User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Thread: Feminism SUCKS.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Furthermore, I think that extreme groups tend to attract each other, it's like they recognize and agree with on some level not always what but how each other thinks.

Well I'll jump on that.

I'd support gender equality before any gendered movement myself but women face issues specific to them, so it seems appropriate. One goal of some who call themselves feminists (shortened to: "one goal of feminism") would be to address those specific issues. In theory I'd support groups focused on men's issues too, but in practice a lot of those groups seem to be reactions to feminism rather than addressing actual problems men have. That said, I don't think it's right to make problems men have illegitimate because they are the oppressors with iron fists commanding the world from atop their misogynist throne.

(cue someone coming in starting a sentence with "nobody/everyone/huge sweeping generalization applied defensively to a whole group thinks...")
    nobody believes that iron fists exists anymore
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    nobody believes that iron fists exists anymore
    I guess I wouldn't call it an iron fist, but things like the wage gap, the underrepresentation of women in government, and rape culture (like the Steubenville case) keep me from believing it's all cool now.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I guess I wouldn't call it an iron fist, but things like the wage gap, the underrepresentation of women in government, and rape culture (like the Steubenville case) keep me from believing it's all cool now.
    yeah I agree with this, I've actually agreed with all the post of yours i've read in here.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    XXFP

it's not all cool, yes i would agree and see why feminism is still valuable etc etc.

that said there are times when the power of men seems vastly overstated. yes i understand how privilege can be hard to recognize, but i'm poking at characterizations which seem to suggest almost a conspiracy theory level of organization among males which just isn't there.

in other words, I was addressing something specific with that comment, and i hope that point doesn't get lost/misconstrued as something else...
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by unnamed View Post
    I think most of theories of them is CRAP.
    Basically,they always claim "peaceful female and violence male",I think it's nonsense.
    Just because the target of female violence usually is very weak and can't not resist and talk,I think they just good at calculate the success rate of their violence.
    Here is some examples:

I googled picture keyword "fur",most of people wearing it are female.

Oh,most of infanticide criminals are female.And these victims can't talk. I usually heard locale news about "found dead rotten infant body"...I guess this time I don't post than image is better than I post.
    Personally,I met a lot of verbal violence and insult by those people who claim themselves are feminists just because I don't want to join into them.Even Muslims didn't act like that way.
    I am such a traitor...bah!
    I am very sure the verbal violence by female far more than verbal violence by male.

Based on my personal values and these evidence,I don't think female is "peaceful".
    I know some of authoritarian countries,like Russia,North Korea,China,most female in these countries like their authoritarian regimes much more than male...

I found a logic issue,the human education system is controlled by female more than male.The mothers,kindergarten/primary school teachers,if they are suppose the values of gender equality,they should instill their gender equality values to children,but I didn't see that way.
    Reminding those authoritarian regimes...
    Do you see the irony of arguing against Feminism while also basically saying women should have an equal right with men to be seen as bad people at the same time?

Yes, feminism. Jesus, melons, salt, greenness and cockscomb!

I thought of oneness and my way to the sun's parking lot, hoping fate might burn into the groundless earth.

I thought of spacial matter as though it were glue between my elbows and under my feet.

I thought of sand in the mouth of the beholder and shadows across my tongue in the dirt of throat.

I thought of unity, snakes; I thought of slim boys and naked water.

I think this thread needs music, nothing more. What do you think, @Victor?

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

If it weren't for feminism, it probably wouldn't be very socially acceptable to have sex outside of marriage.

Feminism allowed for increased social acceptance of birth control. This changed attitudes about sex, and it's relation to procreation.

Depending on your moral philophy, this is either a good thing or a bad thing, but I expect for most people here, that's a good thing.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

I'm not sure. I think people who run things (be it countries or businesses) tend to be the most ruthless, most power-hungry people in the world -- at least they tend to get a lot more success. It just so happens most people of this type, who succeed, tend to be men (maybe people find them more physically intimidating or something, I don't know). I don't think we can use the worst possible examples of men and women to make arguments for/against the general condition.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    1. i'm a guy *checks to make sure* - yep, still a guy.
    2. i was just building on the notion of matriarchy by placing males in the same positions females were in the patriarchy.
    3. it was a god damn joke inspired by your quote, which had absolutely nothing directly to do with you.
    Ok, calm down. Don't be mad..

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Whenever I see these sort of comments, I wonder why people take something so large - many different people with different viewpoints may describe themselves as "Feminist", and then just lump it into one category.
    that's exactly what happened here, the OP attacked one sub group (a small & extremist one according to ivy) under the umbrella name, so the people went on to defend the umbrella.

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Ok, calm down. Don't be mad..