User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

all i know is that our universe is made up of about 96% dark matter and no one knows what the hell that is.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    I don't think we have the ability to completely 'visualize' the higher levels, but we have little clues here and there in the world of our own that can kind of guide our ascension to whatever comes next. Some theorize how advanced civilizations may already be in contact with some of these places, like in the negative matter or etheric realm of existence and such. If we want to grow enough to reach that point however, we must realize that our quest starts here.

Terence McKenna - Aliens and Archetypes
    yeah...to me...it makes sense that we just lack the intellectual/ physical ability to perceive the "truth"

like...we can't even see all the colors in the spectrum....

we're limited...most of us... to 5 senses.

etc
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    who/what created that, and is it possible to create something from nothing, because if you think about it you can go ad infintum. So please no arguments whether or not God exists, I don't give a crap about that for this purpose. I'm just curious if you think it's possible that God has a creator, or if he is the end all beyond, and we're just low on a ladder of hierachy of existence and planes and god though we see him as supreme being is also not that far up on the hierachy where does it end?
    Yeah, the be all and end all.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

*starts rambling*

Time is a concept. It has not beginning, it has no end.

Space is infinite, not just in size, but also in concepts such as time.

Both those statements are relatively easy to understand and even if we do not posess the means to prove either, they seem irrefutable logic statements.

Matter and energy are the odd balls. Even if both above statements are true, it does not explain matter and energy. There'd just be an infinite space existing infinitely.

But there's the catch, can infinite space exist without anything in it? An infinite true vaccuum? It is illogical. If there is no form of matter or energy to support the infinite structure of space, logic would assume that space would collapse in on itself, and that is yet another paradox, because space is infinite and it cannot collapse for that would assume there is something outside of space. But there isn't, because there can't be anything beyond something that is already infinite.

If there was a big bang, it also makes you wonder. What factor decided the location of the big bang. Considering that there is a center in our known universe (which is basicly semi proven from the fact constallations drift apart from one and other), it goes against the thought of space being infinite. In infinity, there is no center.

If mass and energy are the inevitable result to prevent the impossibility of space collapsing in on itself, a single particle with infinitely reducing but never hitting 0 magnetic influence would be enough to support the infinite structure of space, yet we have millions of stars. Matter and energy are abundant, but neither infinite or simplistic in nature.

A mystery indeed.

Even if the known universe was created by intelligent design. That intelligent design had to be created as well, there has to be a beginning somewhere.

But we know that there are no beginnings when it comes to infinity. And even though infinite space must always exist (as it is infinite), it is logical to assume it can not exist without substance. Therefor matter or energy must be infinite, even though we know it not to be.

The best explanation I personally can come up with is a lack of dimensional perception.

This leaves the question open to millions of possibilities. Perhaps the universe moves in a circular fashion, and we have all existed an infinite times before and will exist infinite times more in the future in other creations of our known universe. Or whatever you can come up with.

So, if I was to assume that intelligent life created the universe. I automatically assume that the same conundrum we find ourselves in, also applies to said intelligent life.

*stops rambling*
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

The Intelligent Predator

The only intelligent life we know has been selected by nature.

And nature has selected a predator.

So we might assume that if there is an intelligence that created the universe, they are a predator like us.

After all, we are created in the image and likeness of God, and we are predators.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    all i know is that our universe is made up of about 96% dark matter and no one knows what the hell that is.
    Some space organizations mention that it is dark energy which pushes things away.