User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 202

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Christianity, Voodoo and Islam entrance their followers so they no longer distinguish between imagination and reality.

    Each religion uses similar techniques for entrancement, only differing in the details. Islam, for instance, entrances the followers through the repetitive reading of the Koran, sealed with the injunction that the Koran is the unalterable word of Allah.

    However neither Christianity nor Voodoo teach the religious obligation of Holy War or Jihad.
    I am not pushing my religion on you, so don't push your atheism and insults on to me. And clearly by your statement on Jihad, you don't know enough about Islam to comment.

  2. #12
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbyagain View Post
    I am not pushing my religion on you, so don't push your atheism and insults on to me.
    Personal insults are against the rules and I have not personally insulted you.

    However we are free to criticise institutions on Typology Central. And I have critiqued the institutions of Christianity, Voodoo and Islam.

    And any reading of the Koran and the Hadith will reveal the religious injunction to Holy War or Jihad.

    I do understand you are offended by my critique of Islam. And indeed as I write, there are 57 Islamic nations attempting to make it an international crime to criticise Islam.

  3. #13
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Newbyagain View Post
    I am not pushing my religion on you, so don't push your atheism and insults on to me. And clearly by your statement on Jihad, you don't know enough about Islam to comment.
    Just ignore him. He's extremely Islamophobic. You're not going to get a rational discussion with him on this subject.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

    I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

    - Emily Bronte

  4. #14
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Just ignore him. He's extremely Islamophobic. You're not going to get a rational discussion with him on this subject.
    To say I am islamophobic is a personal insult. And personal insults are against the rules and may lead to banning.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Personal insults are against the rules and I have not personally insulted you.

    However we are free to criticise institutions on Typology Central. And I have critiqued the institutions of Christianity, Voodoo and Islam.

    And any reading of the Koran and the Hadith will reveal the religious injunction to Holy War or Jihad.

    I do understand you are offended by my critique of Islam. And indeed as I write, there are 57 Islamic nations attempting to make it an international crime to criticise Islam.
    Okay, you made a statement claiming that these religions "entrance" their followers with "techniques." You don't see how the reader would think you are basically saying that religion is manipulative? You don't see the offense in that? Also keep in mind it is your opinion, which is also completely off topic. So if I didn't ask, and you refuse to see the unwelcoming response and the offense taken, yes that is also insulting.

    And once again, I think you need to be more thoughtful of what you say. The Bible also has some hostile language, but without understanding Christianity, you can't go around saying Christianity teaches this or that, plus you have to consider there are different kinds of Christians who interpret the Bible differently. I know of many Muslims who strongly disagree with what has been going on with Jihad.

  6. #16
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbyagain View Post
    Okay, you made a statement claiming that these religions "entrance" their followers with "techniques." You don't see how the reader would think you are basically saying that religion is manipulative? You don't see the offense in that?
    Yes, I can see that you are offended by my criticism of the institution of Islam on Typology Central.

    However we are free to criticise institutions on Typology Central, even if those who identify with those institutions find it offensive.

    However personal insults are against the rules and may lead to banning.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Just ignore him. He's extremely Islamophobic. You're not going to get a rational discussion with him on this subject.
    True. Thanks.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Yes, I can see that you are offended by my criticism of the institution of Islam on Typology Central.

    However we are free to criticise institutions on Typology Central, even if those who identify with those institutions find it offensive.

    However personal insults are against the rules and may lead to banning.
    Off topic still.

  9. #19
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,808

    Default

    Excuse me while I go alert them!
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  10. #20
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,932

    Default

    How do you feel about multiple wives?
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] Calling All INTJs: I am considering becoming INTJ
    By Mal12345 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 07-11-2013, 12:10 AM
  2. [ENFJ] Calling all ENFJs...
    By AbsentMaverick in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 08:31 PM
  3. [ENFJ] Calling all ENFJs!
    By Littlelostnf in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 07:48 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Calling all shoppers...
    By Sandy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 05:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO