User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Oh I really want to read this. Unfortunately my brain isn't in a quiet place right now. Will have to come back to it. Unless someone wants to give me the type 7 friendly version haha
    please please read and then tell me what you think (ie. if i'm overreacting). i'm still having nightmares of a white liquid going down and a red one going up and all the pain you're going to suffer etc

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    please please read and then tell me what you think (ie. if i'm overreacting). i'm still having nightmares of a white liquid going down and a red one going up and all the pain you're going to suffer etc
    Did I respond in some other form to this? I can't remember but some post starry made that I just read reminded me of it and I can't remember.

Anyway okay what the hell is this you are talking about? Goo? Pain? That's not part of my reincarnation plan. :/

I still don't have the frame of mind to get through the op. insane amount of work this week... I'm actually about to lose my voice from all the talking.

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    ILI-

have you heard about the quantum mind theory, it states that the mind exist in the subatomic universe. the mind would be able to perform bizarre things called quantum weirdness, it could quantum entangle across time and space with other consciousness both living and departed. Perhaps information and memories could be uploaded or downloaded via dreams or some other bizarre workings, perhaps infants could simply download minds and souls.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    have you heard about the quantum mind theory, it states that the mind exist in the subatomic universe. the mind would be able to perform bizarre things called quantum weirdness, it could quantum entangle across time and space with other consciousness both living and departed. Perhaps information and memories could be uploaded or downloaded via dreams or some other bizarre workings, perhaps infants could simply download minds and souls.
    Your post here seeks to penetrate beyond mundane existence. Your name (Avalon I believe is where the mighty magician Merlin dwells), your avatar (someone activating higher awareness), and your comment impress me.

And now onto your points:
    1. I'm not sure our minds are at miniature levels, but they could have components operating within the quantum realm.
    2. I agree that our minds could form connections across vast distances, come to form a kind of universal "cosmic" consciousness.
    3. I think the "universal uploads" you mention are supported by findings accessed within the Akashic Records, but life I hold is a much better conduit for integrating these experiences.

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    ILI-

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Your post here seeks to penetrate beyond mundane existence. Your name (Avalon I believe is where the mighty magician Merlin dwells), your avatar (someone activating higher awareness), and your comment impress me.

And now onto your points:
    1. I'm not sure our minds are at miniature levels, but they could have components operating within the quantum realm.
    2. I agree that our minds could form connections across vast distances, come to form a kind of universal "cosmic" consciousness.
    3. I think the "universal uploads" you mention are supported by findings accessed within the Akashic Records, but life I hold is a much better conduit for integrating these experiences.
    Thank you for your kind words RaptorWizard. I have another theory I wish to share. I always imagine the body as a nucleus, surrounding and extending from it are dendrites/mind, and connected to the soul by an axon to relay information both spiritual and mundane.
    When the body dies this "neuron" seeks, then anchors to the next infant starting the process anew, absorbing information until it becomes transcendent, and merging with The Monad.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    Thank you for your kind words RaptorWizard. I have another theory I wish to share. I always imagine the body as a nucleus, surrounding and extending from it are dendrites/mind, and connected to the soul by an axon to relay information both spiritual and mundane.
    When the body dies this "neuron" seeks, then anchors to the next infant starting the process anew, absorbing information until it becomes transcendent, and merging with The Monad.
    Hmm, you seem to have some ideas resonating with a fellow named Leibniz, as you're aware I would think. He has an interesting system of "Monadology", or units of mind all across the cosmos that reflect God's greater mind, or The Monad (and I'll admit it's a bit too logical for my tastes, but I can acknowledge its values). I'm outlining some of his axioms here in relations between the bridges of mind and body:

1. The monad, of which we will speak here, is nothing else than a simple substance, which goes to make up compounds; by simple, we mean without parts.

7. There is also no way of explaining how a monad can be altered or changed in its inner being by any other created thing, since there is no possibility of transposition within it, nor can we conceive of any internal movement which can be produced, directed, increased or diminished within it, such as can take place in the case of compounds where a change can occur among the parts. The monads have no windows through which anything may come in or go out. The Attributes cannot detach themselves or go forth from the substances, as could sensible species of the Schoolmen. In the same way neither substance nor attribute can enter from without into a monad.

8. Still monads need to have some qualities, otherwise they would not even be existences. And if simple substances did not differ at all in their qualities, there would be no means of perceiving any change in things. Whatever is in a compound can come into it only through its simple elements and the monads, if they were without qualities (since they do not differ at all in quantity) would be indistinguishable one from another. For instance, if we imagine a plenum or completely filled space, where each part receives only the equivalent of its own previous motion, one state of things would not be distinguishable from another.

9. Each monad, indeed, must be different from every other monad. For there are never in nature two beings which are exactly alike, and in which it is not possible to find a difference either internal or based on an intrinsic property.

10. I assume it as admitted that every created being, and consequently the created monad, is subject to change, and indeed that this change is continuous in each.

11. It follows from what has just been said, that the natural changes of the monad come from an internal principle, because an external cause can have no influence on its inner being.

14. The passing condition which involves and represents a multiplicity in the unity, or in the simple substance, is nothing else than what is called perception. This should be carefully distinguished from apperception or consciousness, as will appear in what follows. In this matter the Cartesians have fallen into a serious error, in that they deny the existence of those perceptions of which we are not conscious. It is this also which has led them to believe that spirits alone are monads and that there are no souls of animals or other entelechies, and it has led them to make the common confusion between a protracted period of unconsciousness and actual death. They have thus adopted the Scholastic error that souls can exist entirely separated from bodies, and have even confirmed ill-balanced minds in the belief that souls are mortal.

18. All simple substances or created monads may be called entelechies, because they have in themselves a certain perfection. There is in them a sufficiency which makes them the source of their internal activities, and renders them, so to speak, incorporeal Automatons.

19. If we wish to designate as soul everything which has perceptions and desires in the general sense that I have just explained, all simple substances or created monads could be called souls. But since feeling is something more than a mere perception I think that the general name of monad or entelechy should suffice for simple substances which have only perception, while we may reserve the term Soul for those whose perception is more distinct and is accompanied by memory.

20. We experience in ourselves a state where we remember nothing and where we have no distinct perception, as in periods of fainting, or when we are overcome by a profound, dreamless sleep. In such a state the soul does not sensibly differ at all from a simple monad. As this state, however, is not permanent and the soul can recover from it, the soul is something more.

62. Thus although each created monad represents the whole universe, it represents more distinctly the body which specially pertains to it and of which it constitutes the entelechy. And as this body expresses all the universe through the interconnection of all matter in the plenum, the soul also represents the whole universe in representing this body, which belongs to it in a particular way.

63. The body belonging to a monad, which is its entelechy or soul, constitutes together with the entelechy what may be called a rising being, and with a soul what is called an animal. Now this body of a living being or of an animal is always organic, because every monad is a mirror of the universe is regulated with perfect order there must needs be order also in what represents it, that is to say in the perceptions of the soul and consequently in the body through which the, universe is represented in the soul.

As you can see by the numbers, there's plenty of other axioms in his arsenal (and for this particular set, it goes from 1 to 90).
    I pulled them from a website I created here: http://raptorwizard.webstarts.com/terra_program.html