First 5678917 Last

Thread: Feminism SUCKS.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

How is anyone responding to this? The OP was basically illucid.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    bad

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I think that's what I meant by "conceptually". I've personally never come across the type, that proverbial feminist woman that does things to men akin to what PETA does to fur wearers. I'd imagine them so few and far between I can write the subset off as being incapable of rationalizing the subject.

Makes sense. It'd be easy pickings for those of us that made it through

You don't wash them, you go hunting >=)
    Honestly,I don't have a strong opinion of don't allow people wear fur.

[Video removed - Patches]

Maybe I just don't like that personally .

But I don't think that's the image of"peaceful women" they want to publicize.
    Quite hypocritical.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't think I have ever heard of the "women are peaceful, men are violent" argument in support of feminism (or anything else, for that matter)

Any attempt to claim that one sex is 'better' than another is not feminism -- it's just sexism.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by unnamed View Post
    Honestly,I don't have a strong opinion of don't allow people wear fur.
    [Video removed - Patches]
    Maybe I just don't like that personally .

But I don't think that's the image of"peaceful women" they want to publicize.
    Quite hypocritical.
    this is so last season, the latest episode of GoT shows it so much better, also it s a woman doing this

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    bad

Quote Originally Posted by Scheherezade View Post
    this is so last season, the latest episode of GoT shows it so much better, also it s a woman doing this
    Yeah,I heard about that they used endangered animal skins,rabbit is soooooooooooooooo cheap.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I wasn't a women's studies major or anything but I did take some classes and read quite a bit of feminist academic writing, and I can honestly say that the bolded is not really even close to what feminist scholars/writers say. A small subset, perhaps. I never really met anybody who agreed with them, though.
    see that's always a problem: from the outside, you never know if the stance you hear most often in relation to a group is because it predominates the group, or because it's the loudest and most interesting (a.k.a. offensive) within that group.

just to be clear, what i am talking about is this sort of thing:
    - everything violent is blamed on the patriarchy, a.k.a. "this is what happens when men are allowed to rule".
    - women are portrayed to be as naturally egalitarian, thus better then the hierarchical males ().
    - correlations between gender inequality and human right violations are selectively picked.
    - correlations between female leaders and wars initiated under their rule are explained as circumstantial.
    etc..

so you're saying that's not the actual teaching, just the loudest nuts you hear about from the other side?
    like i said, i really don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    I never said that's what females should be doing. Who said I'm even a guy?
    1. i'm a guy *checks to make sure* - yep, still a guy.
    2. i was just building on the notion of matriarchy by placing males in the same positions females were in the patriarchy.
    3. it was a god damn joke inspired by your quote, which had absolutely nothing directly to do with you.

You make me remind nazi's glorify Hitler build highway.
    They don't care the academic stance right or not,which nazi's care that?
    They just attack people think different.
    1. in the history of discussion boards, the "that's just my opinion" defense has never actually worked.
    2. express an opinion about a movement that pushed to equality, you'll piss off the people who gained equality.

Makes sense. It'd be easy pickings for those of us that made it through

sure - easy for you! but can the rest of us to gain equal rights with robots?

I think that's what I meant by "conceptually". I've personally never come across the type, that proverbial feminist woman that does things to men akin to what PETA does to fur wearers. I'd imagine them so few and far between I can write the subset off as being incapable of rationalizing the subject.

i didn't used to think i knew any either. but since the MRA does to some extent represent me now in the very specific legal war of divorce laws & father rights, my life has sort of become something that feminist of that sort have an opinion to express.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    bad

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post

1. in the history of discussion boards, the "that's just my opinion" defense has never actually worked.
    2. express an opinion about a movement that pushed to equality, you'll piss off the people who gained equality.

You sure that's "pushed to equality"?I don't think so,IMO.

Society

You sure that's "pushed to equality"?
    meh, in the early 19th century the right of women to say no to marriage was being questioned & debated in britain. now we're debating wage difference statistics & cultural nuance. they did something right.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    bad

meh, in the early 19th century the right of women to say no to marriage was being questioned & debated in britain. now we're debating wage difference statistics & cultural nuance. they did something right.

I think it just political issue.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

see that's always a problem: from the outside, you never know if the stance you hear most often in relation to a group is because it predominates the group, or because it's the loudest and most interesting (a.k.a. offensive) within that group.

just to be clear, what i am talking about is this sort of thing:
    - everything violent is blamed on the patriarchy, a.k.a. "this is what happens when men are allowed to rule".
    - women are portrayed to be as naturally egalitarian, thus better then the hierarchical males ().
    - correlations between gender inequality and human right violations are selectively picked.
    - correlations between female leaders and wars initiated under their rule are explained as circumstantial.
    etc..

so you're saying that's not the actual teaching, just the loudest nuts you hear about from the other side?
    like i said, i really don't know.
    well, it has been a while. I haven't been in college since 1997. But at that time I don't recall hearing anyone say any of that in any women's studies classes, except to point out an extremist position that they disagreed with.