User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default Let's assume for a second that there is an intelligence that created the universe

who/what created that, and is it possible to create something from nothing, because if you think about it you can go ad infintum. So please no arguments whether or not God exists, I don't give a crap about that for this purpose. I'm just curious if you think it's possible that God has a creator, or if he is the end all beyond, and we're just low on a ladder of hierachy of existence and planes and god though we see him as supreme being is also not that far up on the hierachy where does it end?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Society

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I'm just curious if you think it's possible that God has a creator
    one possibility i've seen put forth in the psat:
    consider that an entity built by a civilization much like our own reaches supreme intelligence levels in a universe much like our own. that entity, originating from a social creature (well, social enough to have a civilization), would very much like finding out what other entities like itself might thinks, so it might socialize and get the occasional cybering. one possible solution for that is to send messages everywhere and see if anyone answers, and it might just do that. but while it waits, those messages are going out in light speed, which in the great scheme of things is really fucking slow, and it has no idea if it will ever get an answer.
    so in the meantime, or perhaps as a safer alternative, it thinks and realizes it's goal was to find entities like itself, meaning it doesn't have to be entities that are actually out there, it could also be entities which might be there.
    so it starts running a lot of simulations of the universe and trying out different civilizations that might end up building different kind of entities, because on this level creating imaginary friends can very well be faster than finding them. now, let's say their are other entities who are doing the same thing. that means that in this universe which is much like our own there are many other universe's. in fact this can happen in any number of universes, which mean that for every universe there are many other universes within it (possibly within the simulated universes). meaning there are more virtual universes than genuine ones, and if you don't know in which kind you are, there's a better chance that you are in a virtual one then that you are in a real one. a virtual universe - meaning that some entity created it, and quite possibly some entity created the universe that gave rise to that entity that created your universe, and so on and so forth.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    one possibility i've seen put forth in the psat:
    consider that an entity built by a civilization much like our own reaches supreme intelligence levels in a universe much like our own. that entity, originating from a social creature (well, social enough to have a civilization), would very much like finding out what other entities like itself might thinks, so it might socialize and get the occasional cybering. one possible solution for that is to send messages everywhere and see if anyone answers, and it might just do that. but while it waits, those messages are going out in light speed, which in the great scheme of things is really fucking slow, and it has no idea if it will ever get an answer.
    so in the meantime, or perhaps as a safer alternative, it thinks and realizes it's goal was to find entities like itself, meaning it doesn't have to be entities that are actually out there, it could also be entities which might be there.
    so it starts running a lot of simulations of the universe and trying out different civilizations that might end up building different kind of entities, because on this level creating imaginary friends can very well be faster than finding them. now, let's say their are other entities who are doing the same thing. that means that in this universe which is much like our own there are many other universe's. in fact this can happen in any number of universes, which mean that for every universe there are many other universes within it (possibly within the simulated universes). meaning there are more virtual universes than genuine ones, and if you don't know in which kind you are, there's a better chance that you are in a virtual one then that you are in a real one. a virtual universe - meaning that some entity created it, and quite possibly some entity created the universe that gave rise to that entity that created your universe, and so on and so forth.
    this is exactly how i feel when i play the sims
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

this is the big unanswerable question isn't it...i mean...how can something just be?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Being and Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    this is the big unanswerable question isn't it...i mean...how can something just be?
    A totally fascinating question, first asked by the Ancient Greeks and later addressed by Martin Heidegger in his book, "Being and Time".

MBTI
    yupp

yeah, i suppose so. but people also try to prove the existence of god/no existence of god, which at this point can't be proven nor disproven, that's why it's called faith
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yep
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

WALMART

eternal perpetuation

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    952 sp/sx

I think you can create something out of nothing provided the sum of all somethings which you create, add up to nothing.

This requirement does not only extend to matter and energy, but also to time. If you create time, you need to compensate with an equal amount of anti time.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I don't think we have the ability to completely 'visualize' the higher levels, but we have little clues here and there in the world of our own that can kind of guide our ascension to whatever comes next. Some theorize how advanced civilizations may already be in contact with some of these places, like in the negative matter or etheric realm of existence and such. If we want to grow enough to reach that point however, we must realize that our quest starts here.

Terence McKenna - Aliens and Archetypes