• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

No Cell Phone

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'd probably have the thing surgically implanted, but with a very sophisticated screening program. My family could tweet each others' brains. It would be cool except for when my older son sent me those ten hour long intentionally repetitive youtubes he likes to prank me with. FWIW, schools now seem expect parents to be reachable at all times. They don't think it's funny when they can't.

93JC

:shrug:

I have a 'dumb' phone, hence I don't have any 'apps' nor GPS navigation. I don't have a Facebook or Twitter account, or anything else of the sort. I use it to make and receive telephone calls and text messages.

I wouldn't give it up because it's the only phone I have (unless you count my office phone). "Giving it up" wouldn't be a 'relief', it would be a colossal pain in the ass.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cell phones are evil because the government can track people with them!

I, for one, will avoid getting one of those death traps in favor of my own personal security!

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Fan of the phone

Also Google McMaps
Think the pc is dead like me?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't use my cell phone a whole lot but I'm definitely keeping mine. It comes in handy during emergencies and it also serves as another way to get Internet when I go places without having to haul my laptop.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
It would be very impractical for me to give up my cell phone. Unfortunately, I heavily rely on other family members for transportation.

I don't view my cell phone as a leash like many of you do. Maybe it's just the beauty of not being close to many people, but I don't feel the need to constantly socialize with any of them.

But I suppose I've come to rely on my phone a bit too much for entertainment...

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I depend on the thing for work. Good probably outweighs the bad. When I quit working, I am sure I will use it less. Dont carry it with me much on weekends.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I deactivated my smart phone two years ago, the same time I deleted my facebook. The only people who had a problem with it are the ones who can't reach me anymore.

: )

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I never really cared much about cell phones and definitely didn't see the need to get a 'smart' one, until my relationship turned long-distance, then I loved having a smartphone with 24/7 access to the internet :wubbie: