User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 176

  1. #21

    Default

    I actually do believe in Angels, its also not the oddest thing that I believe when I think about it.

  2. #22
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    to those who said yes: what do you think of when you're saying you believe in angels?

    are you talking about these:




    or these:




    or.. hrm.. regular looking people secretly working for god? what is it exactly?

  3. #23
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    I grew up believing in angels and have religious friends who get excited over photos that show glowing images that are declared to be angels. I was taught I had a guardian angel who would not go inside a movie theater or bar with me because those were Satan's arenas. My religious background was a bit extreme, but it stuck until I was in my 20's because I attended church related schools during that time.

    Many religions have an idea of spiritual beings that comfort and guide. I have printed off and framed pictures of a variety of bodhisattvas, but I don't exactly believe in those either.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

  4. #24
    reflecting pool Typh0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    3,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I grew up believing in angels and have religious friends who get excited over photos that show glowing images that are declared to be angels. I was taught I had a guardian angel who would not go inside a movie theater or bar with me because those were Satan's arenas. My religious background was a bit extreme, but it stuck until I was in my 20's because I attended church related schools during that time.

    Many religions have an idea of spiritual beings that comfort and guide. I have printed off and framed pictures of a variety of bodhisattvas, but I don't exactly believe in those either.


  5. #25
    Member justwannabeMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    girl
    Posts
    89

    Default

    hm. religious talk. that should go over well...

    for whats it worth, -going against my better judgement- , here is what I believe:

    We existed before earth, and we will exist after. (not reincarnation - just us, the same, progressing).
    I believe in "angels" ... but they are just ... people. no different. human spirit. not fundamentally superior to mortals.
    Spirits on the pre-mortal side, or on the post-mortal side. Our family. Our friends, perhaps.
    Not necessarily 'guardian angels', as pop-culture defines them, but perhaps busy assisting/doing...
    Spirit is purified matter.

    Thats what I believe anyway.
    “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”

  6. #26
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    So that had me wondering two things, first of all, do you believe in angels?
    No.


    Second, is that the most implausible thing about Christianity or religion
    Nope.

    and if it isnt what is in your opinion?
    Lazarus, Christ, God.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    to those who said yes: what do you think of when you're saying you believe in angels?

    are you talking about these:




    or these:




    or.. hrm.. regular looking people secretly working for god? what is it exactly?
    I thought the ones featured in John Constantine were good.

    I'm familiar with a couple of those, although the one with the aryan women is a bit freaky for some reason.

    I like Dore's artwork, his scenes from the bible and dante's inferno are great.

  8. #28
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    to those who said yes: what do you think of when you're saying you believe in angels?

    are you talking about these:



    Yes, those, though I don't know if they are all angels and I think some things were just hard for the prophets who saw them to describe and that was the closest they could get. They might be some other species of heavenly being or they might be normal inhabitants of other planets or dimensions.

    Most of the encounters with angels I've read in the Bible have them looking more like this except glowy and apparently scary, as far as I can tell:


    It was hard to find one with clothes on. I totally should have expected that with all the Paranormal Romance I read.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    or.. hrm.. regular looking people secretly working for god? what is it exactly?
    I think they can look like regular people when it suits them.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post



    Yes, those, though I don't know if they are all angels and I think some things were just hard for the prophets who saw them to describe and that was the closest they could get. They might be some other species of heavenly being or they might be normal inhabitants of other planets or dimensions.

    Most of the encounters with angels I've read in the Bible have them looking more like this except glowy and apparently scary, as far as I can tell:


    It was hard to find one with clothes on. I totally should have expected that with all the Paranormal Romance I read.

    I think they can look like regular people when it suits them.
    That I most certainly do believe, the interplanetary or interdimensional thing, I often think about the second bill and ted movie in which they meet the universe's greatest intelligence and didnt expect it to be an extraterrestrial or non-human being.

    Strictly speaking, and this may amuse or amaze, the movie Dogma is actually pretty seriously orthodox in its portrayal of a lot of obscure theology, the demons, the angels, the fall angels, destroying an angels wings making them mortal etc. etc. All actual theology.

    The three headed angel which is eagle, lion, man, wait is there a forth head which is a bull too? I'm not sure, anyway, that one appeared in an episode of the x -files come to earth to "kill"/reclaim the off spring which were products of angels and humans interbreeding. It was an intriguing story but not as good as the one about the incorruptables, especially since the incorruptables actually exist in more recent history and accounts.

  10. #30

    Default



    This one is my absolute favourite, does anyone know anything more about it?

Similar Threads

  1. "I’m a Presbyterian Minister Who Doesn’t Believe in God"
    By Z Buck McFate in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-08-2016, 12:23 PM
  2. For those who believe in objective morality
    By run in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-30-2009, 07:47 PM
  3. For those who believe in spirit/soul...
    By Little Linguist in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 09:17 AM
  4. Do you believe in natural rights?
    By Kiddo in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-26-2008, 01:27 PM
  5. Do you believe in a higher power?
    By ygolo in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-03-2007, 08:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO