User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post

Was merely pointing out that things of a sexual nature this member expressed morals against are just as prominent in Dubai as anyplace else- there's no "escaping" it. Just an offhand comment. I wasn't referring to Muslim gangs sexually assaulting children, though. /shrug
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Was merely pointing out that things of a sexual nature this member expressed morals against are just as prominent in Dubai as anyplace else- there's no "escaping" it. Just an offhand comment. I wasn't referring to Muslim gangs sexually assaulting children, though. /shrug
    Ok, here's my real take on the OP beyond the thought of her naked bum.

Christians are not presently committing great crimes against humanity. To consider joining a Christian church is therefore not to sanction evil. Of course they will point out that Christians - at one time - caused the death of 2000 heretics. It was called the Crusades. But that was over a long period of time 500 years ago, and it was nothing like 3000 people dead in a single act of carnage.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    She could also become Amish, and remain Christian.

There are ways to get the more ascetic, structured form of religion she seems to desperately want without this more extreme conversion.
    Yes, precisely, this is my point. Convert to what your heart is calling you to be--not what looks good from the outside. Work your way into a religion. There's many subtle aspects of religion that wears on a person when they convert, it's not a good idea to make a drastic change without having extensively experienced things from an outsider working in.

The scripts and what people do are two different things. Christianity is a beautiful religion, and it's created beautiful lives out of people who would have otherwise pissed them away. But that doesn't mean people are all reading things and thinking the same way. Christians have extremists just like any other religion.

A religion should call to you. Nothing but the scripts should make you decide what is right for you. No amount of good people, bad people, extremists, or apathetic followers should sway the decision. What you feel is true in your heart is all that matters--everything else can be fixed with adjustment, patience, and active searching.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbyagain View Post
    I actually agree with you on that. I feel like Muslims are more respectful towards women. But I will say that I don't think Iraqi men treat women like dirt anymore than many other Muslims. I was there for a year.

Thanks for the rest of the advice. That's true.
    No no. Islam is very respectful towards women. Muslims tend to not be. At least, not in the modern, feminist sense of things. If they followed scripture more closely, they would definitely be one of the kinder religions for women. Muslim women are some of the most patient people I've ever come across. I have no idea how they deal with that sort of thing. I'd have high tailed it long ago, and left the men throwing their dickbeaters at each other instead of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Holy crap, are you kidding me. (also, good call, @Riva)

In that case, absolutely never assume that a man who has the power to get away with having other wives wouldn't go for it just because he once said so. That's not how things work.
    Yeah.. I had a conversation with some Djibs about why they marry multiple women. They said that Islam law states that divorce is so severe that it's just easier to re-marry, or multi-marry, than to divorce and marry a whole new person.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    No no. Islam is very respectful towards women. Muslims tend to not be. At least, not in the modern, feminist sense of things. If they followed scripture more closely, they would definitely be one of the kinder religions for women. Muslim women are some of the most patient people I've ever come across. I have no idea how they deal with that sort of thing. I'd have high tailed it long ago, and left the men throwing their dickbeaters at each other instead of me.
    Thank you for your advice. I will disagree that taking a more matriarchal role or covering your hair is abusive if that is what you are referring to, but to each is their own. I just think you need to know that many women want to.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Ok, here's my real take on the OP beyond the thought of her naked bum.

Christians are not presently committing great crimes against humanity. To consider joining a Christian church is therefore not to sanction evil. Of course they will point out that Christians - at one time - caused the death of 2000 heretics. It was called the Crusades. But that was over a long period of time 500 years ago, and it was nothing like 3000 people dead in a single act of carnage.
    No sin is any better or worse than another. I don't see killing any worse than being alive yet numb and dead at the same time. For example, I don't see your apparently sexually offensive treatment any better or worse. Sexual offense, language, assault; it all adds up and fuels each other.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

No sin is any better or worse than another. I don't see killing any worse than being alive yet numb and dead at the same time. For example, I don't see your apparently sexually offensive treatment any better or worse. Sexual offense, language, assault; it all adds up and fuels each other.
    Wow, just wow....

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Pretty sure some members here posted pics of prostitutes just hanging out around Dubai.

Sex sells, kiddo. Everywhere.

Jokes aside, I'll reply to your 1st post:

Sure we're social creatures, but what's the point of externalizing yourself to this degree? Stay true to what you believe. You apparently didn't have much of an issue with your faith until you saw people claiming to hold the same convictions act hypocritically. To allow the deeds of others to shake your convictions seems rather weak-minded, imo. I'm not trying to insult you- I just figure if you hold on even still to elements of your Christianity, your heart's trying to tell you something.

Honestly, I think it's better to be authentic to your own beliefs- even at the cost of not feeling a sense of "community" amongst your peers, than to question them because others don't practice what they preach. It just sounds fearful, needy, and jaded. If it matters enough to you to truly walk with your God, then your peers shouldn't matter to the degree you question your core beliefs, should they..? I mean, you haven't even read the Quran, but you're willing to convert already just because it looks like others are getting a lot out of it because they behave a particular way you like? Doesn't seem like you're thinking for yourself, at all. And like I said, if you're still holding on to your beliefs about Christ being the son of God.. then maybe your "self" - your "soul" - is trying to tell you something.

Note, that I'm athiest, but I'm respectful of [and have a fair grasp on various] religious people's belief systems.. providing they actually are thinking for themselves, not seeking a herd to follow just to avoid the pain of being alone. Something so deeply important as your faith, your purpose in life & the destiny of your infinite soul shouldn't rely on the actions of others, should it?

Whatever you choose, I wish you luck, & I hope you find whatever you seek in the end- within yourself.
    So because somebody here posts pics of supposed prostitutes in Dubai, that makes the case that the sex in Dubai is just as common or more common in the U.S.?

I am not switching religions out of fear. I am considering doing it, because I know I am healthier when I have people of the same goals and understanding as me. Like you said, we are social creatures.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Why?

I'm just witnessing scenes of common, daily life there. It's not a big deal, it's common knowledge. When I discuss with my muslim friends, everybody acknowledges it -mostly because they want to change this!-...
    Exactly, it's no big deal to them because they are used to that being at that level, in their environment and the people who are not happy with it are wanting change.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Ok, I am now over being stunned by your belief in what is in fact a CHRISTIAN tenet that all sins are the same.

Now I will leave you with a couple quotes I found online from Muslims:

"If all sins were the same then there would be only one level of Hell and we know that this is not the case."

"There are different types and degrees of sins.
    Minor sins.
    Major sins.
    Sins that take one out of the fold of Islam.
    Sins that are punishable by the Islamic government."

So in order to avoid conflict with your fundamental Christian beliefs, I recommend NOT becoming a Muslim.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

So because somebody here posts pics of supposed prostitutes in Dubai, that makes the case that the sex in Dubai is just as common or more common in the U.S.?
    From what I've heard from a few residents there, yes. But I was making a joke, really. I don't care enough about the sex industry one way or the other to really pay that much attention to it.

I am not switching religions out of fear. I am considering doing it, because I know I am healthier when I have people of the same goals and understanding as me. Like you said, we are social creatures.
    I think it's definitely good to have support from those around you, & I hope you find that. I mentioned the element of fear involved because you sounded quite desperate in your first post. Desperation is a fearful response.

Either way, good luck in your search.

03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.