User Tag List

First 123 Last

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I have heard people say on countless many occasions to channel one's anger but I don't see how it could help because it's stressful. So I agree with you and No I haven't.

But I bet that atleast a few people here might have tried it successfully which is why I started the thread.
    Typically, when people talk about “channeling your anger into something productive,” they mean that you should go do a hard workout, do some yardwork, etc. The idea is that you have a lot of stress and adrenaline, so you should engage in some kind of physical endeavor, for example, in order to put that energy to productive use and at the same time distract yourself.

Another example: Early in the movie “True Lies,” Arnold Schwarzenegger’s character becomes convinced that his wife is cheating on him. He asks Tom Arnold’s character what he’s supposed to do about it, and Tom Arnold’s character responds something along the line of, “Same as every other guy: Dump her and throw yourself into your job. Work 16 hours a day everyday until you become soft and fat like me.” (Or something like that; I was unable to find the actual quote.)

Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post
    like thissss?

care bear stare huzzah!
    (bc i do it too)
    More like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    More like this:

showoff
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I have heard people say on countless many occasions to channel one's anger but I don't see how it could help because it's stressful. So I agree with you and No I haven't.

Yes, quite a few people here* have said they use anger as motivation. That completely escapes me. I don't understand it at all. I wish I did though.

*And actually, someone I know irl has gotten on my case about "refusing" to turn my anger into motivation. So I don't know man, it's weird.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post

*And actually, someone I know irl has gotten on my case about "refusing" to turn my anger into motivation. So I don't know man, it's weird.
    Maybe you are just an Ice Man?

ice man.jpg

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^No. But I’d bet good money that Professor Xavier could teach me to fashion my anger into something fabulous.

(Or maybe you’re referring to the serial killer….in which case, my answer is still no.)
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

^No. But I’d bet good money that Professor Xavier could teach me to fashion my anger into something fabulous.

(Or maybe you’re referring to the serial killer….in which case, my answer is still no.)
    Ice Man from the video game Megaman 1, for regular NES. I just cant help but strike when the irony's hot. I wasnt comparing you to a serial killer, lol.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yes, quite a few people here* have said they use anger as motivation. That completely escapes me. I don't understand it at all. I wish I did though.
    Same here. I don't understand anger. I don't know how to deal with it. It eats me alive rather than motivates me, unlike other negative emotions like sadness or despair or fear that can be empowering.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    Same here. I don't understand anger. I don't know how to deal with it. It eats me alive rather than motivates me, unlike other negative emotions like sadness or despair or fear that can be empowering.
    Fear motivates, that I get. Sadness and despair I don't. Please elaborate. Chanelling anger sadness and despair should have been the name of the thread. If I did so the 4w5s would have flocked on this thread .

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Fear motivates, that I get. Sadness and despair I don't. Please elaborate. Chanelling anger sadness and despair should have been the name of the thread. If I did so the 4w5s would have flocked on this thread .
    Sadness and despair reveals humanity's great tragic truth by which we are all connected. Perhaps this is something Fe-ish, but I feel an intense connection with the rest of the world when I feel sad, and it can be uplifting in a way.

And that, folks, is why it is awesome being a 4
    4w5 sp/sx EII