123 Last

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default How do you determine your self worth?

How are you at an advantage to yourself?
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

It depends upon success and satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    Are we ends in ourselves, or are we means to the sexual ends of others?

MBTI
    yupp

Introspection, while taking in outside data simutaneously
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy

by @agentwashington

How do you determine your self worth?
    I am an eternal being. How can my worth be measured by standards devised and based upon the systems of this world? It cannot. I determine my self-worth by the Devine within me. I am a powerful spiritual being and I am in the world for one purpose and that purpose is to shine forth the power of love and to speak things of the spirit, truths that have the power to set us free from the deception that this is all there is.

I'm not really sure what you're asking here, but I will say that I am free to do anything that comes into my heart to do. However, just because I am free to do anything that I want to do, doesn't mean that I will do it. I am also bound by a spiritual principle, "Treat others as you would like to be treated." In other words, I will not violate this powerful spiritual principle. I will treat others with the same basic human kindness and respect that I hope to receive in return. I will ultimately choose to do what I deem to be right, whether it's popular and acceptable or not. Whatever I do must be motivated by love, not an emotion, not a feeling, but a commitment. So, basically, I'm at an advantage because I am a free-spirit, the only thing that holds me in check of any kind is a commitment to love my neighbor as myself [which means to me that I acknowledge the spiritual value of everyone as equal to my own.]
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INTP

I have a sense of absolute self worth that goes along with being born. In terms of relative self worth, I see myself as a failure. There is always someone better.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

How much of a meaningful and positive impact am I making towards society and other people?

How much is my presence desired by others?

Have I been able to accomplish (or believe I can realistically accomplish) what I determine is important to me.

Maybe this isn't the most healthy outlook on it. It seems too externally directed. I guess I have trouble with inherent self worth just from being born. I know I wouldn't feel very good about myself if I just merely existed and did nothing that had no real measurable impact on others.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

What kind of balance am I striking between being myself and watching my effects on the world around me?
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I am an eternal being. How can my worth be measured by standards devised and based upon the systems of this world? It cannot. I determine my self-worth by the Devine within me. I am a powerful spiritual being and I am in the world for one purpose and that purpose is to shine forth the power of love and to speak things of the spirit, truths that have the power to set us free from the deception that this is all there is.

I'm not really sure what you're asking here, but I will say that I am free to do anything that comes into my heart to do. However, just because I am free to do anything that I want to do, doesn't mean that I will do it. I am also bound by a spiritual principle, "Treat others as you would like to be treated." In other words, I will not violate this powerful spiritual principle. I will treat others with the same basic human kindness and respect that I hope to receive in return. I will ultimately choose to do what I deem to be right, whether it's popular and acceptable or not. Whatever I do must be motivated by love, not an emotion, not a feeling, but a commitment. So, basically, I'm at an advantage because I am a free-spirit, the only thing that holds me in check of any kind is a commitment to love my neighbor as myself [which means to me that I acknowledge the spiritual value of everyone as equal to my own.]
    This is the same conclusion I came to when I asked my self this question. The problem is how do I get myself to BEILEIVE this. Is it a feeling you felt?
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

This is the same conclusion I came to when I asked my self this question. The problem is how do I get myself to BEILEIVE this. Is it a feeling you felt?
    Hey, Inari, that's a good question. It's not a feeling, not really. It's a knowing, like an inner certainty. I jabber a whole bunch about it over on my blog. haha.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14