User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default According to the Christian Doctrine, when does a human being recieve a soul?

I have a question about when a human receives a soul according to the Christan Doctrine. When does a child receive a soul? Does the child receive a soul when the sperm cell and the egg unite? Does the child receive a soul when it becomes a fetus? Does the child receive a soul at the moment of conception? When does this occur?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I have a question about when a human receives a soul according to the Christan Doctrine. When does a child receive a soul? Does the child receive a soul when the sperm cell and the egg unite? Does the child receive a soul when it becomes a fetus? Does the child receive a soul at the moment of conception? When does this occur?
    Well, the quick and easy answer to this depends on the sect of Christianity that one follows.

The more conservative one is, the more likely it seems they'll believe that a soul begins at conception; the more liberal sects might even think a soul is "ongoing" and developing after birth.

I'm sure some people will explicate further.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

If the particular iteration of Christianity is clever, (or at least low-grade cunning), it would be after the 10th donation.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp

At the time God decided/decides, otherwise it’s just speculation. in the same way we speculate about God having emotions in relation to human emotion (which would lead into the collocating with Jesus). You could most likely find texts going back 2000 years discussing this, in the end it would have no relation to how you treat anyone (if for some reason God appeared and told us you did not have a soul until you turned a certain age, you would still be required to treat the person without a soul the same, being they are still his spiritual image (leading one to believe they would have a soul)). God knows how we think, not the other way around.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I think their could be a spiritual DNA, and I would imagine this soul essence would enter the body upon the moment of birth, kind of like when in video games the codes all come together in the system and then you flick the switch to get it running.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

I would think at the time of conception, since the Bible never mentions a soul being received; it's assumed that where there's human life, there's a soul. But this is confusing (at least to me) when you consider the verse "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you." Does this imply that each soul has always existed (as a facet of God?), yet only actualized in the form of a human being for a short time? Or just that each soul has always existed in the mind of God?

WALMART

According to Venture Bros., around one or so.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by decrescendo View Post
    I would think at the time of conception, since the Bible never mentions a soul being received; it's assumed that where there's human life, there's a soul. But this is confusing (at least to me) when you consider the verse "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you." Does this imply that each soul has always existed (as a facet of God?), yet only actualized in the form of a human being for a short time? Or just that each soul has always existed in the mind of God?
    What a hipster thing for a deity to say.
    I knew it.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    According to Venture Bros., around one or so.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by decrescendo View Post
    I would guess because God is an eternal Creator, from the beginning to the end, it makes sense that He would know you before He created you in the womb.

Also, there is one instance where God more-or-less placed a soul into a being and that is Genesis 2:7, "Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."