's still generally not considered acceptable/attractive for women to forego shaving in the USA, though. If people are challenging that here by doing what they want- what's the big deal?