User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

Have you ever actually read the Quran? Everything the Islamophobes say about it is true.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I'm specifically wondering what she's looking for. A non-drinking, head-covered, strong gender-role church? I keep thinking Amish. But she apparently still wants to "live among the world" despite her claims of wanting to be covered and sheltered by a community of Muslims.
    I wonder, too. I'm tempted to say she is looking for a group that will do all the work for her: tell her what to do, what to believe, how to live, etc., but I don't know her or her situation well enough to draw that conclusion. The fact that she rejects all offered suggestions in favor of one which she still seems unclear about suggests that she does have an internal compass that can point her in the right direction. She just has to learn to listen to it, and rely on it at least as much as any external source. Besides, you don't need a church community to avoid alcohol, cover your head, and live by "traditional" gender roles. If it's that important, just do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Have you ever actually read the Quran? Everything the Islamophobes say about it is true.
    There are things just as off-putting in the Bible. The difference is that most Christians have learned not to interpret it all so literally.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    No. Not everything. There's a lot of exagerations, lies or invented stories out of pure hatred too, just check for instance what Riva said about it: he's inventing half of what he said, or he hasn't properly checked his sources.

True Islamophobes often attempt to make the prophet looks like a kind of devilish, cruel and extremely depraved man. Despite all his flaws, he clearly wasn't, and when you consider the socio-historical context, early muslims were in fact way more tolerant than the contemporary christians, jews or zoroastrians they faced (and this extreme tolerance and permissiveness explain lot of their early successes against the Byzantines or the Persians). What happened centuries later is another story.

The Quran is a very simple text, with three opposite parts. Some verses are indeed terrifying. Some others are not. And lot of them can contradict each other (another proof that religions aren't rational). But the main issues come from the hadiths, the so-called "oral tradition" that can be manipulated almost at will. And it's within the hadiths that one can find the most unbelievable or dubious stories about the prophet.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Newbyagain View Post
    And I would think there was no instructional value to that photo, which I'm embarrassed to even entertain that defense. It was a photo of nudity insulting a religion. And which the religion it was made about is highly against that sort of thing.
    It was a photo of new Muslims being initiated into the faith.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"Calling all Muslims" is a very common statement used by Muslims online to call out to other Muslims.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    "Calling all Muslims" is a very common statement used by Muslims online to call out to other Muslims.
    Agreed. There's many disconcerting clues when I consider the current OP behaviour.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Agreed. There's many disconcerting clues when I consider the current OP behaviour.
    And the OP spelling of Koran (or Quran) as "Curan" is just an attempt to play dumb about Islam.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    And the OP spelling of Koran (or Quran) as "Curan" is just an attempt to play dumb about Islam.
    Or the way s/he spells "Al Queada" instead of Al Qaeda (or Al Qaida). Every critical word seems to be deliberately misspelt, not to focus attention I presume.

Or the way s/he blindly defends Dubai or Iraqi societies (and ackowledge s/he may have lived there), or the intrinsic moral superiority of the Arab way of life. This kind of specifically targeted chauvinism and nationalism is very curious, especially from someone who pretends to be a lutheran from deep Missouri.

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Or the way s/he spells "Al Queada" instead of Al Qaeda (or Al Qaida). Every critical word seems to be deliberately misspelt.

Or the way s/he blindly defends Dubai or Iraqi societies (and ackowledge s/he may have lived there), or the intrinsic moral superiority of the Arab way of life. This kind of specifically targeted chauvinism is very curious, especially from someone who pretends to be a lutheran from deep Missouri.
    But you've got to admit s/he is very good at mimicking a native speaker of English.

Reading the actual English of the original poster I get the impression of a double message.

At first I thought the poster may be disturbed and looking for help, but then I started to see parallels with other proselytisers.

Interestingly proselytisers rarely approach us directly, lest they be rejected, rather they approach us indirectly with a double message.