User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 62

Thread: feminism

  1. #31
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Literally all we know about these people is that they claim to be feminists and they don't shave, and for some reason that matters to you.

  2. #32
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    How am I suppose to prove to you they are feminist, they claim to be feminist what other proof do I need from them?
    i meant prove that they aren't feminist, because you said they claimed to be "feminist" implying you didn't believe the
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  3. #33
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    True feminism is about equal rights for both men and women which I am all for. But I can go into how retarded and extreme some of these feminists think but that will start a whole other debate.
    So I mean.. you do realize how many people get quite revolted by the idea of women having armpit hair, right?
    Sure, it's superficial, it seems minor, but I guess if you really think about it- men's body hair is still more socially acceptable in general. Yeah, more men are into hair removal these days, but a lot still aren't. Men can even grow beards & go to the office.

    A lot of guys (outside the hippie/dork community) have looked really grossed out by my friend when she's in sleeveless shirts. She doesn't notice, but I see the reactions. They react that way because they're accustomed to seeing women without it. They're conditioned to expect women to be hairless.

    Some women take issue with that expectation, as well as others. So not feeding an expectation they don't personally buy into kinda makes sense, doesn't it?


    Like I said, there are always obnoxious, kind of ignorant extremists within any group. I assume the only people who might even remotely be like MY BUSH IS HUGE F U MEN YAAAAAY FEMINISM!!!! are probably adolescents/young. In which case, who gives a fuck? Young people do lots of silly shit when trying to figure out who they are. Let it go.

    I dunno, overall it seems like you're making a mountain out of a molehill. Not trying to invalidate your perspective, just saying it seems like you're making irrational sweeping judgments based on limited data.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

  4. #34
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    There is a connection between not giving a fuck what guys think of your leg hair and feminism, though.
    No their isn't....lol

  5. #35
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    No their isn't....lol
    if you say so
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  6. #36
    Branded with Satan murkrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    1,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    True feminism is about equal rights for both men and women which I am all for. But I can go into how retarded and extreme some of these feminists think but that will start a whole other debate.
    Dude you really need to read a book.

    It's obvious you're not going to listen to anybody.

    Please don't start threads just to rant like an idiot.

    What happened did you lose an argument in real life?
    wails from the crypt.

  7. #37
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    No their isn't....lol
    Sure their [sic] is.

  8. #38
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    Dude you really need to read a book.

    It's obvious you're not going to listen to anybody.

    Please don't start threads just to rant like an idiot.

    What happened did you lose an argument in real life?
    You're just mad that all feminists don't look like Chubacca.

  9. #39
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    if you say so
    Have you guys ever been to Europe? lots of non feminist women don't shave are you serious? and you call me closed minded?

  10. #40
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Have you guys ever been to Europe? lots of non feminists women don't shave are you serious? and you call me closed minded?
    It's still generally not considered acceptable/attractive for women to forego shaving in the USA, though. If people are challenging that here by doing what they want- what's the big deal?
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Similar Threads

  1. Works of fiction and feminism
    By Viridian in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 09-21-2011, 10:29 PM
  2. Feminism and WW2
    By nolla in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 03:08 AM
  3. To those who identify with some aspect(s) of feminism....
    By Qre:us in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 194
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 06:47 PM
  4. Conservative Feminism?
    By Eileen in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 01:10 AM
  5. Feminism
    By GZA in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 07:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO