• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you determine your self worth?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How are you at an advantage to yourself?

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
How do you determine your self worth?

I am an eternal being. How can my worth be measured by standards devised and based upon the systems of this world? It cannot. I determine my self-worth by the Devine within me. I am a powerful spiritual being and I am in the world for one purpose and that purpose is to shine forth the power of love and to speak things of the spirit, truths that have the power to set us free from the deception that this is all there is.

How are you at an advantage to yourself?

I'm not really sure what you're asking here, but I will say that I am free to do anything that comes into my heart to do. However, just because I am free to do anything that I want to do, doesn't mean that I will do it. I am also bound by a spiritual principle, "Treat others as you would like to be treated." In other words, I will not violate this powerful spiritual principle. I will treat others with the same basic human kindness and respect that I hope to receive in return. I will ultimately choose to do what I deem to be right, whether it's popular and acceptable or not. Whatever I do must be motivated by love, not an emotion, not a feeling, but a commitment. So, basically, I'm at an advantage because I am a free-spirit, the only thing that holds me in check of any kind is a commitment to love my neighbor as myself [which means to me that I acknowledge the spiritual value of everyone as equal to my own.]

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
I have a sense of absolute self worth that goes along with being born. In terms of relative self worth, I see myself as a failure. There is always someone better.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How much of a meaningful and positive impact am I making towards society and other people?

How much is my presence desired by others?

Have I been able to accomplish (or believe I can realistically accomplish) what I determine is important to me.

Maybe this isn't the most healthy outlook on it. It seems too externally directed. I guess I have trouble with inherent self worth just from being born. I know I wouldn't feel very good about myself if I just merely existed and did nothing that had no real measurable impact on others.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What kind of balance am I striking between being myself and watching my effects on the world around me?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am an eternal being. How can my worth be measured by standards devised and based upon the systems of this world? It cannot. I determine my self-worth by the Devine within me. I am a powerful spiritual being and I am in the world for one purpose and that purpose is to shine forth the power of love and to speak things of the spirit, truths that have the power to set us free from the deception that this is all there is.

I'm not really sure what you're asking here, but I will say that I am free to do anything that comes into my heart to do. However, just because I am free to do anything that I want to do, doesn't mean that I will do it. I am also bound by a spiritual principle, "Treat others as you would like to be treated." In other words, I will not violate this powerful spiritual principle. I will treat others with the same basic human kindness and respect that I hope to receive in return. I will ultimately choose to do what I deem to be right, whether it's popular and acceptable or not. Whatever I do must be motivated by love, not an emotion, not a feeling, but a commitment. So, basically, I'm at an advantage because I am a free-spirit, the only thing that holds me in check of any kind is a commitment to love my neighbor as myself [which means to me that I acknowledge the spiritual value of everyone as equal to my own.]

This is the same conclusion I came to when I asked my self this question. The problem is how do I get myself to BEILEIVE this. Is it a feeling you felt?

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
This is the same conclusion I came to when I asked my self this question. The problem is how do I get myself to BEILEIVE this. Is it a feeling you felt?

Hey, Inari, that's a good question. It's not a feeling, not really. It's a knowing, like an inner certainty. I jabber a whole bunch about it over on my blog. haha.

Mole

Permabanned
"Treat others as you would like to be treated." In other words, I will not violate this powerful spiritual principle. I will treat others with the same basic human kindness and respect that I hope to receive in return.

Except for the 'losers'.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that life possesses an intrinsic, infinite value. Success, skill, character, etc. are all added onto infinity in terms of value.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I determine my value by my affect on people.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Except for the 'losers'.

Mole,

You say that; so I will ask, "Have seen me purposely being unkind to someone that you esteem a "loser" in my eyes?"

If you will make me aware of the time I have been unkind or unfair to another person in your presence, let me know and I will go apologize to that person. I have not imagined anyone here to be a loser. I may not always agree with them but I don't think of them in those terms.

But while we're on the subject, I do not see people in such a dichotomy as winners and losers as good and bad. I only see people, all trying to find out who they are and what they are. Some are so caught up in this world that they believe that they believe their worth is tied to the opinions of the people inhabiting it. I see many people who believed it when others placed that label on them and therefore acted accordingly. They are often, as a result, bitter, fault-finding and nit-picky. They will put up a big front but the truth is that they are lonely and want someone to just accept them for who they are. Some are, as a result, self-loathing and insecure. They do not see themselves as they really are meant to be.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
My self worth is determined by my ability to succeed with my functions.

Achieving goals of Se and Ti is easy. Achieving goals of Fe and Ni through Se and Ti is even more rewarding.

I find that if I can make myself the most well rounded best person I can possibly be, my self worth increases. My self esteem rises.

Just imagine an ESTP going to a book club, and not being awkward.

Success.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
My self worth is determined by my ability to succeed with my functions.

Achieving goals of Se and Ti is easy. Achieving goals of Fe and Ni through Se and Ti is even more rewarding.

I find that if I can make myself the most well rounded best person I can possibly be, my self worth increases. My self esteem rises.

Just imagine an ESTP going to a book club, and not being awkward.

Success.

Haha! Love it! [the video clip.]

Also, I like what you say about being well-rounded. That, is a great goal.

Oh, yeah, I know an ESTP who goes to book clubs, that is when he's not hiking up the side of a mountain in New Mexico or running a marathon or trying to accomplish some other "impossible" feat. haha. He's a great person and if he wants to put a book on his head, I say...let him do it, because you never know when it might rain and somebody needs to have enough sense to convert a book into a hat!

Mole

Permabanned
You say that; so I will ask, "Have seen me purposely being unkind to someone that you esteem a "loser" in my eyes?"

You have called me a 'loser'. How soon you forget.

Fortunately Australians love losers, just as Americans hate them.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Mole said, "You have called me a 'loser'. How soon you forget. Fortunately Australians love losers, just as Americans hate them."

If I did, I am truly sorry. I have intended to be kind to you on this forum and I don't usually make a habit of calling people I'm attempting to befriend a loser. Still, I might have done it. I'm not perfect and anything's possible. I would like for you to provide me a link to the post in which I called you a loser, if you don't mind. Again, I am sorry.

Having said that, I feel that there are some things that need to be spoken and clarified. First, this is not a knee-jerk reaction, nor is it an emotional response. I've actually sat here and carefully considered the things that I'm about to say to you and I am certain that they need to be said, if for no other reason than to let you know exactly where I stand. There is no anger or malice intended in the things I'm about to ask you. They are just questions that I want to know the answers to.

First, I thank you for all of the times you have commented on my posts. Sometimes, I questioned your motives, but still, I appreciated the time you put into speaking with me. Now having said that, I feel I would be doing you an injustice if I didn't say the following things to you.

Are you aware that you come across as being a nit-picky person who seems like he's/she's just trying to provoke people?

Are you aware that many people would like to like you if you would let them?

Do you realize that you seem cold and prickly and self-righteous?

Do you intentionally prod people in an effort to provoke them into giving you some kind of worked-up response?

If so, why?

Are you aware that you come across as lonely and bitter?

Do you intend to sound prejudice and judgmental?

Also, am I mistaken to think that you profess scientific intellect? If not, then does it really seem logical to get on a forum with people from all over the world and criticize those whose culture is different from yours?

On that same note, why would a person so against typology be involved in a forum dedicated to the subject?

See, from where I'm standing, it looks like this. It doesn't seem logical to get on a forum dedicated to typology and consistently criticize it, unless you intend to set us all straight on the heresy of psychology, then you come across as self-righteous and narrow-minded. So, which is it? Are you being illogical? Or do you deem yourself our savior from scientific fallacies?

Did you know that it appears that you freely point your fingers of criticism and prejudice at others to avoid facing the truth that there is something missing in your life?

Okay, I think that's most of my questions. Again, I apologize if I called you a loser. And I hope you can provide me with a concrete example.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that life possesses an intrinsic, infinite value. Success, skill, character, etc. are all added onto infinity in terms of value.

This, more or less. ^

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

This, ^^^ more or less.