User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    infp

I love night! It's my favourite time of day, I think its the best for everything. I also love winter. And I never feel depressed in the winter or at night. I've heard about the correlation between sunlight intensity and mood, but to my knowledge that only occurs in some people, and I'm clearly not one of them. Our winters here are very sunny during the day though, for what it's worth. I still like somewhat cloudy days most of all anyway, no matter what season.

At night my thoughts open up a lot more, I feel more free to explore ideas and everything. It's just more loose and free, and I love that. I also love going outside at night when there is no one around, no cars or anything. It's like a surrealistic look at the daytime world. I also love winter for this reason; when the ground gets covered in deep snow, or when a blizzard is raging, the world becomes a different place. It's very thought provoking. I feel alive!

I've never understood the association people have with darkness and sadness and whatnot, they seem unrelated to me and always have.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    I've never understood the association people have with darkness and sadness and whatnot, they seem unrelated to me and always have.
    Well, there is actually a disorder relating the two. Seasonal Affective Disorder.... or..........SAD. :rolli:

It doesn't mention it in the wiki, but I'd always heard its caused by lack of vitamin D which you get naturally from sunlight
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Snowey1210 View Post
    Have you heard of the "winter blues"? Studies have found that sunlight is a huge determinent of mood, so there is all possibilty that nighttime could be more likely to promote depression. I'd say it has more to do with our reaction to light than anything else.

Personally, winter does seem to have a bit of an affect upon me because the nights are so long and dark. I wouldn't classify it as depressed though, it's more along the lines of morose. Summer is by far my favourite season of the year, there is definitely something comforting in looking up to a clear blue sky.
    Good point. I agree.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    Very much agree. Same with the rain and overcast weather.

I love all of that stuff, that some people consider gloomy.

MBTI
    INFJ

I had some friends from Poland who had a folk-saying, "Never act on what you think in the night." There is something to that I think...if only to reconsider in the light of day what one's mind constructs in a semi-awake state.

MBTI
    INTJ

I have the same thing to with cloudy days. It is related to SAD. I think in winter it is not so much having less daylight as it is days when you don't experience any natural sunlight. It is dark when you commute to work, dark when you commute home and too cold to walk outside during lunch time.

I do light therapy at home in the winter and when we have several cloudy days in a row. It makes a big difference.

Ilah

Quote Originally Posted by sych0 View Post
    It's not day/night for me so much as it is sunny/grey. Gloomy days are the absolute worst, and new england is notorious for crappy days. I gotta move to california one day to revel in the sun

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ilah View Post
    I do light therapy at home in the winter
    In winter I alter my work schedule so that, when leaving the office for the day, so I can get home (or to my evening activities) while the sun is still shining. Does wonders for me. The leave-in-the-dark, get-home-in-the-dark stuff just ain't right!!!

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I always feel better at night, always have.
    I love the evening, but I always been a night owl. However, right before bed, everything that could possibly be bothering me comes racing up to the surface, and I am prone to ruminating. I had to retrain my thoughts, to set aside a time during the day to pour over my issues, otherwise I would be up all night wracking my brain for an answer and then I'm even less able to tackle the situation because I'm also exhausted. :P

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Very much agree. Same with the rain and overcast weather.

I love all of that stuff, that some people consider gloomy.
    Me too. It's just much easier to think at night or early morning. I always rise before the sun is up. It's very quiet. People are usually in bed asleep. There aren't many cars out or activity in general. It's so... peaceful.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I haven't noticed gratter depression in the dark, most of the time. The effect of winter does seem to imply that darkness is a little bit more depressing for me. I really love walking around at night though, or I did when I lived in a small town anyway.

Around here, people get shot at night, so no more walking for me.
    Go to sleep, iguana.