User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Newbyagain View Post
    Okay, this is getting more and more ridiculous.
    Why?

I'm just witnessing scenes of common, daily life there. It's not a big deal, it's common knowledge. When I discuss with my muslim friends, everybody acknowledges it -mostly because they want to change this!-...

...except the fanatics or the delusionals of course!

Do you live a bubble, alone in your wide mansion? Do you never go out?

Why do you think the Arab spring occured, tell me? Because most young Arabs are fed up with these forms of repeated abuse or with the current social class system, whether they are "institutionalized" (and hence deemed "acceptable") or not. Who commit rapes is a good indicator of social unbalances. In Egypt for instance, most rapes were committed by the military or Muslim brotherhood sympathizers.
    So the young generation wants justice, they want a fair justice for everybody, including women, and I understand them.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I definitely wont become Amish or the other similar one. That to me seems like it would be an even bigger lifestyle change.
    Between your two replies to me, I don't know how else to say this but... you seem very ignorant about religion in general. Only certain branches of the Protestant church encourage this very individual interpretation of the Bible, and you could become Catholic if you want a very theological and historic and guided interpretation of the Bible (honestly in some cases I think this is more relevant, myself).

You're saying you want "rules" but you don't want to go live on an Amish farm.

On the other hand, you're saying you don't know much about Islam, either.

I'm not sure if you're trolling, but Catholicism is a less individual interpretation of Christianity, and being Hare Krisha or Amish would be more regimented and community oriented forms of faith that are relatively peaceful; Amish women also dress modestly and cover their heads like many Muslim women do.

It doesn't make sense for you to be Muslim if you don't even understand their theology but are just attracted to the strictness or community, which you can indeed find in some Christian churches.

There are still Catholic women who cover their heads to pray.

Also, you should know that there are both Sunni and Shi'ite Muslims, as well as the large difference between the violent misogynist interpretations of Islam in Afghanistan versus peaceful Islam in Malaysia or Morocco.

People are people the world over. Don't expect anyone to take you in and nestle you in some safe warm community just because they're Muslim. It's more likely that you'll pray together on Fridays (or more frequently if that's what floats your boat) and get to know a few people in a more informal context (like you would in a bible study group) and that's about it. There might be some communities that are more close knit than others, but I see no indications that Muslim communities, on average, are tighter than Christian communities.

Then again, I have never participated deeply or wanted to participate in a religious community so my observations are all from the outside.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Okay, this is getting more and more ridiculous.

None of this is more ridiculous than someone who says they believe Jesus is the Son of God and the Holy Redeemer and admits ignorance about Muslim theology saying they want to convert to Islam for the rules and community.

I am baffled why you wouldn't look to Catholicism first, and then if ruling that out as not a strict enough community for you, not looking to a very insular Christian community like the Mennonites (Amish).

All Muslims are not the same any more than all Christians are the same. There are interpretations there too, and frankly if you're actually doing this to worship God, you should do it because of a theology you are familiar and comfortable with or that resonates with your soul (kind of like what Kyuuei said about the holy book speaking to you) ...not because it looks super regimented or like a tighter knit community.

ReflecTcelfeR

I know Muslims believe he was a prophet, but I don't want to make the mistake of denouncing that he was the son of God if he really was.
    This is the crux of your issue and the answer will not be found by asking another person; this shouldn't be left for another person to answer anyway.

It is a leap of faith and will always be as such.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

But I don't see strip clubs on every corner in Dubai.
    You'd get away from all the stuff you're complaining about also if you lived with the Amish. No strip clubs there.

Or if you became Catholic, and decided against marriage, you could go to a convent and also be separate from the world.

Sniffles

Community and fellowship are important aspects to one's spiritual life, in part because it's an important part of human nature. Man is a social animal, and after the commandant Love God comes the commandant Love thy neighbor. So your concern is legitimate, yet your proposed solution to the issue may not be. Changing religions maybe a valid option if God is truly calling you to that path. If he isn't, then perhaps it's not for you. You still seem to think of Christ as the Incarnated Son of God, in other words the Christian understanding of Christ's nature. So you possibly already given indications of where your heart truly lies, you just want a sense of fellowship to be apart of. Fair enough, but you can certainly find plenty of community within Christianity if you truly look for it. You don't need to convert to Islam to necessarily find it.

Open your heart to God and trust his guidance. He knows best.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

But I don't see strip clubs on every corner in Dubai.
    Pretty sure some members here posted pics of prostitutes just hanging out around Dubai.

Sex sells, kiddo. Everywhere.

Jokes aside, I'll reply to your 1st post:

Sure we're social creatures, but what's the point of externalizing yourself to this degree? Stay true to what you believe. You apparently didn't have much of an issue with your faith until you saw people claiming to hold the same convictions act hypocritically. To allow the deeds of others to shake your convictions seems rather weak-minded, imo. I'm not trying to insult you- I just figure if you hold on even still to elements of your Christianity, your heart's trying to tell you something.

Honestly, I think it's better to be authentic to your own beliefs- even at the cost of not feeling a sense of "community" amongst your peers, than to question them because others don't practice what they preach. It just sounds fearful, needy, and jaded. If it matters enough to you to truly walk with your God, then your peers shouldn't matter to the degree you question your core beliefs, should they..? I mean, you haven't even read the Quran, but you're willing to convert already just because it looks like others are getting a lot out of it because they behave a particular way you like? Doesn't seem like you're thinking for yourself, at all. And like I said, if you're still holding on to your beliefs about Christ being the son of God.. then maybe your "self" - your "soul" - is trying to tell you something.

Note, that I'm athiest, but I'm respectful of [and have a fair grasp on various] religious people's belief systems.. providing they actually are thinking for themselves, not seeking a herd to follow just to avoid the pain of being alone. Something so deeply important as your faith, your purpose in life & the destiny of your infinite soul shouldn't rely on the actions of others, should it?

Whatever you choose, I wish you luck, & I hope you find whatever you seek in the end- within yourself.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    How do you feel about multiple wives?
    I know you didn't ask me. But I feel it's unfair to women. Just as it's unfair that female Muslims don't have 72 male virgins waiting for them in Heaven.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Pretty sure some members here posted pics of prostitutes just hanging out around Dubai.
    Relevance?

http://www.checkthepulse.com/2013/05...-probe-at.html
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”