User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

It all depends on the manner in which they're delivering their message. I don't mind people witnessing/sharing, but when it's obnoxious, intrusive and in a judgmental tone, I get annoyed.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Honestly? They depress me. I'll get in a low, cynical mood all day... Sort of the same way one feels when they witness any sort of victimization of others.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    There used to be young people, college-age, who came to the university campus and preached at passersby about how going to college is "all vanity." People like that are why religious people get a reputation for being willfully ignorant.
    Wow, that's pretty mad, like they were opposed to people receiving an education?

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I'm mostly saddened. So much energy into doing something the wrong way. I'm not even taking in to account that they're wrong, what bothers me more is how ineffective they are. It's for the best, though.
    This is interesting, how can it be for the best if its energy going into doing something the wrong way and they're wrong?

Is it for the best that they are ineffective do you mean?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

never seen any irl, except some that give some "jesus is coming" flayers but dont do any preaching. here they just ask if you have heard about savior or are interested about that and give those flayers. but my opinion is that if they dont yell something like "gays go to hell" or other stuff that might offend people and they behave, i have no problem with them, maybe they can help someone with issues to find a better life, i guess thats a good thing regardless of whether its based on some weird beliefs..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Is it for the best that they are ineffective do you mean?
    That's what I got out of it.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    That's what I got out of it.
    If their message is wrong I suppose its good that they're ineffective, they're still a nuisance though.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    We used to have a resident street preacher in college though, and I wasn't alarmed by him. He'd park himself on the sidewalk near where all the big parties happened and talk about Jesus, but he didn't screech and he also seemed harmless, even friendly, even when he told kids to fear the judgement of the Lord.

It was kind of amusing.
    I know there are probably some people like that in this country, however since I've never encountered any I have always imagined it would be something like:

"Would you mind awfully going to hell please? If it's not a bother or too inconvenient? Oh and have a flap-jack."
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I know there are probably some people like that in this country, however since I've never encountered any I have always imagined it would be something like:

"Would you mind awfully going to hell please? If it's not a bother or too inconvenient? Oh and have a flap-jack."
    Oh, he's just used to say hey and ask us how we were doing and then tell us to make good decisions that night because God was always watching.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

No street preachers here. But as for the door-to-door doomsayers. They always make me feel a bit apprehensive and uncomfortable.

Not because I have any doubts or struggle with beliefs myself, which I don't. But because they treat you as someone that really needs their help. Like you have a sickness that needs to be cured and only they have the cure. And these are people that live in the same community as you do.

Brr.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf