Thread: Feminism SUCKS.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    it's not all cool, yes i would agree and see why feminism is still valuable etc etc.

that said there are times when the power of men seems vastly overstated. yes i understand how privilege can be hard to recognize, but i'm poking at characterizations which seem to suggest almost a conspiracy theory level of organization among males which just isn't there.

in other words, I was addressing something specific with that comment, and i hope that point doesn't get lost/misconstrued as something else...
    No, it's okay. And I know what you mean in terms of conspiracy. I'm white, after all. I don't go to secret meetings to keep minorities from advancing or to promote police harassment and harsher criminal penalties for minorities, but that stuff is a reality and it's the white majority that keeps that kind of thing going.

That doesn't mean I have all the power and privilege of someone like Ann Romney, but it's also no coincidence that I've never had a speeding ticket or had my vehicle searched during a routine traffic stop, etc.

Countering the fur argument, I submit dudes wearing animals:

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    that's exactly what happened here, the OP attacked one sub group (a small & extremist one according to ivy) under the umbrella name, so the people went on to defend the umbrella.
    Yeah. It wasn't even a much of a sub group. Fur wearing (and by the logic of the OP, fur trapping, skinning, tanning, and coat sewing) runway models who express their violence on innocent animals.

The worst kind of feminist frontierswoman.

That said it's understandable to make it a sounding board on the topic in general.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    No, it's okay. And I know what you mean in terms of conspiracy. I'm white, after all. I don't go to secret meetings to keep minorities from advancing or to promote police harassment and harsher criminal penalties for minorities, but that stuff is a reality and it's the white majority that keeps that kind of thing going.

That doesn't mean I have all the power and privilege of someone like Ann Romney, but it's also no coincidence that I've never had a speeding ticket or had my vehicle searched during a routine traffic stop, etc.

Countering the fur argument, I submit dudes wearing animals:
    that doesn't technically counter it.. i mean, he (she? not sure) isn't saying that men are non-violent, he is trying to say that women are violent too (or supportive of violence).

but just for fun:

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

that doesn't technically counter it.. i mean, he (she? not sure) isn't saying that men are non-violent, he is trying to say that women are violent too (or supportive of violence).

but just for fun:
    Alright, alright, but some of my images were at least a little bit hot.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    XXFP

Sounds like we're on the same page, but I'm also pointing out that even if one group has real advantages, it doesn't mean their claims are less legitimate. In other words, when you demonize the evil oppressor than it's ok to just ignore their issues.

Also ha look an example, I think a white female is probably at an advantage over a white male for being stopped/searched by police. Especially younger. I get stopped and detained by the police surprisingly frequently. Young black guy would have it worse than me, probably.

Honestly I don't know how much that really bothers me. Men are more likely to be criminals. Hmm. Still. If I was a girl they'd probably just lecture me about being in a dangerous area at night wearing revealing clothing and then let me go instead of searching me for weapons and detaining me while they run my ID through the system while asking me intentionally confusing questions - again. Not really throwing a fit over it (it's kinda fun to see how they work), but yeah, profiling goes all ways.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Sounds like we're on the same page, but I'm also pointing out that even if one group has real advantages, it doesn't mean their claims are less legitimate. In other words, when you demonize the evil oppressor than it's ok to just ignore their issues.

Also ha look an example, I think a white female is probably at an advantage over a white male for being stopped/searched by police. Especially younger. I get stopped and detained by the police surprisingly frequently. Young black guy would have it worse than me, probably.

Honestly I don't know how much that really bothers me. Men are more likely to be criminals. Hmm. Still. If I was a girl they'd probably just lecture me about being in a dangerous area at night wearing revealing clothing and then let me go instead of searching me for weapons and detaining me while they run my ID through the system while asking me intentionally confusing questions - again. Not really throwing a fit over it (it's kinda fun to see how they work), but yeah, profiling goes all ways.
    Absolutely. I joke about how easily I could get away with transporting drugs if I didn't have ethical problems with such an occupation. I'm a forty-two year old plain-looking white woman who drives a Dodge Caravan. The odds of a cop searching my sto-and-go compartments are the next best thing to zero.
    ~ John Rogers

Society

Alright, alright, but some of my images were at least a little bit hot.
    one word to 1up them all...
    too dangerous to say out loud...
    or even write directly...

MBTI
    XXFP

oh no

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

one word to 1up them all...
    too dangerous to say out loud...
    or even write directly...

I'm not going to google that unless my kids tell me it's okay.
    ~ John Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Is feminism just synomynous with egalitarianism then? If it is why is egalitarianism not sufficient?
    Sounds like Humanism.
    Dirt Farmer