User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Thread: Feminism SUCKS.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    You could make a poll and ask how many of the forum's feminists want a matriarchal society.
    You'd get every female voting no.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    bad

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    i get the impression the OP is talking about the existing feminism as the movement in academia - a.k.a. gender studies, while most posters are commenting about feminism as the social-political movement it used to be.
    ...That's what I thought about feminism.

After I expressed it,I got insult.Are they nazi's?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    But the guys might think it was a good idea?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I believe in equality for the genders, and would not politically support a preference for women having a dominant role over men. I tend to be flexible within a range of expressions of feminism even when it includes some overcompensation because of an awareness of the powerlessness of women throughout the world and throughout time. It is such a small fraction of humanity that has even considered gender equality. I've seen multiple cases of abused women still support male dominance over women. If some women overcompensate in the other direction, isn't that understandable? The context is different from a dominant demographic expecting privilege at the cost of others. The drawback to this compensation is that it legitimizes those arguments that say equality of human beings is somehow a flawed concept. For that reason I do not encourage feminists who seek domination over men, but feel zero anger at women who do when it is based on overcompensation. Equality and respect is the ideal.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Society

Quote Originally Posted by unnamed View Post
    ...That's what I thought about feminism.

After I expressed it,I got insult.Are they nazi's?
    no (well, some of them might be, i dunno) - but i get the impression they are just thinking of something completely different when they think of feminism.

you seem to think of the feminist academic stance, a.k.a. "girls are nice and nurturing boys are mean bullies responsible for all the violent things (now let's give the shy girl anorexia)", while they are thinking of the historical feminist movement, which brought in equal voting rights, equal rights to own, study, work, bank, hold positions of power, etc'..

yea but you'll have the males voting yes: leave us in the kitchen (with a dishwasher, a roomba and an x-box), use us as sex toys, then go out and bring in the money and buy us pretty stuff <3

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

you seem to think of the feminist academic stance, a.k.a. "girls are nice and nurturing boys are mean bullies responsible for all the violent things (now let's give the shy girl anorexia)", while they are thinking of the historical feminist movement, which brought in equal voting rights, equal rights to own, study, work, bank, hold positions of power, etc'..
    I wasn't a women's studies major or anything but I did take some classes and read quite a bit of feminist academic writing, and I can honestly say that the bolded is not really even close to what feminist scholars/writers say. A small subset, perhaps. I never really met anybody who agreed with them, though.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

leave us in the kitchen (with a dishwasher, a roomba and an x-box), use us as sex toys, then go out and bring in the money and buy us pretty stuff <3
    I never said that's what females should be doing. Who said I'm even a guy?

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    But the guys might think it was a good idea?
    So either way it wouldn't be accurate right?

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Made me wonder if unnamed was confusing the terms "feminist" and "feminine".
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    Made me wonder if unnamed was confusing the terms "feminist" and "feminine".
    I don't see how.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

So either way it wouldn't be accurate right?
    If you assume that forum feminists want a matriarchal society, but do not want people to know that's what they want, then it would not be an accurate poll. I have my doubts that such assumptions would be accurate, but can you ever truly know the deepest, darkest secrets of another person's heart?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers